Indiana's Mr Basketball - When is it selected and just how likely is Crawford a real contender for it?

we're getting a 6'5", great shooting, hard driving, athletic, 4.2 GPA WORKER and WINNER. and if what one means to their team is the criteria, then he's this year's Mr. Basketball for the basketball state to beat all basketball states. i am ECSTATIC to have him as a billiken. MIKE TIPTON cannot get here soon enough. i'm only sad that he never got to work with majerus. HATE.

This guy sounds awesome. I like hearing that his team beat some top 4A competition to include the #8 4A team. So he can hang with the big boys and has some height. Have any of the ratings services updated his rating?

Relax, folks, maybe we can redshirt him for two (2) years -- not just one (1) year?!? :rolleyes:

Like the rest of you guys, since not enough big name schools showed early interest, he must really suck. :rolleyes:

Also, our track record is not good for signing guys who shun the AAU spotlight. Remember, the last guy who said no to AAU games/travel/hype was named Kevin Lisch -- and we all know how he turned out!! What a dumb idea KL had -- practice your fundamentals (shooting, dribbling... when you could be playing games and dunking the ball. Modern players. :rolleyes:

I could have sworn he was talking about JM's playing ability, not height. If it was height that allows JM to have NBA potential then why was there nothing said about Rob Loe (same height) or the other 6'11+ guys out there who never make it to the NBA?

I was trying to find the interview / press conference of RM talking about JM being potential NBA talent one day, I came across this post by Tonka in 2012: http://www.billikens.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=22692&page=4

So, I know I am not crazy, just cant find the video haha.

BTW - I ran across this in Google. It is from JM's high school coach about RM and JM-- Good story that I havent seen on here:

http://evobball.com/new-website/

You are correct, RM did say JM had NBA potential. We need to keep in mind he said this before JM played any real college ball. The other thing is just because someone has NBA potential, it doesn't mean he will live up to that potential and probably even more accurate - develop that potential.

I don't know why people are hard on JM. He didn't get many minutes this year because of the amount of depth we had on this team. JM is more athletic than Loe and can get up and down the floor pretty well for a big man. JM is a not shot blocker. RM said they had helped JM develop a nice little hook shot that he was capable of sinking with either hand.

I understand RM is gone, but this staff had been in place for two years now and JM has been working with a talented team. Conklin developed some great footwork for his senior year. DE's footwork and positioning get better all the time. I think JM will surprise some people next year, especially come conference play after he's had half a season of logging some minutes. I think his senior year he will be a nice player.

FYI, Anthony Calhoun was the talking head who introduced the Crawford family segment with a grimace. He is the sports director at WISH-TV channel 8 in Indy. One of his other jobs is the Television play-by-play voice of Butler Basketball.

http://www.wishtv.com/dpp/about_us/personalities/Anthony_Calhoun_410135

During the post tournament celebration at Hinkle Fieldhouse after Butler went to it's second Final Four in 2011 Calhoun hosted the party. The people who spoke at the celebration were Indiana Gov. Mitch Daniels, then current Butler president Wong, Horizon League Commissioner Jon LeCrone, Brad Stevens, Athletic Director Barry Collier and Senator Dick Lugar. Calhoun got so caught up in the celebration that I think he said the phrase "Back to Back Final Fours" in a loud blaring voice at least four times.