Only single seats left for Butler

Basketbill

I don't know how many math majors we have in this thread, but 1000 students could not possibly fit into 119...i.e. the normal student section...I don't care how tightly you pack them in

mIMGA1047.jpg

Last year the Xavier game (pictured above) drew 10,441. 1000 students represents in excess of 9.5% of the entire crowd. How many rows are in 119? I'm pretty sure it's less than 20, but let's call it 20. How many per row on average including the wedge? 25? That's 500 right there. Think you can squeeze an extra 5 per row, that still leaves ~400 students spilling into 121 (behind the band), the standing room area behind 119, 219, and 220.

Not sure on this but I want to say that there are more than 20 rows in the student section. Will find out exactly tomorrow. We can come close to packing 1000 students into the student section but there probably will be some spillover into other sections. Hopefully those students stand and yell the entire game and get their section pumped up too.

on Monday, I was able to get four obstructed seats together ($20 a piece). Not bad, but no idea what's left today.

Just tried to buy 2 seats together at any price range and I couldn't do that, but could get single seats in obstructed areas. Sometimes the website messes up, but that's a good sign. Should be a legit sellout.

Weird, I definitely thought we were told it was going to be $15 a year not a semester. I do think you estimation of an average of 80 students for the 12 non-conference games is ridiculously low. The student was never "full" at any of the games I made it to, but it was usually more than half full for the games while in school was in session, so I can't imagine the average falling down to 80

The student section probably had 200 students for some games. But over winter break I could count on my 2 hands the amount of people in the student section that were actually SLU students for a few games. The band likely had more people than real students in the student section for non-conference play. I hope that changes in the future. But I still stand by my average of 80.

speaking of sec 219. There seems to be a lot of student overflow into that section. I will be curious to see how it all shakes out on thurs. Students keep getting displaced as they dont have an assigned seat. Its gonna be TIGHT in that student section

They handed out a limited number student tickets for the game. Students can't get in without one, so students shouldn't be overflowing.

mIMGA1069.jpg

For those in the nose bleed sections Thursday, scout out center court locations 2-10 rows up during the first half. Move down there in the second half. A buddy and I did this for the X game and it was friggin' sweet. I won't soon forget being 4 rows up, center court for Conk and KC's senior night (and then watching Backhand destroy some appletinis post game at Fieldhouse).

Only single tickets are available and only in the $32 and $40 price range. Will probably be difficult to sell the rest of those, but it will be a packed house and most likely the highest ever attended game at Chaifetz.

I was just able to find 2 $32 obstructed view seats together. I think there are only singles available for regular seats, but there are still some grouped together in the obstructed view seats. Either way it is about as close as you can get to a full house. I'm not sure that there is much standing room in Chaifetz, but I wonder if they would/can sell standing room if all the seats are taken?

mIMGA1069.jpg

This is awesome. Thanks for posting. Above that Parking Spot sign in the corner (over Robinson's back) I can see myself (standing) and my wife (sitting, dark blue Xavier sweatshirt). I will be sending this to her before we go to the Xavier game next month as a friendly reminder.