Screw you Rick!!!!

Gary is a fuoking idiot. I guess the facility gave him internet privilages again.

That said, this loss is on Rick. We have zero margin for error now.

If we blow this thing......... I don't want to hear any fuoking excuses about not making the tournament.

If only the Pevely Dairy Memorial Abortionplex was open when Gary's mom was knocked up by her pimp....

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll just repeat what I said when we were accused of having a "mediocre" offense.

PB's definition: mediocre [mee-dee-oh-ker] (adj): enough to get by on.

RM philosophy: rebounds, FTs, 3 pointers, yeah, we need all of those, we'll work on them, but "D" isn't the main thing, its the ONLY thing you really need for a win, with just enough offense to get by on. Trouble is, on those inevitable days when the "D" breaks down, a mediocre "O" can't take up the slack.

Now I"m going out to dinner, a concert, and some medicinal alcohol.

Two things ........................

1) Gary hates Majerus, bank it.

2) Having said that he is right about us having no athletic bigs. And it gets worse next year if we're all banking on the enigmatic Remekun to finally "get it."

I did not have any viewing of the game and had to rely on Game Tracker untilfinally getting the URI feed with four minutes to go. But why not Remekun? Outerbridge seems a Delroy James clone and we allknow what he did to us last year. Holton was also 6'9". Yet Cory got 13 minutes and even so had no fouls. Seems an appropriate match up from here.

Two things ........................

1) Gary hates Majerus, bank it.

2) Having said that he is right about us having no athletic bigs. And it gets worse next year if we're all banking on the enigmatic Remekun to finally "get it."

I did not have any viewing of the game and had to rely on Game Tracker untilfinally getting the URI feed with four minutes to go. But why not Remekun? Outerbridge seems a Delroy James clone and we allknow what he did to us last year. Holton was also 6'9". Yet Cory got 13 minutes and even so had no fouls. Seems an appropriate match up from here.

I think Cory has the ability to do it and it fits in perfectly with the team. That said, having the ability and doing it are two different things. I have been VERY encouraged by Cory's play late this year so I am hopeful, but realistic that Brian's shoes are going to be very difficult to fill. Cory really does have much more natural ability to get to the rim and finished (vertical) relative to Brian, but Brian just works his butt of every second of every game and he has incredible passion and fire when he is out there.

I think Cory has the ability to do it and it fits in perfectly with the team. That said, having the ability and doing it are two different things. I have been VERY encouraged by Cory's play late this year so I am hopeful, but realistic that Brian's shoes are going to be very difficult to fill. Cory really does have much more natural ability to get to the rim and finished (vertical) relative to Brian, but Brian just works his butt of every second of every game and he has incredible passion and fire when he is out there.

He needs to work his butt off boxing out the other team on the defensive boards, he among others were miserable yesterday. One other point, when do we let the other team beat us down the court for fast break baskets? Haven't seen it all year except for yesterday.

He needs to work his butt off boxing out the other team on the defensive boards, he among others were miserable yesterday. One other point, when do we let the other team beat us down the court for fast break baskets? Haven't seen it all year except for yesterday.

Watching the game yesterday, it just seemed like the Bills got extremely complacent after building up an early lead. They realized that they were the better team and just felt like the game would be an easy win. To URI's credit, they never gave up, even when SLU went up by 10 with a few minutes left. From what I saw, SLU just played with no urgency and became content with settling for jumpshot after jumpshot. The lack of defensive rebounding against URI seemed to be a byproduct of a lack of enthusiasm for the game.

It just felt to me that they never thought they were going to lose the game and that they could sleepwalk through it. I expect Majerus will have them refocused Tuesday night against X.

Watching the game yesterday, it just seemed like the Bills got extremely complacent after building up an early lead. They realized that they were the better team and just felt like the game would be an easy win. To URI's credit, they never gave up, even when SLU went up by 10 with a few minutes left. From what I saw, SLU just played with no urgency and became content with settling for jumpshot after jumpshot. The lack of defensive rebounding against URI seemed to be a byproduct of a lack of enthusiasm for the game.

It just felt to me that they never thought they were going to lose the game and that they could sleepwalk through it. I expect Majerus will have them refocused Tuesday night against X.

+1000000. Nail struck firmly on head. Looked to me like we thought we won the game when we got up early and that Rhode Island was just going to quit and let us have our way. IMO the effort was very poor after we went up double digits early. We got beat down the floor on many occasions and the defensive rebounding was terrible. Those are both desire issues not physical issues.

+1000000. Nail struck firmly on head. Looked to me like we thought we won the game when we got up early and that Rhode Island was just going to quit and let us have our way. IMO the effort was very poor after we went up double digits early. We got beat down the floor on many occasions and the defensive rebounding was terrible. Those are both desire issues not physical issues.

It happens to many good teams this time of year. See yesterday's many upsets. It is a long season and when you come up against a weak team there is a tendency to let up a little ...a tendency to play at their level. Plus there is what I call the Cub effect. For instance when the Cubs play the Cards in Sept. the season is usually pretty much over for the Cubs...no post season play. Playing the Cards is the Cubs World Series. They go all out...they leave it all on the field. Same thing with RI. There will be no Dance for RI...there will be no NIT...there will be no CBI....heck there won't even be an A-10 tourney. Nothing. So yesterday's game was their Big Dance. Did you see them hopping and skipping around afterwards. It was like a Final 4 win. Even as badly as we played, we are 1 shot away from winning. If one of those 3's falls, this thread doesn't exist and the trolls disappear.

The numbers show that if we play RI 10 times, we beat them 9. Yesterday was the 10th. If we played them 9 more times, we win. But we won't play them again this season. For RI , it is there moment of glory in a dismal season. For us it is a wake up call to get refocused and take care of business.

Watching the game yesterday, it just seemed like the Bills got extremely complacent after building up an early lead ... SLU just played with no urgency ... a lack of enthusiasm for the game .... I expect Majerus will have them refocused Tuesday night against X.

Yes, and the OP is to help us get Majerus re-focused.

Even as badly as we played, we are 1 shot away from winning. If one of those 3's falls, this thread doesn't exist and the trolls disappear. ... The numbers show that if we play RI 10 times, we beat them 9. Yesterday was the 10th. If we played them 9 more times, we win. But we won't play them again this season. For RI , it is there moment of glory in a dismal season. For us it is a wake up call to get refocused and take care of business.

I suppose. Or: These two teams never played before, and will never play again. We played them once and lost. That's 0%, right?

First time all year that I have really gotten mad about a game. I was so upset with the effort that I was yelling at the TV.

+10 (Copied from another thread; couldn't resist it)

Both URI and SLU deserve what they get from their fans for their game yesterday.

I've said it once and I'll say it again: we should have fired Rick to keep Porter. Coaching talents like Porter don't come along every day.