SLU a lock?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For all the posters knocking us doubting Thomases remember this is Billiken basketball we're talking about here. We've been so conditioned to falling on our own swords for the past 20 years or so, it's kind of hard to think the light at the end of the tunnel is anything but just another mf*&%ing fast moving big locomotive coming right at us. Yeah, I'm scared of the LaSalle game because since we've been in the A-10 we've sucked pretty bad in Boardwalk games. But it's a new age, so let's hope all this angst is erased on Friday night.

Northwestern is no good.

It's amazing to think that the entire state of Illinois will not have a single school participating in the NCAA Tournament. We all know Northwestern is one of 5 programs NEVER to have seen their name called on Selection Sunday, so if history is any indication, the Cats will not be in the field of 68.

Jim Molinari's charges at Western Illinois squandered a terrific opportunity in Sioux Falls the other night to be the lone Land of Lincoln representative.

It's amazing to think that the entire state of Illinois will not have a single school participating in the NCAA Tournament. We all know Northwestern is one of 5 programs NEVER to have seen their name called on Selection Sunday, so if history is any indication, the Cats will not be in the field of 68.

Jim Molinari's charges at Western Illinois squandered a terrific opportunity in Sioux Falls the other night to be the lone Land of Lincoln representative.

That can't be. Earlier this season, vtime insider told us that SLU couldn't hang with the Illini.

I think the analysts say every year the bubble gets worse. At some point, it has to end, right?

Does the bubble actually get worse or is it more parity between mid-level BCS teams and non-BCS teams, which creates more mid-level BCS teams with so-so records?

Does the bubble actually get worse or is it more parity between mid-level BCS teams and non-BCS teams, which creates more mid-level BCS teams with so-so records?

Well, since most of those guys don't know that there are teams outside the BCS, I'd have to say it's journalistic laziness.

http://www.unf.edu/~jcoleman/dance.htm

99.38% to make it on Dance Card.

Follow the link and look at its numbers. I don't like the "dance card". The only teams that merit 100.00% are the autos.

Lol. I'm pretty sure Syracuse/Kentucky have done enough to 'merit inclusion' in this year's tournament.

I didn't say 'merit inclusion'; I said 'merit 100.00%', which the "dance card" assigns to uncertain events, exposing its precision to criticism. (I've edited my comment to add the italicized sentence).

24 and 6. 2nd place finish in a good A10 conference this year. Good wins along the way. Yes, we are a lock.

Controversy, though, is what draws interest and attention. Controversy increases ratings. Also, some of these national "experts" are bought and paid for by the BCS conference. In short, they are not necessarily trying to cut down SLU and keep them from the Tourney but are trying to ensure that our 3rd and 4th place teams from the A10 are not even in the discussion for an NCAA spot which undoubtedly ;) belongs to the double digit loss teams from the BCS conferences. In short, if the second best team of the A10 is a #11 seed, then the A10 gets only 2 teams. If that is the case, and if the A10 is the best non-BCS conference, then all of the lower ranked conferences get only 1 team (unless conference upset happen and ... ) All of this prediction talk is nothing more than a hatchet job to the non-BCS schools by these "national experts" who drink the BCS flavored Kool-Aid and who are bought and paid for by the BCS schools.

The trouble, of course, is that the non-BCS schools are let into to the Tourney, and once there, these kids from the non-BCS schools bring with them the chips on their shoulders they have been carrying around since getting snubbed by the BCS schools, they can't wait to finally play the BCS or "name" schools and they actually believe they can beat the BCS schools. Then, when BCS school falls to the non-BCS school, these national experts, after being intoxicated with all the Kool-Aide they've been sucking down all year, gush about what a "huge upset" just happened (a Cinderella moment) which is often just another insult to these disrespected shools and kids in that a good portion of the NCAA Tourney "upsets" are really not upsets at all.