OT: Pujols

MB73

He's 36+. Personal friend for 20+ yrs who is in "the game" noted that when he played high school, he had no valid age documentation but told scouts the specific age leagues he played in The Dominican and if you do the math he was actually 3 yrs older.

The Independence, MO high school coach put him down as 18, he was really 21. Lousy team, nobody gave a damn and then even though he hit 400+ foot homers and plenty of them he was a fat shortstop (270+ back then) and so he wasn't drafted until the 17th round. First he played one yr of JUCO and another friend of mine's son played in the league and they all "knew".

Hrabosky said on the air that even though he hit so many home runs in the Kansas City area, even the Royals did not draft him because of "concerns about his weight and questions about his true age". Al said that last yr during a Cardinal broadcast. Several national and local medic types have written that they are skeptical about his true age. Not just me. And the Patriot Act and all that is bs, he could get around that easily.

SO for those that haven't read the old threads, that is where I am coming from. Believe what you want. Act like an ass if you want. The Cards knew it, so did everyone, but without absolute proof you are a racist and all of that. I know that he is 36+. Now I am speculating, but I do not believe that even with the new TV contract and the rich Hispanic owner, the Angels are not REALLY going to pay him $ 254M for 10 yrs. There must be a confidential clause somewhere, they know damn well he isnt going to make it much longer. .331 for 10 yrs, then .299, now .285. Not bad. But not MVP land and I still say he will only play another 3 yrs or so even though he is a stat hound and wants to pad his stats and the DH will help him.

Again, believe what you want. I am just trying to inform some fellow Billikens. Some day, it will come out; might be awhile.

i actually agree with mb on the albert age thing and have also heard plenty of stories about the efforts to hide the truth.

you got to admit that during the time period when most superstars are putting up their absolute best numbers, albert is declining. go back about 4-5 years and look at those years.

i am just glad the cardinals didnt win the contract.

what i dont understand is all the animosity towards albert for leaving. nothing every one of us wouldnt do if we had the same opportunity to take a pay raise and long term security deal if we had the opportunity. a pro athlete's career is so short, i would never blame them for getting what they can while they can. if all is over too soon. and considering how it ultimately worked out with albert's continuing slide down and beltran coming to st louis and having a better season why would fans care? just makes no sense.

i actually agree with mb on the albert age thing and have also heard plenty of stories about the efforts to hide the truth.

you got to admit that during the time period when most superstars are putting up their absolute best numbers, albert is declining. go back about 4-5 years and look at those years.

what i dont understand is all the animosity towards albert for leaving. nothing every one of us wouldnt do if we had the same opportunity to take a pay raise and long term security deal if we had the opportunity. a pro athlete's career is so short, i would never blame them for getting what they can while they can. if all is over too soon. and considering how it ultimately worked out with albert's continuing slide down and beltran coming to st louis and having a better season why would fans care? just makes no sense.

Animosity is simple. First, Albert said it wasn't about the money when it really was. Second, Albert dragged the contract talks on way too long. Third, Albert did not give us rabid fans much hope or optimism for years while constantly talking like a businessman, attorney or politician and not as a player or fan favorite. Fourth, Albert sulked and was jealous after Holiday got his money (remember that Albert complained the Cards weren't competitive and that he didn't have the teammates to win before Holiday and yet was upset and jealous after we got him) so the Cards just couldn't win. Fifth, losing the best Cardinal since Stan really hurts.

Yea, All these people know the truth, yet none of them want the notoriety and fame that would come with exposing it.

I certainly understand how a family just isn't quite secure yet with a 210 mil contract and 100 mil earned already. With 310 my kid would have to drive a Ferrari, 350 ... and I get him a Bugatti.

Saying it doesn't make sense that Cards fans would care isn't just ridiculous ...

I have no idea what Pujols' age is. I never really liked him when he played for the Cardinals anyway. My uncle plays in the Pujols golf tournament every year and last year he said that Pujols said something about how he remembers playing with Dotel in little league. Now Dotel is 38 and Pujols says he's 32. Maybe Pujols played up a couple years? But not 6 years. Maybe my uncle misunderstood. Maybe Pujols misspoke. I don't really care though.

Cardinals in 5 over the Giants.

My grandfather's best friend's uncle said he saw Pujols playing in the ***** Leagues back in 1938. Just before he died last year, we asked him, 'How old is Albert Pujols?' He said, 'Albert Pujols is 137 years old.' I am just passing on the facts as I heard them.

My grandfather's best friend's uncle said he saw Pujols playing in the ***** Leagues back in 1938. Just before he died last year, we asked him, 'How old is Albert Pujols?' He said, 'Albert Pujols is 137 years old.' I am just passing on the facts as I heard them.

Resorting to ridicule, what does that tell you?

The man from which I obtained the information is of impeccable credibility. There have been numerous reports of skepticism about this from ESPN and others. There have been reports that he played in the same age group team as Dotel so do not mock the other poster. Of course, in youth baseball some players "play up" a year or two.

There is no smoking gun, but some day it will surface.

.331 for 10 yrs, then 299 then .285.

He is 36+, going downhill, he's got another couple yrs, no way 2021. Or 2020. Or 2019. Or 2018. Or 2017. No way 2016. Whatever.

Is he going to put up worse numbers in the 2nd half of his career than the first half? Of course he is! That is just a fact of life. His numbers are going to slowly degrade. However, the way I see how this season played out, he looks to still have an MVP-caliber season or two left in him. He started off this season terribly, and was below .200 into mid-May. However, after May 15th, he put up the following line:

.312/.374/.589/.964, 42 2B, 29 HR, 93 RBI, 75 R

Extrapolate that over an entire season, and you have the following:

58 2B, 40 HR, 127 RBI, 103 R (along with the same average marks as above.)

Pretty much a typical Pujols season. And despite the slow start, he still finished 3rd in the AL in extra base hits and 2nd in doubles. He ended up with 14 more extra base hits than he had all of last year. And, he started off slow and finished up strong.

Pujols hit .269/.315/.420 from Sept 1 onward. How is that finishing strong?

You can ignore his atrocious start if you want, but those games counted - and his awful April was a major reason his club fell short of the postseason. He's done this now 2 years in row mind you. There is a pattern developing that he's going to have 1 or 2 months each year where he's not the superhuman hitting machine he used to be.

None of this proves he's lying about his age or suffering from a league-wide crackdown on PEDs. He's a great player in decline. He could be 32 or 36. There really aren't any good comps because his first 10 years were unprecedented. The stats are never going to convict him (or vice versa). You either believe him about his age or you don't. Both sides interpret the stats and see what they want to see. Arguing about it is akin to arguing about religion.

At this point he's the Angels' problem. He might age better than A-Rod, but he's still 4 seasons away from the midway point of the 10 year deal (i.e. the point where A-Rod is with the Yankees). I think we all agree that his decline phase was not worth a 10-year 200M+ contract

Cardinals in 7 games. What else?

Cardinals win first 3 games but Giants win next three before the Cardinals win game 7. Cardinals get 7 run lead in 7th game but Giants take 1 run lead, 9-8, at end of 8th inning. In 9th Cardinals tie it up and win it in the 11th. Final 10-9 Cardinals. The two all-time leaders in World Series wins meet in the ultimate Fall classic.

Resorting to ridicule, what does that tell you?

The man from which I obtained the information is of impeccable credibility. There have been numerous reports of skepticism about this from ESPN and others. There have been reports that he played in the same age group team as Dotel so do not mock the other poster. Of course, in youth baseball some players "play up" a year or two.

There is no smoking gun, but some day it will surface.

.331 for 10 yrs, then 299 then .285.

He is 36+, going downhill, he's got another couple yrs, no way 2021. Or 2020. Or 2019. Or 2018. Or 2017. No way 2016. Whatever.

Hey MB, can you tell me again how old you think Albert Pujols is? I am still unclear on your thoughts about this subject. I don't think you have made enough posts about it on this board. Can you please enlighten me?

Hey MB, can you tell me again how old you think Albert Pujols is? I am still unclear on your thoughts about this subject. I don't think you have made enough posts about it on this board. Can you please enlighten me?

Smart ass as usual; you have made more posts per day on irrelevant stuff in the last yr than anyone. OT: Barry Larkin HOF????

Anyway, kid, there are so many things that cannot be "proven" in black and white for small minds but are true. Some are proven 30 yrs later.

• I think over 1,000+ players in MLB baseball used steroids and / or HGH, do you? Prove they all did.
  • Same with NFL; NBA. Prove it.
  • I think Oswald did not act alone, do you? Prove it either way.
  • I think the Vietnam war was was started by LBJ with the falsehoold that we were attacked in the Gulf Of Tonkin. Do you? Prove it.
  • I think NE stole signals from the Rams in the Super Bowl, do you? Prove it.
  • I think Biondi HURTS the athletic department at SLU, do you? Prove it.
Etc.

So I am merely saying that I truly know someone inside baseball and that Pujols is 3+ yrs overaged for the fellow Billikens on the board and that the Cardinals knew it but could not prove it and carefully let him go and it was smart. And you make juvenile remarks.

SO you can go through life believing the front page of the SL Post Dispatch, or start using your head. Believe what you wish. No need for childish remarks.

Smart ass as usual; you have made more posts per day on irrelevant stuff in the last yr than anyone. OT: Barry Larkin HOF????

Anyway, kid, there are so many things that cannot be "proven" in black and white for small minds but are true. Some are proven 30 yrs later.

• I think over 1,000+ players in MLB baseball used steroids and / or HGH, do you? Prove they all did.
  • I think the Vietnam war was was started by LBJ with the falsehoold that we were attacked in the Gulf Of Tonkin. Do you? Prove it.
Etc.

So I am merely saying that I truly know someone inside baseball and that Pujols is 3+ yrs overaged for the fellow Billikens on the board and that the Cardinals knew it but could not prove it and carefully let him go and it was smart. And you make juvenile remarks.

SO you can go through life believing the front page of the SL Post Dispatch, or start using your head. Believe what you wish. No need for childish remarks.

MB, the last two topics you started on this board are about Pujols's age and how the Thunder were going to beat the Heat in Game 4 due to the NBA intervening to make it a dramatic series. You completely derailed a recruiting thread by bringing up Pearl Harbor and how the Japanese are sneaky bastards. But, somehow I am the one most noted for posting about irrelevant stuff on this board because I once started a thread about Barry Larkin when he was elected to the HOF. O-kay.

And regarding Pujols, I can see your point if you just wanted to spread some of your 'insider knowledge' to your fellow Billikens on this board...if you had merely posted about this subject once or twice. But you have literally made dozens, perhaps hundreds, of posts saying the same fuoking thing. You are a gotdamned broken record on this thing. You don't find it weird that you are over 60 years old and you are obsessed with a professional baseball player's age to the point that you constantly post about it on a message board that is devoted to Billiken sports? That doesn't strike you as somewhat odd behavior, perhaps something expected of a 24-7 weirdo obsessive stalker type of person?

So yes, I am going to make 'childish remarks' towards you in regards to this topic. Because it isn't worth anything else at this point. You have repeated yourself so many times on this one thing that the only thing left to do is to mock you for it. You seem to always get really butthurt when you feel someone is making personal attacks or treating you without respect. Yet, all you do is treat others on this board disrespectfully, taking your little Archie Bunker act as far as it can go. Your victim mentality is hilarious. It is perfectly OK for you to personally attack others, treat them with disrespect and completely dismiss their opinions or thoughts, but when it is done to you, it is juvenile and childish and completely uncalled for.

Poor, poor MB. Life just isn't fair for you.

Etc.

The difference is you "think" each of those things in your list but "know" Pujols age.

On another note, I'm a little worried about bizzleboy. I haven't seen him post in a couple of days and now i see this: http://miami.cbslocal.com/2012/10/16/miami-rapper-bizzle-shot-to-death-at-car-wash/

The difference is you "think" each of those things in your list but "know" Pujols age.

On another note, I'm a little worried about bizzleboy. I haven't seen him post in a couple of days and now i see this: http://miami.cbsloca...th-at-car-wash/

Don't worry, Boytoy, I am still among the living. And I want to dispell any and all rumors that this was a revenge attack on this man for infringing on my name. Those rumors are completely and utterly unfounded.

On another note, I'm a little worried about bizzleboy. I haven't seen him post in a couple of days and now i see this: http://miami.cbsloca...th-at-car-wash/

What is the world coming to. Have a little grudge and you roll up in your Ecalade and pop a rapper in front of his kids.

Back in my day we would have met at the Office Depot and handled our business without guns

Impecable logic moytoy, a la bizzle boy, a la a sophomore at, say, Visitation.

Don't worry, the guy who was murdered in Miami is not our bizzle, the rapper was much more intelligent, too brainy. Our bizzle writes dozens of babyish replies every time I make one post on the Pujols facts.

Different guy for sure.