A-10 scores

gister

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="billikenfan05" data-cid="336611" data-time="1358482496"><p>

VCU student section and fans are fantastic. I hate them, but they are fantastic. Take notes SLU fans/students.</p></blockquote>

Agreed. What an atmosphere

Pete Gillen did color on CBS Sports Net last night. He resorted to his coaching persona --- he was calling fouls all over the place on VCU. He said they (VCU) were clutching, grabbing, slapping, all sorts of coach-like complaints. But out of the typical Gillen mess, a real gem of an observation -- that is if the refs are not going to call the calls, VCU has the advantage and will push that advantage even further until the refs do make a call. If they don't what does VCU care. If they do, VCU can go 11 deep. Shaka Smart's antics on the sidelines are done to "play" along with the style he wants his team dictating.

VCU reminded me of Oregon football. We'll just outscore you and see if you can keep up. There were times St. Joe's looked horrible. I was somewhat surprsied they had the lead, let alone went to overtime.

Our game will hinge on our tempo taking over and the refs keeping the VCU hackers at bay.

The atmosphere was bonkers, of course their arena only holds 7500. But the students were amazing. St. Joe's played people I had never heard of before. Kanacevic was/is at a family funeral in Europe; they don't know when he'll return. Not that his style of play would have helped last night. VCU is a style one rarely sees for a full 40 minutes. I was impressed .... and scared. Should be a good one if we're right.

I give credit to Smart as he is a great young coach. However, the dude needs a lesson on how to dress. His tie was way too short and the stripe on stripe look only works at the 11th grade prom. He needs to call Paulie B. for some suit advice as well. I was embarassed for him.

Wasn't Troy Daniels the leading three-point shooter percentsage-wise in the nation (42%) going into last night? Brick! One-for-nine as VCU shoots 7-for-32 (21.9%). Still win, tho.

St. Joe's beat them in almost every statistic .. except steals and turnovers. That is HAVOC at it's designed best. That's what it does.