Any news on non conference schedule?

Sure like to see Mo State again. Bet a lot of powers will stay away from us. I hate those stretches of low end directional schools to fill the schedule. Rather try to play MVC schools like Illinois State, Bradley than those schools we played at home last December. Hope RM can convince a few old rivals to come to Chavaitz.

Fuock Mo State and the pathetic excuse for a two-bit conference they tried to ride in on......I'd rather play the dregs of the ohio valley than that puffed up Boone county wannabe excuse for UMSL. MO State?? The name itself makes me laugh at the shame of SWMS's freakish misery........

Fuock Mo State and you can go to hell for mentioning them. Are we clear??????

Very mature.

MO State screwed SLU when they were supposed to come here and play us and it had created quite a bit of animosity for SLU fans. RM himself said he would never play them again after what they pulled. Rich's reaction pretty much summarizes what most SLU fans feel. Rich was just "passionate" in his response :rolleyes:

One has to love Fan59's "passion" ---- in his first ever post, he comes on stating Jett and McCall have grade problems and are likely either gone or in trouble. Now hecomes back and raises the issue of playing Missouri State again.

Let's say his handle implies he's been a fan since the day he was born (if not,he's even older than thought). That makes him 52 years old or so. To further heighten his desire to stir things up, he does not respond in the actual thread, but starts his own just for his own response.

Proving once again that at no age can you fix stupid.

I predict his next post will be on "SLU should join the Valley" or"does anybody know why Blake Ahern didn't play for us."

One has to love Fan59's "passion" ---- in his first ever post, he comes on stating Jett and McCall have grade problems and are likely either gone or in trouble. Now hecomes back and raises the issue of playing Missouri State again.

Let's say his handle implies he's been a fan since the day he was born (if not,he's even older than thought). That makes him 52 years old or so. To further heighten his desire to stir things up, he does not respond in the actual thread, but starts his own just for his own response.

Proving once again that at no age can you fix stupid.

I predict his next post will be on "SLU should join the Valley" or"does anybody know why Blake Ahern didn't play for us."

You sure about your math here, TajMahal79? I'm figuring by his moniker he's got to be anywhere between 61 (assumes he became a fan at about 8 yrs old) and 74 years of age (assumes he was 21 and a '59 grad). He's kind of feisty for an old codger, don't ya think?

If he really is a fan since 1959 then he is in that group of oldsters who still pine for the old MVC and have not been able to realize that times have changed not just recently but 30 years ago. The only people I talk to who think we should be playing in the MVC are old guys - even older than me - my point is they have no clue as to what is happening - I even have stopped trying to explain it to them because when I do they just keep saying - yea but when we use to play OK AM that was a great time. Also, if this guy is as old as he probably would leave you to believe then has no inside info about anybody on the team so forget about him. Every real fan by the way knows the SWMS story so that alone proves he is an idiot.

I'm not defending '59, just expanding on what cheese says to benefit you younguns on how much times have changed. The MVC of the early 60's was nothing but great hoops. SLU always finished in the middle of the pack with good teams and great support at Kiel. Cincy won the national championship. Bradley, Drake& Witchita were always tough. I remember a game when the Wheat Shockers came in and EVERYONE in the pregame layup line dunked. Our fans were google-eyed at that. The only patsy was poor little North Texas State. The MVC is just a shadow of it's former self today.

I'm not defending '59, just expanding on what cheese says to benefit you younguns on how much times have changed. The MVC of the early 60's was nothing but great hoops. SLU always finished in the middle of the pack with good teams and great support at Kiel. Cincy won the national championship. Bradley, Drake& Witchita were always tough. I remember a game when the Wheat Shockers came in and EVERYONE in the pregame layup line dunked. Our fans were google-eyed at that. The only patsy was poor little North Texas State. The MVC is just a shadow of it's former self today.

Yeah, bob, that Wes Unseld was no joke, was he ?

When I got to SLU in '69 the MVC was great. The Bills had been down and it was Bob Polk's first year. By the way, Polk's an underrated coach at SLU, right Tarheel and WP JIm. We were playing in the old arena and it was soooo empty, maybe 4 or 5k for most games, but looked a lot less since the friggin place was so big. When we moved back to the Kiel, I believe it was 71, was when the Polk's Bills shone and shared the title w/ Memphis and UL. Of course, we got into a playoff and lost to UL. Back then the teams in the old MVC could play with anyone, save for UCLA. But that was then and this is now. And now has never looked brighter with RM and our current team. I wish I could have been there during Spoon's first 2-4 years and seen +17k fans at Savvis/Scott. But you guys who live in ST. Louis are really lucky to have the Fetz. That's the real deal for a home court advantage. The place is a gem. Can't wait for the fall to get me some NY Giants football and Billiken hoops.

When I got to SLU in '69 the MVC was great. The Bills had been down and it was Bob Polk's first year. By the way, Polk's an underrated coach at SLU, right Tarheel and WP JIm. We were playing in the old arena and it was soooo empty, maybe 4 or 5k for most games, but looked a lot less since the friggin place was so big. When we moved back to the Kiel, I believe it was 71, was when the Polk's Bills shone and shared the title w/ Memphis and UL. Of course, we got into a playoff and lost to UL. Back then the teams in the old MVC could play with anyone, save for UCLA. But that was then and this is now. And now has never looked brighter with RM and our current team. I wish I could have been there during Spoon's first 2-4 years and seen +17k fans at Savvis/Scott. But you guys who live in ST. Louis are really lucky to have the Fetz. That's the real deal for a home court advantage. The place is a gem. Can't wait for the fall to get me some NY Giants football and Billiken hoops.

Former Vandy coach Polk did a nice job for us after Joe B. Hall pulled the old "Now you see him, now you don't" routine on us.

@larry72 --- I'm being kind. I'm giving 59 the benefit of the doubt and aging him at year of birth. If he graduated in 59, he's 74.

I'm sure the Valley was great, who wasn't at one time or another. I remember some great games with Valley teams in my time--- Indiana State with Larry Bird, Bradley with Hersey Hawkins and Jim Les. Even some old MCC games with Loyola with Carl Goldsten, Alfrederick Hughes and Andre Moore. Oral Roberts with the Acres family. Evansville with Marty Simmons and for a very long time we couldn't get by Xavier. Let's remmeber that 59 didn't say anything about the Valley, I made it up. The point is four posts and two are sh*t storm starters and two are defensive retorts to comebacks.

Yeah ==== if this guy is a fan,he sure knows how to wipe his feet all over the welcome mat. He;s like Metz version 1.0,, Vtime and joey flugel.

• 1 month later...

All, I can vouch for 59. hes a very knowledgeable and very committed fan. Hes been going to games here and away since I can remember. He used to be a boarder, then left ( reason unknown) and has recently started posting again... maybe he didnt know the story of MoS... but Holy Cow, everyone was really quick to jump down his throat. Maybe lets focus on the most important part here, Hes a billiken supporter. And all of you insulting his intelligence... well... thats completely unfounded and believe you me, hes probably got you beat. sorry, but true.