A10 Summer Shootaround!

You have to think that handling "expectations" might be a worst-case-scenario... however, the way we competed with Michigan State and the way we prepared for them in about 24 hours leaves me with little doubt that this team can compete with anyone in the country and that Rick Majerus can "out coach" anyone in the country.

It's a great time to be a Billiken.

-i'll have to agree with katz that the a10 seemed to handle the last minute schedule changes with vcu and butler being added to the mix very well, leads me to believe the folks in the conference office are better and give me hope for the next tv contract

-we have two more opponents this year, our own expectations for success and a target on our chest as favorite/good team/possible pre-season ranking, i have confidence in Rick and the Staff to take care of these

-i don't mind being noticed as a team to be reckoned with from the start, shows growth of the program

-this could be fun, let's enjoy it

The A10 has had a team ranked in the preseason top 25 for the past 3 years.

What are our odds of being ranked during the preseason polls this year?

I expect that we will be ranked 20-25 in about half the polls, the others will have us just outside the top 25. Any poll that has us worse than that is not credible. I was surprised that there were some people on here last year who didn't feel like being ranked was important. I don't get that. Top 25 teams get more coverage, exposure, publicity, etc. I want to see us ranked in a lot of preseason Top 25 polls and then stay there all season. If we want to be a great program, we better get used to high expectations. Bring it on.

It's pretty sweet to be considered the favorite in a league with established tourney programs like X, Temple, Butler, and VCU. Add to that a lot of up and coming teams like UD, Umass, St. Joes, and it's time to do a Tebow and say thanks to God for delivering unto us Rick Majerus.

I expect that we will be ranked 20-25 in about half the polls, the others will have us just outside the top 25. Any poll that has us worse than that is not credible. I was surprised that there were some people on here last year who didn't feel like being ranked was important. I don't get that. Top 25 teams get more coverage, exposure, publicity, etc. I want to see us ranked in a lot of preseason Top 25 polls and then stay there all season. If we want to be a great program, we better get used to high expectations. Bring it on.

It's not important in regards to getting into the NCAA tournament, but you're right, it's big for fan hype, exposure, etc.

Top 25 means you don't have to wait for conference scores on ESPN's ticker. You are shown over and over and over again. And you make Sports Center almost every game.

This season is going to be great. This is what I've been waiting for, and I for one have a chip on my shoulder about it as a Bills fan. I am thrilled to be the big dog.

Fun? This is mana from Heaven, Cowboy. The pot of gold at the end of a very long rainbow. Finally reaching the promised land. Jubilation's more like it.

-if you mean the worm has turned and last year was the start to a long run of success i agree with you as one tourney visit and win in 12 seasons is not my goal