How to Play and Beat Memphis

slcute

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

fuoking diesel dick, that's what. maji stays in a hotel for a reason: he DESTROYS his sheets every time he lays with a lady. looks like somebody went yogurt painting with a power washer in there. that sh!t adds up unless you've got some poor maid lugging that linen warzone out the door every morning.

Classic jimbo!

penny hardaway has a degree? in what?

next you will be telling us chris massey is teaching physics at memphis.

I think it's pharmacutical physics. It covers subjects such as how much weed to swallow per 30 seconds after you first see the flashing lights and how much to cut your heroin depending on the population density of a particular area

massie is still calipari's greatest academic achiever of all time. passed nearly 40 credit hours in one semester in order to be eligible for the spring semester his senior season. i am pretty sure he was later named a rhodes scholar and that is where he got his doctorate in physics. the way i heard it, calipari helped him with his homework every night going through flash cards and figure counting exercises till all hours of the night. what a story.

of course the amazing improvement of derrick rose's ACT score is a close second in memphis academic history. just the fact derrrick was offered a scholarship by calipari inspired derrick to improve his ACT from a 6 to a 36. he even had to endure having to commute to a charleston, west virginia testing site as all the chicago sites were already full. he drove non stop the 12 hours from chicago to charleston with his blind grandmother and stayed awake working calculus problems verbally with her. when he arrived in charleston apparently he was so worn out, many folks at the test site said he didnt even look the same. he was so pale and white skinned from no sleep and drinking "5 hour energy" and eating corn curls all night. god love him.

memphis is just a school of amazing stories of basketball players overcoming all the odds. i am so glad to be playing them.

But Roy, Memphis has a higher APR than SLU, so they must be better academically, right? Surely the APR has no holes and is an absolute measure of the academic prowess of every team. Kansas, for example, has the highest APR in this year's field. I have no reason to believe that Kansas does not have a roster full of the most outstanding student-athletes in the field.

I dont know if he has a degree but I always really liked Penny Hardaway. He was all types of exciting when healthy. Plus I enjoyed the Lil'Penny commercials.

I never liked any other Memphis player or team.

As a Rams fan, I would like to thank UofMemphis for Issac Bruce.

Positives in Memphis

-Penny Hardaway

-Bruce

-Memphis in May

Negatives

-Everything else

massie is still calipari's greatest academic achiever of all time. passed nearly 40 credit hours in one semester in order to be eligible for the spring semester his senior season. i am pretty sure he was later named a rhodes scholar and that is where he got his doctorate in physics. the way i heard it, calipari helped him with his homework every night going through flash cards and figure counting exercises till all hours of the night. what a story.

of course the amazing improvement of derrick rose's ACT score is a close second in memphis academic history. just the fact derrrick was offered a scholarship by calipari inspired derrick to improve his ACT from a 6 to a 36. he even had to endure having to commute to a charleston, west virginia testing site as all the chicago sites were already full. he drove non stop the 12 hours from chicago to charleston with his blind grandmother and stayed awake working calculus problems verbally with her. when he arrived in charleston apparently he was so worn out, many folks at the test site said he didnt even look the same. he was so pale and white skinned from no sleep and drinking "5 hour energy" and eating corn curls all night. god love him.

memphis is just a school of amazing stories of basketball players overcoming all the odds. i am so glad to be playing them.

Roy, if you keep eating lunches this late in the afternoon, you're going to spoil your gotdamn dinner.

HATE HATE HATE

thanks for that academic update. i just hope for penny's own sanity, getting that all elusive degree in professional studies (whatever that is) wasnt as taxing as that chris massie effort to get back on track academically. but it must not have been if it enabled him to be the big time donor to the school like he has apparently become. that is great. he must have a really good job now.

i guess penny might have earned all that extra cash with the money from his acting career. blue chips still holds the record for most oscars. i would assume penny put his best supporting actor oscar in that hall of fame he built for all to enjoy.

thanks for that academic update. i just hope for penny's own sanity, getting that all elusive degree in professional studies (whatever that is) wasnt as taxing as that chris massie effort to get back on track academically. but it must not have been if it enabled him to be the big time donor to the school like he has apparently become. that is great. he must have a really good job now.

again, John Calipari and the issues that come with him have gone North to Kentucky...and there is nothing wrong with making a lot of money in the NBA...i'm proud of penny...he did well, earned his degree, and gave back to the school.

pastner started out as a combination church boy/aau coach at one of the most corrupt aau programs in history from houston. left there to be an assistant with an emphasis on recruiting with the arizona wildcats where they always graduated all their players and sent them on to oxford and cambridge. from there he did one year learning from the master of slick himself, calipari. yeah, he is as clean as a button. good for you. i still hate memphis like no tomorrow. here's hoping we kick the crap out of you next week.

When playing SLU, watch out for #2 Dickey, the best player in the nation by far. Shooting 106% from 3 on the season.

#23 Cassity is also a future NBA superstar.

#3 Mitchell, #11 McCall, #24 Ellis, and #51 Loe can be left wide open from 3 with no worries.

pastner started out as a combination church boy/aau coach at one of the most corrupt aau programs in history from houston. left there to be an assistant with an emphasis on recruiting with the arizona wildcats where they always graduated all their players and sent them on to oxford and cambridge. from there he did one year learning from the master of slick himself, calipari. yeah, he is as clean as a button. good for you. i still hate memphis like no tomorrow. here's hoping we kick the crap out of you next week.

Josh spent a decade at Arizona as a player/coach under Lute Olson (781 wins, National Champions)...he earned his degree in 2 and a half years...then he went on to finish his Masters in Education...he spent one season under Calipari, making the Sweet 16 with Tyreke Evans...Josh is a Lute guy.

Roy, when Pastner was involved with AAU, it was as a high school kid helping his dad. He then went to Arizona and begged Lute Olson to let him walk on with the goal of becoming a coach someday, and Olson said yes. He graduated early and was an assistant there through 2008, after which he served under Cal for one year before taking over at Memphis. The fact that he served under Cal for a year isn't a positive in my eyes, nor is the fact that Memphis inexplicably has a higher APR than SLU (the system is a joke, to be sure), but he doesn't have any real dirt on him at this point.

Also, it's hard to knock Penny Hardaway. He left early to go pro and still went back and got his degree and made a huge, huge donation to the school. Nothing but positives in that situation.

Roy, when Pastner was involved with AAU, it was as a high school kid helping his dad. He then went to Arizona and begged Lute Olson to let him walk on with the goal of becoming a coach someday, and Olson said yes. He graduated early and was an assistant there through 2008, after which he served under Cal for one year before taking over at Memphis. The fact that he served under Cal for a year isn't a positive in my eyes, nor is the fact that Memphis inexplicably has a higher APR than SLU (the system is a joke, to be sure), but he doesn't have any real dirt on him at this point. Also, it's hard to knock Penny Hardaway. He left early to go pro and still went back and got his degree and made a huge, huge donation to the school. Nothing but positives in that situation.

ok, you've convinced me. memphis is now the midwest branch of stanford.

ok, you've convinced me. memphis is now the midwest branch of stanford.

Not what I'm saying at all. Just that Pastner is too young to have accumulated much dirt. He's still more experienced at his age than any other coach I know of - he's got an incredible resume for a young 30-something coach - but doesn't have any violations. I'm not saying Memphis is academically as strong as its APR indicates or that the program has a history of being squeaky clean. Far from it. I'm just saying that we should be fair.

We are talking about memphis. History says sparkly clean isn't in the chips. It would be different where I might give the benefit of the doubt had pastner and staff come in completely new with no prior ties. Instead he is an ex asst to the program on the team that ultimately had to forfeit all their games. But if you are sure he was completely frozen out of all that, I'll believe you. Knowing the memphis boosters he was more likely hired because he learned well. And I ain't talking about how to break the press or jump switch on a backcourt screen.

We are talking about memphis. History says sparkly clean isn't in the chips. It would be different where I might give the benefit of the doubt had pastner and staff come in completely new with no prior ties. Instead he is an ex asst to the program on the team that ultimately had to forfeit all their games. But if you are sure he was completely frozen out of all that, I'll believe you. Knowing the memphis boosters he was more likely hired because he learned well. And I ain't talking about how to break the press or jump switch on a backcourt screen.

Cal was in Memphis 9 seasons and had to vacate 1...we still have 2 Elite Eights and a Sweet 16 on the books from those years...and Josh was hired because he can recruit like a madman...he's a recruiting machine...and a pretty good coach too.