Tillman

NYBill

I hate to admit it, but the first thing that went through my mind when I read about this Tillman is that he was just some guy who wanted to go kill people so he signed up to do that. Will I apologize to his family.

I've now read a few articles about this extraordinary man. Apparently he just wasn't materialistic at all and wanted to give something back on account of the comfortable life he led. I think he was misguided in what he choose to do - joining the Peace Corps would be way better than taking war directions from this lunatic Bush.

If Bush hadn't have dropped everything to invade Iraq we could have put the proper number of people in Afghanistan and probably have bin Laden by now and almost certainly Tillman would be alive right now. Instead, we have a skelton undermanned crew in both Iraq and Afghanistan and lots of people are dying needlessly. It's an outrage, a crime. Bush's arrogance is costing hundreds of real lives everyday - and America wants to re-elect him...

P.S. - It would not surprise me if we do have bin Laden right now and Bush is just keeping him in a box until 4 weeks prior to the election. Innocent people dying trying to track him down now? Bush wouldn't care, he thinks God's will to have him re-elected is more important than a few workaday people's lives.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

>I hate to admit it, but the first thing that went through my

>mind when I read about this Tillman is that he was just some

>guy who wanted to go kill people so he signed up to do that.

> Will I apologize to his family.

>

>I've now read a few articles about this extraordinary man.

>Apparently he just wasn't materialistic at all and wanted to

>give something back on account of the comfortable life he

>led. I think he was misguided in what he choose to do -

>joining the Peace Corps would be way better than taking war

>directions from this lunatic Bush.

>

>If Bush hadn't have dropped everything to invade Iraq we

>could have put the proper number of people in Afghanistan

>and probably have bin Laden by now and almost certainly

>Tillman would be alive right now. Instead, we have a

>skelton undermanned crew in both Iraq and Afghanistan and

>lots of people are dying needlessly. It's an outrage, a

>crime. Bush's arrogance is costing hundreds of real lives

>everyday - and America wants to re-elect him...

>

>P.S. - It would not surprise me if we do have bin Laden

>right now and Bush is just keeping him in a box until 4

>weeks prior to the election. Innocent people dying trying

>to track him down now? Bush wouldn't care, he thinks God's

>will to have him re-elected is more important than a few

>workaday people's lives.

Those are a lot of unfair and unsubstantiated accusations directed toward the President. Tillman was killed on a stealth mission in Afghanstain. Not many people question the merits of our mission in Afghanastain, and millions of additional troops would not have affected a stealth operation. The incident was a terrible tragedy; your editorial criticisms are inappropriate.

What's unsubstantiated? I'll tell you about unsubstantiated - that Iraq was buying weapons grade plutonium, that Iraq was involved in the Sept. 11 attacks, that Iraq had WsMD. Those are things your President looked you in the eye and lied to you about.

Is it unsubstantiated that we don't have enough people in either Iraq or Afghanistan? Of course not. If we had enough troops in Afghanistan we wouldn't need to perform as many stealth missions. Stealth missions are required when you are badly outnumbered.

We didn't need to go into Iraq. IRAQ DID NOT PRESENT AN IMMINENT THREAT TO THIS COUNTRY. That is a fact that even Dick Cheney would have to admit to at this point. We lost attention on Afghanistan - where the mass murderer bin Laden was living - to invade a country that did not present any threat to the United States. And by doing so we do not have the military force necessary to hunt down the real mass murderer of thousands of innocent Americans.

This is an outrage. President Bush should be impeached for lying to this country and costing thousands of innocent lives (tens of thousands when you include innocent Iraq lives).

THINK FOR YOURSELF INSTEAD OF LETTING A RICH BOY WHO NEVER DID ANYTHING ON HIS OWN TELL YOU WHAT'S GOING ON.

What disgusts me is that you take an incident like Tillman's death to offer up garbage like that. I don't mind disagreeing with you on the merits of the current international situation, but why not show Tillman some respect. Tillman dropped everything -money, fame, comfortability, the American Dream - to hunt down a guy that wants to kill you, your countrymen, and life as we know it. He made the ultimate sacrifice for us. Lets just leave our thoughts centered on that, his family, and the others that have volunteered to protect this country.

Why not also center your thoughts on the young men that will die tonight, tomorrow, the next day, and every single day until God knows when until there is some sanity returned to the situation?

Your approach is sympathetic, but in my opinion naive. The whole point is that there will be no end to the loss of innocent life until the situation is properly addressed.

Obviously from the responses on this board I understand people may disagree about the root of the problem - but this President won't even admit there is a problem. That is indefensible.

NY Bill,

I don't like to talk politics on this board. I have not jumped into the fray about the current resident at the WH and his opponent as IMHO it's nobodies business who I support or why.

I don't think that Bush's Iraq policy is an impeachable offense whether I agree with it or not. If you don't like your elected officials then that's why elections are held. Hey, if you don't like Bush then you can try voting him out of office come November. I just hate to argue politics on the Billikens.com website. If you catch me in a bar or at social event then I will tell you exactly how I feel but not here...it's just not the place IMHO!

I guess that's one policy you can have.

I love to talk about politics and it really is interesting to notice that almost everyone "in favor" of Bush's policies never want to engage on an intellectual level. I realize it is because the policies are indefensible and these people just have no clue about the details and ramifications of what is happening but that's pretty sad - especially when you're dealing with college grads.

Don't bother responding with the further one or two sentence non-substantive replies, I'm done reading this thread and regret posting it.

The fact that we choose not to discuss something completely irrelevant to this board is no indication of our opinion on or the merits of the issue.

Political discourse is wonderful. Unfortunately based on your hysterical posts it is evident that you are not interested in political discourse, but rather looking for opportunities to make sensational, intentionally agitating statements for your own benefit.

I love the intellectual level snub. I thought liberals were trying to break free of the "elite" tag. You may have set that effort back.

For you to take something so tragic like this and turn it into why you hate the president makes you are a complete jerk(for lack of better word). I know I am propably going to get ban for saying that, but that is how stronly I feel about this. This is a billiken's website and if you want to slander the president like that then take it somewhere else.

R.I.P. Pat Tillman

Bill, I shouldn't say it, but I will, and we even have a resident board expert who spent time poking and searching in Iraq. The pretext that Bush built for invading Iraq was wrong, and the objectives and strategies he employed for exiting Iraq are muddled at best.

In regard to weapons of mass destruction, the biological and chemical capabilities were what worried me. It was obvious Hussein did not have any nuclear capability at this point, for there was not an industrial plant with electric power usage on the scale needed to operate the centrifuge calutrons needed for uranium isotopic seperation.

At some point in the future, Hussein would have become a major liability. Removing Hussein and not being able to implement a well versed recovery plan has opened the door for Al-Q and Iraqi militants to rush in and create chaos. They were able to influence the Spanish election, they are proving they can block Iraq's transition, and it will be interesting how they try to manipulate ours next.

If we had recreated a semblance of infrastructure in Iraq and empowered a government, we would have defeated Hussein. Running water, electric, transport, and sewage are what Iraqis want and desperately need. The rest of the Arab world desperately wants us to fail in this regard, because other governments do not want to see our government and open market system imported to their countries.I'll stop now so I don't ramble too much:>

When hearing of his passing in the line of duty I was immediately upset. My prayers go out to the families that have lost loved ones in this War and I'm praying for a speedy resolution. I felt that another American life was lost unecessarily. Whatever reason our troops were sent there, I truly believe its time for them to come home. I really do.

Although I consider myself a Progressive, I say lets make some sort of pledge, "keep this board politics free". Remember if you want to make enemies, just start talking about politics or religion. We don't need anymore of that with our friendly Mizzou trolls that come in here LOL.

This board has been great. Being out of town, I was in the dark on the happenings of my beloved Billikens for years. Now lets keep it to just that.

After reading all your posts in this thread hopefully all reasonable and responsible people will agree that you are a VERY SICK INDIVIDUAL who deserves to be represented by Mrs. Clinton. Please find a NY basketball team to follow.