2012 Schedule

slufan13

Ben W./Derrick N.

@HeardThisBlog Ben W./Derrick N.

Tons of info from this Rick Majerus interview with @ESPNAndyKatz. Says '12 sked will include UCLA, Cuse, Washington, (maybe Butler/Gonz).

I know it's far away and we've heard these rumors before but this is still exciting news.

Ben W./Derrick N.

Tons of info from this Rick Majerus interview with @ESPNAndyKatz. Says '12 sked will include UCLA, Cuse, Washington, (maybe Butler/Gonz).

I know it's far away and we've heard these rumors before but this is still exciting news.

Per a source at the Peoria Journal Star, new Bradley coach Geno Ford says a 4-year home-and-home with Bradley beginning in 2012 is also something to look forward to. Prior to being on the Hilltop, Geno was at Kent State and has a solid relationship with Majerus. I know a lot of people have been wanting to see this rivalry resume, and all signs point to this being a reality next season.

Ben W./Derrick N.

Some of these in the KC tourney I suppose.

Per a source at the Peoria Journal Star, new Bradley coach Geno Ford says a 4-year home-and-home with Bradley beginning in 2012 is also something to look forward to. Prior to being on the Hilltop, Geno was at Kent State and has a solid relationship with Majerus. I know a lot of people have been wanting to see this rivalry resume, and all signs point to this being a reality next season.

I will believe it when HTB says it.

Give it up.

While it may be nice if that's true (not that the Bradley series means much to those of us who can't remember when we were in the same conference), a middle-of-the-Valley opponent isn't nearly as exciting as UCLA, Washington, Syracuse, or even the possibility of Butler or Gonzaga.

HTB > Metz, as always.

Give it up.

While it may be nice if that's true (not that the Bradley series means much to those of us who can't remember when we were in the same conference), a middle-of-the-Valley opponent isn't nearly as exciting as UCLA, Washington, Syracuse, or even the possibility of Butler or Gonzaga.

HTB > Metz, as always.

What? I'm just adding this to the thread. Wow. Do you know where the MVC is headquartered, by the way? Do you know how many BU alums reside in St. Louis and how many SLU alums reside in central Illinois? This makes sense from a number of angles. This game is a good fit for both programs.

What should I give up, pistol? The fact that I don't have a journalism degree yet spent a year working as a sports writer for the Journal Star, which is a very solid daily newspaper serving the great people of Peoria, Tazwell and Woodford counties? How in the world could anyone from SLU manage to write for a newspaper?! Oh my God!

It's pretty nice when you happen to have a mother who works at Bradley and is the editor-in-chief of all BU's alumni publications and has direct access to Coach Ford, AD Michael Cross, SID Bobby Parker, etc., etc. In addition to having a direct line to the Sports Desk at the Journal Star, I can actually give my mom a call to verify. I'd be more than happy to do so, pistol. I mean, if you want me to. I'm sure she'd love to hear from me.

I think he is talking about Jared Drew, who is visiting this weekend along with recruiting target Johnny Woodard.

Coach seems really excited about "Grandy Grady"!!!

-i thought the recruits were in over the weekend just concluded? any word on this? HTB?

-also, Rick has not been 100% accurate in his schedule projections, but if true that would be great (from what i have read UCLA has an incredible incoming class for next season)

-i thought the recruits were in over the weekend just concluded? any word on this? HTB?

-also, Rick has not been 100% accurate in his schedule projections, but if true that would be great (from what i have read UCLA has an incredible incoming class for next season)

Drew will be on his official on the 21st. Woodard will also be in town on the 21st to check out the campus. Zach Lofton may also be in town, but that's yet to be confirmed. Zavier Turner (2013) was in this past weekend.

What? I'm just adding this to the thread. Wow. Do you know where the MVC is headquartered, by the way? Do you know how many BU alums reside in St. Louis and how many SLU alums reside in central Illinois? This makes sense from a number of angles. This game is a good fit for both programs.

What should I give up, pistol? The fact that I don't have a journalism degree yet spent a year working as a sports writer for the Journal Star, which is a very solid daily newspaper serving the great people of Peoria, Tazwell and Woodford counties? How in the world could anyone from SLU manage to write for a newspaper?! Oh my God!

It's pretty nice when you happen to have a mother who works at Bradley and is the editor-in-chief of all BU's alumni publications and has direct access to Coach Ford, AD Michael Cross, SID Bobby Parker, etc., etc. In addition to having a direct line to the Sports Desk at the Journal Star, I can actually give my mom a call to verify. I'd be more than happy to do so, pistol. I mean, if you want me to. I'm sure she'd love to hear from me.

Given your past- completely unjustified- outspoken criticisms of HTB, it appeared to me that you jumped into this thread to share your own scheduling news from a source you consider more legitimate. If that's not the case, then I may have been too harsh, but you could have been more clear, as well. At the very least, without any qualification like "in addition to those games" or "great news, and also we're playing Bradley", your post comes across as a failed attempt at one-upsmanship. Maybe that's just the way I read it, though.

Once again, the Bradley series would be nice but doesn't quite measure up to the scheduling news first delivered to us by HTB. I am aware of where the Valley is headquartered. I am also aware that there are some Bradley alums here and some SLU alums in Peoria (why, though, I can't be sure). I don't know the exact number of each, and I don't care. Reviving this series will be a lot more exciting to alums who graduated long before I did. No disrespect to them, and I'm guessing they'd agree that playing a handful of perennial top 25 programs is a lot more exciting.

Also, I am completely jealous and endlessly impressed that you wrote high school baseball recaps for the PJS. You reached the fine folks of not just one, not just two, but three counties of Central Illinois with thrilling 250 word summaries of what their teenage sons are accomplishing with aluminum bats. And without a journalism degree! Only in America!

Also, I am completely jealous and endlessly impressed with your mom's big-time connections. Seriously, man, that's some top-notch name-dropping there. Bobby Parker, SID! Man, what I wouldn't give for a direct line to pick his brain. Golly, if only my mom were so connected. Direct lines to people who work at the same school! She must have a top-secret online directory of some sort. Whew, I need to go for a walk so I can process that information.

I loved these quotes from Majerus:

"Hopefully we won't suspend our top two players, an all-league guard, and we don't lose players to injury like Ellis"

----

"I was LeBron-ed by the Cavs," Majerus said. "It was four days before the season. I told them I'll drive Alex to Cleveland in March and pay his salary but I couldn't lose him now, not when he was in with three recruits and four days before the season."

----

"I was bleeding like a stuffed pig,"

Given your past- completely unjustified- outspoken criticisms of HTB, it appeared to me that you jumped into this thread to share your own scheduling news from a source you consider more legitimate. If that's not the case, then I may have been too harsh, but you could have been more clear, as well. At the very least, without any qualification like "in addition to those games" or "great news, and also we're playing Bradley", your post comes across as a failed attempt at one-upsmanship. Maybe that's just the way I read it, though.

Once again, the Bradley series would be nice but doesn't quite measure up to the scheduling news first delivered to us by HTB. I am aware of where the Valley is headquartered. I am also aware that there are some Bradley alums here and some SLU alums in Peoria (why, though, I can't be sure). I don't know the exact number of each, and I don't care. Reviving this series will be a lot more exciting to alums who graduated long before I did. No disrespect to them, and I'm guessing they'd agree that playing a handful of perennial top 25 programs is a lot more exciting.

Also, I am completely jealous and endlessly impressed that you wrote high school baseball recaps for the PJS. You reached the fine folks of not just one, not just two, but three counties of Central Illinois with thrilling 250 word summaries of what their teenage sons are accomplishing with aluminum bats. And without a journalism degree! Only in America!

Also, I am completely jealous and endlessly impressed with your mom's big-time connections. Seriously, man, that's some top-notch name-dropping there. Bobby Parker, SID! Man, what I wouldn't give for a direct line to pick his brain. Golly, if only my mom were so connected. Direct lines to people who work at the same school! She must have a top-secret online directory of some sort. Whew, I need to go for a walk so I can process that information.

Real mature way of looking at things. I was simply trying to add value to the thread, but I guess I can't do that in your opinion, which means very little to me. Walks are simply amazing this time of year.

Real mature way of looking at things. I was simply trying to add value to the thread, but I guess I can't do that in your opinion, which means very little to me. Walks are simply amazing this time of year.

Props to you for taking the high road and being the classier person.

Please teach me more about maturity, Bobby Metzinger. Or would I be better off finding those lessons in old threads featuring your 20+ other usernames? I'm sure your Facebook, Twitter, and other social media accounts also feature valuable lessons and examples of maturity.

And please continue to add value to this forum. There seems to be a consensus here that you contribute immeasurable value to the board. Keep up the outstanding work.

Please teach me more about maturity, Bobby Metzinger. Or would I be better off finding those lessons in old threads featuring your 20+ other usernames? I'm sure your Facebook, Twitter, and other social media accounts also feature valuable lessons and examples of maturity.

And please continue to add value to this forum. There seems to be a consensus here that you contribute immeasurable value to the board. Keep up the outstanding work.

I don't get why people continue to bash Metz in threads he isn't being an ass in. You're looking just as bad as he was in the past. Sure, he has a shady past on this board, but continuing to bring things up and rag on him is only going to cause threads to go down the drain.

You know how to get in contact with me, Peter. I adore your sarcasm. Go Billikens.

Give me a home and home with the Bradley's of the world over a curb biting experience at Duke, at Syracuse, etc. When we prove we can go to these places and win or land home-and-homes with those programs, I will be a lot more excited. Bradley and SLU have had some legendary games with some great players in the past. It is an easy road trip for both teams and their fans as well.

I am terribly unexcited by Washington coming here. It may be a good game, but will most likely be a 1 time thing and that is it. Going on the road and at home vs. Bradley is the type of games this program needs to be scheduling. Bradley, Creighton, and Wichita types would be good for the RPI because we have a realistic chance of winning and they are always above 150.

If we have a home and home with UCLA, then I will be excited. I am guessing we might play them in the CBE in KC next year. Although that also could be true of the Syracuse game as well. I am excited that we are in 2 great exempt tournaments this year and next.

And nice cheap shot at Peoria, jagoff.

Give me a home and home with the Bradley's of the world over a curb biting experience at Duke, at Syracuse, etc. When we prove we can go to these places and win or land home-and-homes with those programs, I will be a lot more excited. Bradley and SLU have had some legendary games with some great players in the past. It is an easy road trip for both teams and their fans as well.

I am terribly unexcited by Washington coming here. It may be a good game, but will most likely be a 1 time thing and that is it. Going on the road and at home vs. Bradley is the type of games this program needs to be scheduling. Bradley, Creighton, and Wichita types would be good for the RPI because we have a realistic chance of winning and they are always above 150.

If we have a home and home with UCLA, then I will be excited. I am guessing we might play them in the CBE in KC next year. Although that also could be true of the Syracuse game as well. I am excited that we are in 2 great exempt tournaments this year and next.

Great work, JMM. I love it.

Your first statement shows a loser mentality to me, one that this program has been mired in for too long. If presented a choice between playing the best programs and playing Valley teams that won't hurt the RPI, I'll take the big-time programs. If the opportunity is to play both, then by all means I support it as long as it's replacing buy games and not big games. I'd rather play the Valley teams than anyone coming to our place this December. I like the SIUC series, would like to see the Missouri State one return, and like the fact we're getting one going again with Bradley.

But we're never going to take a step up unless we consistently play a handful of top 25 programs and manage an upset here and there. I hate to keep using Xavier as a comparison, but the shoe fits. They're to a point where they're not only playing one of the toughest non-conference schedules each year, but they're winning most of those games. SLU will never get there if they never try.

"Terribly unexcited" about Washington coming here? Why? A high-level program led by our former head coach is an awesome matchup in my book. You also say that it will "most likely be a 1 time thing and that is it", and yet the first post in this thread suggests otherwise.

I guess it's just a difference in opinion; I'll never be able to force myself to get more excited about "Bradley, Creighton, or Wichita types" than I will about Washington, UCLA, Syracuse, Butler, or Gonzaga.

JMM from Peoria- do we have another Metzinger on this board? Also, I haven't heard the term "jagoff" in years. That had me laughing.