Season Tickets

bauman

Why do we continue to have people worry about getting their season tickets on time? This is not some fly-by-night organization. It's a D1 athletics program....

-at least in my mind I am a big supporter of the U and the ADept but I like to think I can be objective and when there is a reason to mention a falling short in an expectation I believe that to be worthy so when a few years ago there were problems with the printer and season tix arrived a couple of days ahead of the first game to me it opens such a topic

-part of this is like tv news and the first forecast of snow having 3 reporters with live shots, one at the city garage, one at modot and one on an overpass freezing their arse

-and my gosh there have never been other issues with how our D1 athletics program has acted or performed :o

back in my day we walked uphill both ways to get our student tickets from west pine gym. it was such a satisfying feeling getting tickets before the holiday break. They would hand out stacks! i felt like a big city scalper.

-at least in my mind I am a big supporter of the U and the ADept but I like to think I can be objective and when there is a reason to mention a falling short in an expectation I believe that to be worthy so when a few years ago there were problems with the printer and season tix arrived a couple of days ahead of the first game to me it opens such a topic

-part of this is like tv news and the first forecast of snow having 3 reporters with live shots, one at the city garage, one at modot and one on an overpass freezing their arse

-and my gosh there have never been other issues with how our D1 athletics program has acted or performed :o

People just received their tickets earlier than last year and yesterday people were worried that they wouldn't show up in time....

Mailing the tix is an antiquated system - why don't they just email them to us and let us print them as we need them or whenever. This would end this concern/issue - by the way mine did not arrive today.

This can't be serious. Can you imagine all the bitching people would be doing if they required everyone to print their own tickets.

Multiple pro teams do this.

Pro teams require fans to print their own tickets or give the option like the Cardinals? Which ones?

Not saying it should be either/or, but why not make it an option for season ticket holders?

It's likely not a free technology to offer. Lets say it costs 100,000 to offer (I'm totally making it up as I really have no idea what it costs but i know its not free) is it worth giving season ticket holders a print at home option for that cost. Wouldn't spending it on assistant coach salaries or recruiting budgets or charter flights be better?

Of all the things for people to ***** about, the fact season tickets show up a week before the first exhibition game in the mail and look great isn't one of them.

It's likely not a free technology to offer. Lets say it costs 100,000 to offer (I'm totally making it up as I really have no idea what it costs but i know its not free) is it worth giving season ticket holders a print at home option for that cost. Wouldn't spending it on assistant coach salaries or recruiting budgets or charter flights be better?

Of all the things for people to ***** about, the fact season tickets show up a week before the first exhibition game in the mail and look great isn't one of them.

I'm not griping. I don't think many were really griping. They were just wondering if tix had been mailed.

Sure, it costs something, but I'd bet the incremental cost is closer to nominal than material.