How to Play and Beat Memphis

slcute

STL will not be the first team to use the shot clock and a zone-D to try and slow this team...we've seen everything from a basic 2-3 to Tim Floyds triangle-and-two...that's nothing new for Memphis.

i find it amazing how little people know about Memphis outside of "hey, wasn't Calipari their coach?"

speaking of knowing so little ... there is little chance we'll play a zone d.

I think it'll be a good game

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

speaking of knowing so little ... there is little chance we'll play a zone d.

I think it'll be a good game

uh, that's how Larry Eustachy did it...so judging by the first post that's what STL will want to do.

any time USM got in trouble...break out the zone...use shot clock.

uh, that's how Larry Eustachy did it...so judging by the first post that's what STL will want to do.

Except, we almost never, ever use zone. Majerus always goes with a man-to-man defense. Some on this board even lament the lack of any zones implemented on the defensive end. However, we will utilize the shot clock on offense. We have done that all season, so no real change against Memphis.

SLU will be playing zone most of the game. Hope your team can handle it. I've heard many experts say that our zone, thanks to the genius of Majerus, is every bit as good as Syracuse's. We're undefeated in games so far this season when we've played zone.

Except, we almost never, ever use zone. Majerus always goes with a man-to-man defense. Some on this board even lament the lack of any zones implemented on the defensive end. However, we will utilize the shot clock on offense. We have done that all season, so no real change against Memphis.

why are you lying to them? you know majerus will throw out 4 or 5 different defensive looks against memphis. Heck, he might throw out 4 or 5 in the first half, invent four new looks at halftime and throw those out against Memphis in the 2nd half.

Unfortunately not. If jimbo is around, i'll try to pound drinks with him.

yurp. i'll try to get some SLUTs and SLUDs (SLU twats and SLU dicks) together to watch the game somewhere. pretty primetime game time for us, that's for sure.

Just talked to Majerus. He says the game is too tough on paper and he's given up. He said we can't run with them and he spent the entire season setting up a zone just for this game but they guessed it right. Said he's completely intimidated by Pastner.

Just talked to Majerus. He says the game is too tough on paper and he's given up. He said we can't run with them and he spent the entire season setting up a zone just for this game but they guessed it right. Said he's completely intimidated by Pastner.

that Josh is one scary character...

Posted Image

if that guy doesn't scare you...no one will!

this is another thing...statistics are easily quantifiable and a good measure of a team...they aren't perfect...but they give you a baseline reading about the other team.

and for every Quinn Snyder, Mike Brey, Brian Gregory there is a Brad Stevens, Steve Prohm, or Josh Pastner

Pastner and Prohm have won a combines total of one NCAA tournament game. Don't put them in the same category as Stevens.

I didn't know the way to go was to check what Eustachy did and follow suit. Seems like a good plan though

I didn't know the way to go was to check what Eustachy did and follow suit. Seems like a good plan though

first poster in the thread seems to think so...

i like this game...i believe Memphis has been in 3 different conferences with STL...Metro, Great Midwest, and Conference USA (may be 1 more i can't think of)

this should be fun.

first poster in the thread seems to think so...

i like this game...i believe Memphis has been in 3 different conferences with STL...Metro, Great Midwest, and Conference USA (may be 1 more i can't think of)

this should be fun.

also the Missouri Valley Conference

yeah, i think that's Josh's "bat phone" for talking to and texting recruits.

as a young black dude, i wouldn't play for a white dude named josh rocking even a blackberry. iphone or go home. that being said, majerus still sends handwritten letters through the gotdamn mail, so i'll stuff my pot/kettle argument. i'm guessing majerus is still wowee zowee over his snake phone.

Posted Image

as a young black dude, i wouldn't play for a white dude named josh rocking even a blackberry. iphone or go home. that being said, majerus still sends handwritten letters through the gotdamn mail, so i'll stuff my pot/kettle argument. i'm guessing majerus is still wowee zowee over his snake phone.

well, all i'll say is it's not an issue for Josh at Memphis...i'll give you an example...here's the STL team seeing their seeding:

Posted Image

This is Memphis: (as you can see...we were expecting a 6/7)

Posted Image

Posted Image

i'll see your alleged indifference and raise you a "you should have had your selection party somewhere other than the library where I CHING'S didn't have to rely on subtitles to know what the hell was going on."

judging by his face, dude obviously struggles w/ X's and O's, not to mention the rest of the ABCs...