How to Play and Beat Memphis

slcute

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

first poster in the thread seems to think so...

i like this game...i believe Memphis has been in 3 different conferences with STL...Metro, Great Midwest, and Conference USA (may be 1 more i can't think of)

this should be fun.

There you go then ... any time you get the stars aligned just right and Eustachy and the first poster in a thread agree, you have no choice but to follow suit. Zone it is.

well, all i'll say is it's not an issue for Josh at Memphis...i'll give you an example...here's the STL team seeing their seeding:

Posted Image

This is Memphis: (as you can see...we were expecting a 6/7)

Posted Image

This is exactly why we are going to spray Memphis brains all over the court on Friday.

first poster in the thread seems to think so...

i like this game...i believe Memphis has been in 3 different conferences with STL...Metro, Great Midwest, and Conference USA (may be 1 more i can't think of)

this should be fun.

Agree, should be fun. We both got a bad draw in the first round. Memphis will be favored slightly but they should be playing a team they will rightfully dominate. The committee gave you guys the shaft. Majerus is 10-1 in the first round of the NCAA. The Billikens are much more athletic 1-3 than is popularly known. Mitchell, McCall and Jett are very quick and skilled but only Jett brings size. Our 7' center should present problems for you ... if we could get him to go underneath and post. He likes to hang out on the 3 point line and fire them up (which he is actually quite good at). It should be interesting. BTW, as you might have guessed, we be in man the entire game.

Ok enough joking around. These Memphis fans deserve to know the truth. It doesn't do fans any good to lie about our teams.

We play a tough 2-3 zone about 80% of the time. The anchor of the zone is the man in the middle, a 6'9 junior center named Willie Reed. He's an athletic freak and while not overly skilled, he's a very hard worker on and off the court. He could have gone pro last year but he decided to come back and finish his education.

Ok enough joking around. These Memphis fans deserve to know the truth. It doesn't do fans any good to lie about our teams.

We play a tough 2-3 zone about 80% of the time. The anchor of the zone is the man in the middle, a 6'9 junior center named Willie Reed. He's an athletic freak and while not overly skilled, he's a very hard worker on and off the court. He could have gone pro last year but he decided to come back and finish his education.

Don't forget senior Matt Dickey. I do not believe he will be denied.........

well, all i'll say is it's not an issue for Josh at Memphis...i'll give you an example...here's the STL team seeing their seeding:

Posted Image

This is Memphis: (as you can see...we were expecting a 6/7)

Posted Image

How telling is this picture?

Team A) Wearing the same uniforms, gripping each other like brothers, estactic at the oppurtunity to play more basketball with their best friends.

Team B) Just woke up, pissed they have to be at this thing. Not talking to each other. Each on their cell phones. Pissed that they didn't get a higher see than what was promised when they were recruited.

How telling is this picture?

Team A) Wearing the same uniforms, gripping each other like brothers, estactic at the oppurtunity to play more basketball with their best friends.

Team B) Just woke up, pissed they have to be at this thing. Not talking to each other. Each on their cell phones. Pissed that they didn't get a higher see than what was promised when they were recruited.

It looks like the guy in the middle of Team A is grabbing his buddy in the junk.

with Memphis I would expect a line up of:

Joe Jackson - PG

Will Barton - G

Chris Crawford - G

Wesley Witherspoon - F

Tarik Black - C

------------------

Antonio Barton - PG

Adonis Thomas - G

Ferrakohn Hall - F

DJ Stephens - G/F

expect Memphis to go man-to-man and press/trap a lot.

Joe Jackson - PG

Will Barton - G

Chris Crawford - G

Wesley Witherspoon - F

Tarik Black - C

------------------

Antonio Barton - PG

Adonis Thomas - G

Ferrakohn Hall - F

DJ Stephens - G/F

It'll be interesting to see how SLU responds to ball pressure with real zebras as opposed to the A10 variety.

man i too love me some Cings...mmmmmmmmm good

http://www.urbanspoo...t-Wings-Memphis

as for the rest...the Memphis players that don't go to the NBA, graduate...that's something we're proud of.

I must say that gus's is the best fried chicken, even better than goody goody diner here in stl

Joe Jackson - PG

Will Barton - G

Chris Crawford - G

Wesley Witherspoon - F

Tarik Black - C

------------------

Antonio Barton - PG

Adonis Thomas - G

Ferrakohn Hall - F

DJ Stephens - G/F

Sound like they arent very athletic

SLU starting lineup

Brett Thompson - C

Willie Reed - PF

Jon Smith - SF

Jeff Reid - SG

Ruben Cotto - PG