How to Play and Beat Memphis

slcute

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's pretty much accurate Memphis fan! Sorry our fans weren't more hospitable. We haven't been to the tourney in a long, long time and some of us are getting a little excited.

Not hospitable?

What are you talking about.

THis is a SLU board, obviously people will be taking shots at memphis.

No post have been personal attacks or over the line, just good natured back and forth.

What do you want us to do? Kiss the opponents ass and talk about how much better they are? If we did that it wouldnt be much fun for either side.

I would be willing to bet that UofMemphis would disagree with your assessment and unlike you he actually has a horse in this race.

You seem like someone who is a leading casue in the wussification of America. You know, the people who scream about being PC and complain about being offended by every little thing, even though they arent actually offended but are worried someone else might be. These are the same people who cant take a joke, and in my experince dont know how to have any fun.

You seem like someone who is a leading casue in the wussification of America. You know, the people who scream about being PC and complain about being offended by every little thing, even though they arent actually offended but are worried someone else might be. These are the same people who cant take a joke, and in my experince dont know how to have any fun.

BINGO.

All this time I assumed mostatebearswhatevs was a broad. I remember multiple 'can I blow you conky?' posts... I still don't get it.

OK, you win. Memphis is as nice as East St Louis.

I bet if there was an East St. Louis State, they could get ranked by US News in the mid-200s too.

Its funny people talking bad about memphis, East St Louis is a cool place.

Let me help you with this, since Memphis doesn't have stringent ACT requirements.

East St. Louis: St. Louis as West Memphis: Memphis.

Its funny people talking bad about memphis, East St Louis is a cool place.

Memphis is just like any large city. Generally there are area's of the city that you know that you have no need to go. I lived in Memphis for 10 years and only had 1 thing happen (house break in). That can, and does, happen anywhere. I know not to go in Orange Mound at night. To the root of the "safety" issue though, I have never felt unsafe walking around in Memphis at night.

Memphis is just like any large city. Generally there are area's of the city that you know that you have no need to go. I lived in Memphis for 10 years and only had 1 thing happen (house break in). That can, and does, happen anywhere. I know not to go in Orange Mound at night. To the root of the "safety" issue though, I have never felt unsafe walking around in Memphis at night.

Granted, it was a holiday weekend probably ten years ago but I've never been more agressively panhandled than in Memphis. From the Peabody to Beale Street I had my own private little stalker......

Saint Louis is pretty safe downtown and in most parts of the city. There are some hot spots but I've worked in the city for nearly twenty years and never had a single issue.

Granted, it was a holiday weekend probably ten years ago but I've never been more agressively panhandled than in Memphis. From the Peabody to Beale Street I had my own private little stalker......

Saint Louis is pretty safe downtown and in most parts of the city. There are some hot spots but I've worked in the city for nearly twenty years and never had a single issue.

Oh I love downtown STL. My wife and I, when we first were married, talked about moving and starting life somewhere else. We talked about either Nashville, St. Louis, or San Diego (a stretch). Had she not become pretty ill shortly thereafter we likely would have moved. May still do it some day. But we loooove St. Louis...and Missouri for that matter. Spent some time in Joplin back in July (I know, other side of the state) but I now have a special place in my heart for that city.

I've lived in Memphis for 30 years and I've never been mugged or had anything broken into. I have been to St Louis probably 6 times over the years for baseball games and I have my car broken into there once while staying at the Hyatt Regency (formerly the Adams Mark.)

I've lived in Memphis for 30 years and I've never been mugged or had anything broken into. I have been to St Louis probably 6 times over the years for baseball games and I have my car broken into there once while staying at the Hyatt Regency (formerly the Adams Mark.)

Where in Memphis do you live? I'm sure that's a big part of it. Memphis is maybe the only major city in America more clearly segregated than St. Louis. I can't help but be struck by it every time I'm there.

Can we safely say neither of our cities can point fingers about silly things like this? We both have our issues, and a lot of the same ones.

I'm guessing you have a nicer ride than I and may have left something interesting in view. Sad that that would make a difference......

From ESPN's STATS AND STUFF

"

• Collision course: Memphis' 18.5-pt average in transition is tied for fourth in the nation; Saint Louis allows seven points in transition, fourth-fewest in the nation"

Where in Memphis do you live? I'm sure that's a big part of it. Memphis is maybe the only major city in America more clearly segregated than St. Louis. I can't help but be struck by it every time I'm there.

Can we safely say neither of our cities can point fingers about silly things like this? We both have our issues, and a lot of the same ones.

The funny thing is that the guys causing these issues were previously Memphis basketball stars.