A10 Recruiting LOIs

Taj79

From around the league so far (including former A10/NBE teams) ....

Butler: Rene Castro SG (3*); Elijah Brown SG (4*); Nolan Berry PF (3*); and Andrew Chrabascz PF (3*).

Dayton: Dashon Smith PG (3.7*); Kyle Davis PG (3*); and Kendall Pollard SF (3*).

Duquesne: Isaiah Watkins, PF (3*) and Jordan Robinson, C (2.5*).

Fordham: three verbals two of which are 2* an done is 2.5*.

GeoWashington: Miguel Cartagena, PG (2*) and Nick Griffen, SG (2.5*).

La Salle: Amar Stukes, PG (2*).

Massachusetts: Seth Berger, SF (3*)and Zach Coleman, PF (2.3*).

Rhode Island: E.C. Matthews, SG (4*) and Hasan Martin, PF (3*).

Richmond: ShawnDre Jones, PG (2.3*), Tim Singleton, SG (2.7*), and Josh Jones, SG (2.3*).

Saint Joseph's: DeAndre Bembry, SF (4*).

Saint Bonaventure: none signed, one verballed (2*).

VCU: JeQuan Lewis, PG (3*), Jarius Lyles, SG (3*) and Antravius Simmons , C (2.7*).

Xavier: Brandon Randolph, PG (3.7*) and a verbal from a 2.7* PF.

Elsewhere around the league, Micah Mason is transferring from Drake to Duquesne. La Salle was pursuing 5-Star recruit Rondae Hollis-Jeffersn but he signed with Arizona. I am guessing this is the Temple kid's brother. Maybe kwjybo can confirem but Jesse Morgan, the kid who blew his knee out at our place this year, has left Umass. Looks like Rhode Island is also pursuing one of our names -- Hakim Saintil who is listed at 2.7 stars. Seven-footer Blake Vedder is transferring out of Rhode Island, another case of "the old coach left now so must I." Vedder has one year of eligibilty left. St. Joe's was also chasing the Hollis-Jefferson kid -- makes sense, all the Philly schools were likely on him. VCU was after Jordan Swopeshire but he committed to Bradley.

For next year, against those listed on our "Verbal Commits" list, Butler is also pursuing Jordan Barnett. Dayton, Xavier and La Salle are all pursuing Sean O'Mara.

-shouldn't all of the SVU players be (10*)?

-I like Butler, I am envious of their Final Four runs and being in the NBE, I like that we beat them 3 times this past season, Stevens seems like he is a good guy, Indy was a good road trip, but I sure wish if we are going after local players we shut the Dogs out

UD never fails to impress in the recruiting game, rarely does it prove bountiful. BU does well.. two final fours are strong medicine. Not surprised at Hurley if those kids are from NJ/NY area. His dad's a legend there and will be a huge asset for RI going forward. Same w/ Bobby whereever he went (Buffalo?). Of course both Hurley bros will move on once they see some success. How the Dukes get a 3 and a 2.5 is beyond me, but they'll probably leave in a year or two. I think we compare favorably with RA and Crawford. Now if we can land the PG from CA, RO, who's underrated, we'll have a solid class moving forward. I still think Drew will also help since RM got him here. Still would like to land the Nova transfer. Wasn't he a 4*?

Butler still doesn't have a point guard?

I guess some of our guys like MM or JJ could've been listed as a SG coming out of high school too, but I would have thought they would've signed a sure-fire PG considering all their problems handling the ball this year.

Butler still doesn't have a point guard?

I guess some of our guys like MM or JJ could've been listed as a SG coming out of high school too, but I would have thought they would've signed a sure-fire PG considering all their problems handling the ball this year.

I was thinking the same thing. Rotnei was their PG last year and he is gone. I suppose Barlow will handle the point for them or one of these freshman SG. Good thing for them they're are going to a different league or SLU (and VCU) would tear them up again next year.

Butler is still pursuing a 3* point guard, Shane Rector, who last played at South Kent with our own Reggie Agbeko. Rector is also listed under Manhattan, Hofstra, Umass, Dayton, Duquesne, Westewrm Kentucky, Providence, Mizzou, Rutgers and Texas A&M.

Hurley's 4* recruit is from Michigan; the other is from Staten Island. I don't know that Hurley is limiting his prospects to NYC or even focusing there. I'm sure he is some but he seems to have a lot cooking in later years for Massachusetts and New Jersey (sense)and he has targeted a 5* recruit once again out of Michigan. Seems to have a very nice Michigan pipleine going.

The 'Nova transfer, Yacoubou, was originally a 3.7* recruit; so, sure, we'll round up, what the hell.

Maybe kwjybo can confirem but Jesse Morgan, the kid who blew his knee out at our place this year, has left Umass.

He was kicked out of the school and Morgan is appealing. I am not sure if Kellogg or the rest of the team want him to win the appeal. UMass has visits from a number of high profile transfers but I have no idea if they are in the running (Tarik Black, Jabarie Hinds, etc.).

A much better story of a great guy and, to use an overly used word, hero (UMass team doctor was working the Boston Marathon finish line--he treated my high ankle sprain when I was playing ball and is a great guy):

http://www.gazettenet.com/home/5730907-95/umass-doctor-pierre-rouzier-at-ground-zero-of-attack