Rhode Island GDT

Taj79

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry guys you just can't loose to this team-bad loss is an understatement. When you go on the road or even play at home with A10 refs no game is a given. What was the number of fouls called on each team. It wasn't even close.

Sorry guys you just can't loose to this team-bad loss is an understatement. When you go on the road or even play at home with A10 refs no game is a given. What was the number of fouls called on each team. It wasn't even close.

There were some bad calls, but most of the disparity was caused by them attacking the basket and us passing the ball around the perimeter settling for jump shots.

Come on if the game is called the right way Bills win-RI has 15 more FTs and that's not a difference maker. Again they missed many travels on RI drives. Th kid from Georgia (country not state) walked everytime he was in the paint. That really does not make for a level playing field.

I wish everyone would shut up about the refs every single game.

The style of offense we run does not lead to many fouls. A team that shoots a lot from the outside will usually have fewer free throw attempts over the course of a year.

Rhode Island will take a lot of free throws because they are a terrible outside shooting team and do a lot of dribble drive and slashing.

I agree. RI simply attacked the paint more than us. It exposes a huge weakness in our defense. The refs may have given some bad calls, but we were completely out bodied. We got out-rebounded and dominated in the paint.

Next year, without Conklin, I fear this weakness could be worse...

Next year, without Conklin, I fear this weakness could be worse...

Brian worked hard over the summer on his inside game. Why can't the following returning players do the same...Cody, Rob, Cory, and John. They all have the size and it would be nice to have more than one inside option next year that we could count on. Dwayne has shown at times this year that he can be an option. I'd sure like to see us spread it around some next season.

Can't rely on John if he cannot garner a few minutes a game this year how do you expect him to earn minutes next year? I don't see him making a meaningful contribution until his junior year. I believe we should have red shirted him and GG this year. Believe it was a disservice to them they are both projects. That said I am glad the are both Billikens

-with the benefit of hindsight, you might be right, but that is with hindsight

I don't think it is typical to redshirt 3 players in one season without any being for a medical reason. Remember, ET is also redshirting this season. You also have to take into consideration the willingness of a player to redshirt for a season. Another consideration is that RM probably wanted to have a full slate of scholarship players at his disposal this season, so that a short bench would not be a problem. As we saw last seaon with the KM and WR suspensions and Cody's mid-season injury, anything can happen. Best to be preapred and have players ready, especially in a season you figure to be a contender.

I don't think it is typical to redshirt 3 players in one season without any being for a medical reason. Remember, ET is also redshirting this season. You also have to take into consideration the willingness of a player to redshirt for a season. Another consideration is that RM probably wanted to have a full slate of scholarship players at his disposal this season, so that a short bench would not be a problem. As we saw last seaon with the KM and WR suspensions and Cody's mid-season injury, anything can happen. Best to be preapred and have players ready, especially in a season you figure to be a contender.

-i agree, that is why with hindsight their point maybe correct

Rick leaves it up to each individual as to whether they redshirt or not

-and one thing about the broadcast pissed me off, as i am guessing it was an a10 production, was when they showed the ncaa tourney graphic for SLU with lmu as a bad loss, there is no way a true road loss to an rpi top 100 team is a bad loss, at least to me, so here is our own conf putting a bad loss on us? come on

-now we do have the stain of a bad loss, let;s hope that is motivation for the rest of the way

-and how in the heck can jim baron have a 4 game winning streak on us???? that is maddening

-did we leave the game with two unused time outs?

-and one thing about the broadcast pissed me off, as i am guessing it was an a10 production, was when they showed the ncaa tourney graphic for SLU with lmu as a bad loss, there is no way a true road loss to an rpi top 100 team is a bad loss, at least to me, so here is our own conf putting a bad loss on us? come on

-now we do have the stain of a bad loss, let;s hope that is motivation for the rest of the way

-and how in the heck can jim baron have a 4 game winning streak on us???? that is maddening

-did we leave the game with two unused time outs?

LMU lost a home game against San Diego a few days ago, so they ended up going over 100 in RPI again. Currently, they are about 113. When the boradcast occurred, technically LMU could once again be counted as a 'bad loss.'