Conklin about to set record for most game played

I am suprised that Timmerman or someone else has not mentioned this yet. Perhaps they have and I missed it. According to my math, Conk is about to set a new record for games played as a Billiken.

Top 5 games played:

1. 129 Anthony Bonner

1. 129 Roland Gray

1. 129 Brian Conklin

4. 128 Monroe Douglass

4. 128 Chris Heinrich

6. 127 Kyle Cassity

7. 126 Matt Baniak

8. 125 Tommie Liddell

Other happenings in the SLU record books.

All time points scored:

15. 1,269 Jim Irving

16. 1,261 Kwamain Mitchell

17. 1,187 Carl Johnson

18. 1,170 Jim McLaughlin

19. 1,128 Bob Ferry

20. 1,116 Jack Mimlitz

21. 1,107 Virgel Cobbin

22. 1,106 Brian Conklin

All time 3pts made:

1. 295 Erwin Claggett

2. 259 Kevin Lisch

3. 230 Scott Highmark

4. 217 Virgel Cobbin

5. 161 Kwamain Mitchell

6. 142 Anthony Drejaj

7. 139 Jeff Luechtefeld

8. 131 H Waldman

9. 129 Cody Ellis

All time assists:

7. 347 Erwin Claggett

8. 343 Marque Perry

9. 325 Kevin Lisch

9. 325 Kwamain Mitchell

11. 320 Kyle Cassity

All time steals:

5. 133 Kevin Lisch

6. 132 LaTodd Johnson

6. 132 Jamall Walker

8. 129 Kwamain Mitchell

3pts made as a Junior

1. 87 Claggett

2. 69 Highmark

3. 66 Reggie Bryant

4. 64 Cody Ellis

5. 63 Lisch

6. 58 Waldman

7. 56 Cobbin

8. 53 Kwamain Mitchell

Don't forget the Sophomore Steals leader board...

1. 59 LaTodd Johnson 80-81

2. 50 Kwamain Mitchell 09-10

3. 49 Darryl Lenard 83-84

4. 46 Josh Fisher 01-02

5. 45 Erwin Claggett 92-93

6. 44 Orlando Stewart 90-91

7. 43 Corey Frazier 95-96

8. 38 Mike McCall 11-12

9. 37 Anthony Drejaj 03-04

10. 35 John Redden 97-98

11. 32 Jordair Jett 11-12

11. 32 Anthony Bonner 87-88

Only Mitchell I think will have a shot at Conk's record. My bet is Conk is so high due to the CBI. That was 5 bonus games many Billikens don't get.

Mitchell and Remekun are both at 96 games right now. Or 33 behind Conklin. I think it is probably realistic to assume that barring injury both will tie or pass Conk next year.

Only Mitchell I think will have a shot at Conk's record. My bet is Conk is so high due to the CBI. That was 5 bonus games many Billikens don't get.

Forgot about the cbi, but the sophs may end up at the top because they may play 5-6 A-10 tourney & 3-5 ncaa tourney games that Brian did not.

Also, if some freshman stud comes along and plays all his games even with just one and dones in the A-10 tournament that is 124 games (31 per season times 4). Therefore a sustained run of years in the postseason for the Bills would probably give said freshman the record. I am hopeful that this scenario comes to pass because it would mean the Bills are getting a freshman good enough to play right away and having success year after year.

Reading about individual records got me looking at our team's numbers from this year. The most interesting individual stat I found is that KC is currently tied with Kendall Marshall, UNC's stud PG, as national leader in A/T ratio (3.6). http://statsheet.com/mcb/players/stats/assist_turnover_ratio?season=2011-2012

This is perhaps another Billiken record ready to be broken, although I don't have anything to actually back that up.

If you look further up the list, Kwamain has a pretty good chance to be top 10 all time in scoring, first in assists, first in steals, and first in games played. It would be cool to see him atop all those records after everything he's been through.

If you look further up the list, Kwamain has a pretty good chance to be top 10 all time in scoring, first in assists, first in steals, and first in games played. It would be cool to see him atop all those records after everything he's been through.

KM is projected to come in

4th in points dropped

1st in assists dimed

2nd in steals stealed

4th in 3ptrs drilled

1st in games played

2nd in minutes played

1st in trains conducted (official)

pretty badass. you already knew i liked KM.

KM is projected to come in

4th in points dropped

Just a hunch, but I don't think he's finishing 4th in points...

1. 1972 Anthony Bonner

2. 1910 Erwin Claggett

3. 1880 Roland Gray

4. 1877 Monroe Douglass

5. 1703 Scott Highmark

5th is a realistic target given his scoring output this year. He'll need to revert back to his sophomore 16 PPG form to have a shot at passing Douglass and Gray, and even then it's somewhat dependent on how the team does in the postseason. To catch Bonner, he'll need to start averaging 18 PPG from now until the end of next year, not miss any games, and have the team advance a round or two in the A10 and NCAA tournaments each year.

Just a hunch, but I don't think he's finishing 4th in points...

1. 1972 Anthony Bonner

2. 1910 Erwin Claggett

3. 1880 Roland Gray

4. 1877 Monroe Douglass

5. 1703 Scott Highmark

5th is a realistic target given his scoring output this year. He'll need to revert back to his sophomore 16 PPG form to have a shot at passing Douglass and Gray, and even then it's somewhat dependent on how the team does in the postseason. To catch Bonner, he'll need to start averaging 18 PPG from now until the end of next year, not miss any games, and have the team advance a round or two in the A10 and NCAA tournaments each year.

sorry, you're correct. i meant FiF.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4CzocBkrWpA

Sophomore Rebounding

1. Cal Burnett (56-57) 416

2. Jerry Koch (52-53) 405

3. Gary Garrison (61-62) 255

3. Joe Wiley (67-68) 255

5. Harry Rogers (70-71)254

6. Anthony Bonner (87-88) 245

7. Tommie Liddell (06-07) 225

8. Dwayne Evans (11-12) 215

Games Started

9. Dwayne Polk (04-08) 105

10. Chris Sloan (00-04) 101

11. Erwin Claggett (92-95) 98

Brian Conklin (08-12) 98

12. Kwamain Mitchell (08-12) 96

13. Josh Fisher (00-04) 91

13. Ian Voyoukas (03-07) 85

Kyle Cassity (08-12) 85

Games Started

9. Dwayne Polk (04-08) 105

10. Chris Sloan (00-04) 101

11. Erwin Claggett (92-95) 98

Brian Conklin (08-12) 98

12. Kwamain Mitchell (08-12) 96

13. Josh Fisher (00-04) 91

13. Ian Voyoukas (03-07) 85

Kyle Cassity (08-12) 85

I know the media guide says Claggett is 11th with 98 games started, but the Billikens.com stats (which I realize aren't necessarily 100% accurate) has

91-92: 13

92-93: 28

93-94: 29

94-95: 31

(total: 101)

I'm fairly certain Claggett started every game from his sophomore year onward, with the exception of the 1993 game @UAB which he missed to attend his aunt's funeral, so the discrepancy would have to fall in that 91-92 season when he started either 10 (media guide) or 13 (billikens.com) out of 28 games.

If you add all the GS in Steve's table for the 91-92 season, you get 140 (28 x 5)...and every other stat on Claggett's line correlates with this 1995 draft scouting cheat sheet (which unfortunately doesn't include GS) - so we have no reason to think these numbers are incorrect.

Not the most pressing issue in the world (confirming whether Claggett started the same number of games as Chris Sloan, or 3 fewer)...but would be nice to verify that the records are accurate.

Google: Billikens Media Guide

http://issuu.com/slu...11mbbmediaguide

Thanks. I still feel like I shouldn't have to Google SLU's media guide. It should be on the website, as is the case with every other A10 school.

Also, I did find that link but am blocked at work because that site is considered "Online Storage".

Thanks. I still feel like I shouldn't have to Google SLU's media guide. It should be on the website, as is the case with every other A10 school.

Also, I did find that link but am blocked at work because that site is considered "Online Storage".

-i suspect every other school

dude, same deal. i went and navigated the buttfuok zone known as SLU's website, and the best i could do was the media guide from gotdamn

TWOTHOUSANDFUOKING8

fuoking AIDSshow on that website. legitimately TERRIBLE. i had to manually factor kevin lisch's badmofoass (and his triflin' ass sista) into the stats. piss on the SLU AD and piss on trent meacham.

dude, same deal. i went and navigated the buttfuok zone known as SLU's website, and the best i could do was the media guide from gotdamn

TWOTHOUSANDFUOKING8

fuoking AIDSshow on that website. legitimately TERRIBLE. i had to manually factor kevin lisch's badmofoass (and his triflin' ass sista) into the stats. piss on the SLU AD and piss on trent meacham.

Same here. I tried every search possible. Complete joke.

I usually request printed media guides at some Billiken function. They are always willing to give me one. I also have a Billikens record book from the 80s that has extremely in depth statistics & box scores from nearly every game up to that point. I've never been able to get my hands on another one of those though I'm sure someone in the athletic dept produces them.

I know the media guide says Claggett is 11th with 98 games started, but the Billikens.com stats (which I realize aren't necessarily 100% accurate) has

91-92: 13

92-93: 28

93-94: 29

94-95: 31

(total: 101)

I'm fairly certain Claggett started every game from his sophomore year onward, with the exception of the 1993 game @UAB which he missed to attend his aunt's funeral, so the discrepancy would have to fall in that 91-92 season when he started either 10 (media guide) or 13 (billikens.com) out of 28 games.

If you add all the GS in Steve's table for the 91-92 season, you get 140 (28 x 5)...and every other stat on Claggett's line correlates with this 1995 draft scouting cheat sheet (which unfortunately doesn't include GS) - so we have no reason to think these numbers are incorrect.

Not the most pressing issue in the world (confirming whether Claggett started the same number of games as Chris Sloan, or 3 fewer)...but would be nice to verify that the records are accurate.

I saw this too. I can't remember what precipitated putting Claggs in the starting 5. Highmark, Winfield, Dillard, Robinson, Skinner all started at the outset. Robinson left Smith went in, then Skinner left. Grant replaced him till he blew up his knee. Irvin began making starts & we had Dillard playing the 4. Irvin was gone then I guess this put Claggs in the starting lineup. I'd like to see some newspaper stories from this year. I was only 11 or 12 but I remember it being a nightmare. Although looking at the stats now it appears June Jefferies started a couple games, so it must have been even worse than i remembered.