moytoy12

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

KC actually shoots one and makes it.

78-56 Bills win!!!!

Dwayne was awesome early, JJ great late, and RL and KM were solid all night long. Conk was awol tonight but others stepped up.

Nice game overall for the Bills, a B+ I would say. Rammer was not impressed with the crowd's early energy. Good line from Earl "Yes, another game at the Billiken Cinema". We need to be rowdy on Wednesday.

As far as I could tell from the online feed, the crowd's energy was pathetic all night long.

As far as I could tell from the online feed, the crowd's energy was pathetic all night long.

Crowd energy was good. 9,000+ in the house. Glad BC had a bad game - he'll come out loaded for bear on Wednesday when we really need him! Evans is beginning to play like the Evans of last year. He and BC get going, God help our opponents.

Crowd energy was good. 9,000+ in the house. Glad BC had a bad game - he'll come out loaded for bear on Wednesday when we really need him! Evans is beginning to play like the Evans of last year. He and BC get going, God help our opponents.

It was a hard game to get into at first. GW was shooting so hot in the first half and the battle was see sawing back and forth even though we basically lead most of the time - reminded me of the Dayton game a bit where we would run the score up by 5 or 7 and then let them tie or get within one. It was not the type of game that the crowd can get into - now as soon as the refs started to get brain freezes then all hell broke with the crowd. One of the guys I was with at some point in the second half said - look we are up by 17 how did that happen? Well it happened basically one point at a time - no real big run or outstanding sequence but just a methodical run up - like I said not the kind of game to get the crowd roaring. I was surprised by the crowd - it was very late arriving group but mid way through the first half you looked around and said where did they all come from.

Great crowd last night - 8th largest in Chaifetz Arena history. Was GW another Groupon game?

Was wondering the same thing. If so, we should do it every year for these games over winter break for the students. SLU has nothing to lose and everything to gain by putting butts in seats, even at a reduced ticket price. (For these normally not-as-well-attended games, that is.)

Great crowd last night - 8th largest in Chaifetz Arena history. Was GW another Groupon game?

Maybe. Maybe not. A few adults with dozens each Cub Scouts and a few Junior Saintsations with dozens each Toddlers and Tiaras extended families packed the house and set the stage for full SLUnatics sections for the class of 2022.

Lower ticket prices and start selling out...next year bump them back up. It was a great sight seeing the Fetz full last night.

Also, congrats to Kshoe on DOMINATING the refs last night. I loved how the one ref took his whistle out of his mouth and gave Kshoe the death stare. Job well done buddy.

Also, congrats to Kshoe on DOMINATING the refs last night. I loved how the one ref took his whistle out of his mouth and gave Kshoe the death stare. Job well done buddy.

That happened on the play where the GW player dribbled, picked up his dribble for 4 seconds then dribbled again. It took them a second to figure out he had double dribbled before finally calling it. I simply told him that it would not have taken a good ref 2 seconds (gotta embelish a little) to realize he had double dribbled. The best part was my son had just given me his half eaten twizzler back so I was pointing at the ref with a twizzler in my hand.

p.s. pretty nice coverage from the Post today. 2 front page pictures and a third in the middle of the paper...

That happened on the play where the GW player dribbled, picked up his dribble for 4 seconds then dribbled again. It took them a second to figure out he had double dribbled before finally calling it. I simply told him that it would not have taken a good ref 2 seconds (gotta embelish a little) to realize he had double dribbled. The best part was my son had just given me his half eaten twizzler back so I was pointing at the ref with a twizzler in my hand.

p.s. pretty nice coverage from the Post today. 2 front page pictures and a third in the middle of the paper...

Yes, when was the last time there were 3 Bills pics in the paper on the same day ? Probably not since the Matt Dickey days.

Yeah, but Jordair has a silly look on his face. Chris must have chosen that just to embarrass him. <_<

Yeah, but Jordair has a silly look on his face. Chris must have chosen that just to embarrass him. <_<

Nice sarcasm. Your little paper finally gives us some good cover and now you are going to make fun of people who complain about the lack of coverage? I'm sure if Mizzou would have won we wouldn't have sniffed the front page.

To the poster above, yes, BC played pretty poorly. He forced a few shots, but he also missed some very easy looks that he should have made.

Nice sarcasm. Your little paper finally gives us some good cover and now you are going to make fun of people who complain about the lack of coverage? I'm sure if Mizzou would have won we wouldn't have sniffed the front page.

Uh huh. The sports guys purposely gave the Missouri story only one column because Mizzou lost. Watch out for those black helicopters flying over your house!

Uh huh. The sports guys purposely gave the Missouri story only one column because Mizzou lost. Watch out for those black helicopters flying over your house!

You truthfully think they wouldn't have got more coverage with a win? I'll watch for those helicopters as long as you'll make sure not to eat any shrooms next time you're out testing food.

You truthfully think they wouldn't have got more coverage with a win? I'll watch for those helicopters as long as you'll make sure not to eat any shrooms next time you're out testing food.

Well, no. I know they wouldn't have gotten more coverage. Y'all really don't understand the state of the newspaper business these days. Vahe was in Manhattan, but no photographer. Chris Lee, the best sports photographer in the universe, was shooting our game. Staff trumps wire. (See also: Blues coverage.)

More specifically, however, you're giving a whole lot more credit to the way we lay out the newspaper than happens in reality. There just aren't enough people left for anyone to sit around and scheme about giving Mizzou more space because they're Big 12 or it's tradition or half the staff went to Mizzou. Most of the decisions on layout real estate are generally made by page designers working double shifts who may or may not know who the coaches are at Mizzou, SLU or Harris-Stowe, let alone have any opinion as to who should get more page space. (Another clue as to what went where why. Night game. Note that Willie and the Shoe collective are clearly visible about 1.25 inches above DE's armpit. First half. I would guess that the sports page was essentially laid out before the game was even decided based on whatever brilliance Chris submitted at halftime.)

Did the Mizzou favoritism happen in the past? A lot more, but also a lot less than most SLU fans would assume. And at least some of that might be attributable to the fact that we've, er, sucked for about half a century, whereas Mizzou has actually won fairly regularly.