Oregon scares me

slu72

Not too worried about NMSU, we are going to show them some ball the likes of which they have nevet seen.

I'm with '72, though, I am very worried about matchups with the Oregon, especially their cheerleaders. Last time I saw them they seem to be really athletic.

Love our cheerleaders but O wins by double ddigits. The Billiken kicks duck ass though.....

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys are by far the superior team and there is no chance my lowly Aggies can pull off the upset. We'll be lucky if we keep it within 20 the first half. C'est la vie, there's always next year.

I am watching your WAC Championship game right now, lets be honest here, IF IF you guys pulled out an upset here it was because SLU beat themselves, not because of your teams superior athletic ability. Sorry, call it like it is. March Madness can get crazy and upsets def happen, but this SLU team is a far superior team 9.9 out of 10 games.

And it looks like you guys were a 4 or 5 seed in your WAC tournament, but got a lot of help from other teams by beating Denver, et al for you.

Question: what defense have you guys been running most the time this year? I think you guys need to go zone against us, as your big man (Sim?) wont be able to run with our big men.

I am watching your WAC Championship game right now, lets be honest here, IF IF you guys pulled out an upset here it was because SLU beat themselves, not because of your teams superior athletic ability. Sorry, call it like it is.

And it looks like you guys were a 4 or 5 seed in your WAC tournament, but got a lot of help from other teams by beating Denver, et al for you.

Question: what defense have you guys been running most the time this year? I think you guys need to go zone against us, as your big man (Sim?) wont be able to run with our big men.

We were a 3-seed. We split with the 1 and 2 seeds in the regular season. Our path to the tourney final and ultimately championship was helped by the top 2 seeds going down in the quarters.

We run a lot of man-to-man, but there's usually a healthy dose of 2-3 zone mixed in. I agree we're probably gonna have to rely on the zone if your bigs are knocking down the perimeter jumper.

Turnovers I think will decide the game. We'll have to flip the switch to have a chance. If we can protect the rock, then it MIGHT be within reach for us to pull off the upset. We haven't done anything recently that makes me think this will be the case.

We were a 3-seed. We split with the 1 and 2 seeds in the regular season. Our path to the tourney final and ultimately championship was helped by the top 2 seeds going down in the quarters.

We run a lot of man-to-man, but there's usually a healthy dose of 2-3 zone mixed in. I agree we're probably gonna have to rely on the zone if your bigs are knocking down the perimeter jumper.

Yeah, I will be interested to see who you guys put Sim on. Maybe Dwayne Evens who is 6'5 PF? He is really the only one that wont be able to shoot on the perimeter. Not sure if you have anyone who can guard our 6'11 Center on the perimeter if Sim is on Dwayne. I think a zone will make it interesting, as our guys have an issue with zone def a couple times this year. I dont see man going to0 well with Sim having to matchup wtih someone. Him having to run on the perimeter to guard our center wont happen.

BTW, do you guys have another board besides the Scout board?

Yeah, I will be interested to see who you guys put Sim on. Maybe Dwayne Evens who is 6'5 PF? He is really the only one that wont be able to shoot on the perimeter. Not sure if you have anyone who can guard our 6'11 Center on the perimeter if Sim is on Dwayne. I think a zone will make it interesting, as our guys have an issue with zone def a couple times this year. I dont see man going to0 well with Sim having to matchup wtih someone. Him having to run on the perimeter to guard our center wont happen.

BTW, do you guys have another board besides the Scout board?

We do, but the scout one is the most active. If you check out the pull down menu that says "Posse Forums" you can find the others.

If we decided to put Bhular on someone other than your center, then the duty to cover your big guy would probably go to Renaldo Dixon or maybe even Bandja Sy. I really do see us having to rely on the zone this game though.

NMSU is not more athletic than VCU. Not a chance. Sure, not a great matchup...but this is NEW MEXICO STATE. If we really want to play with the big boys and ball in the New Big East, we have to win this kind of game, regardless of the fact that the matchup isn't ideal. We will make their Kong move, we will attack him, and he will get in foul trouble.

Here is some videos showing NMSU's athleticism.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxRXoqOdyoQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJVYwyz3XSM&feature=youtu.be

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34ee7H6TTu4