Majerus Extension

victor

Does anyone know how long Rick is signed for here at SLU. Shouldn't we be trying to lock him in for an extension. We will be hard pressed to find another Hall of Fame coach wanting to coach at SLU.

He is signed through the 2012-2013 season. The first issue is whether Rick wants an extension or is ready to pack it in; however, I agree that it is a recruiting issue at this point.

I don't think there is a chance in hell that RM extends his contract. The best that we can hope for is that he has 2 good seasons and sets our team up for future success (good talent, good coaches, good pipeline of recruits). If he does that, then I think his tenure can be considered a success.

I don't think there is a chance in hell that RM extends his contract. The best that we can hope for is that he has 2 good seasons and sets our team up for future success (good talent, good coaches, good pipeline of recruits). If he does that, then I think his tenure can be considered a success.

I wouldn't be totally surprised if he decided to stick around a few more years. With his mother passing and him finally getting his program running (hopefully), he may have more incentive to stick around. I mean...what else is he gonna do? He loves ball. He loves coaching. Seems to me that he really likes STL. Maybe with a little success, his job will get easier and he'll stick around for 2-3 more years. A long shot, but circumstances change...

I wouldn't be totally surprised if he decided to stick around a few more years. With his mother passing and him finally getting his program running (hopefully), he may have more incentive to stick around. I mean...what else is he gonna do? He loves ball. He loves coaching. Seems to me that he really likes STL. Maybe with a little success, his job will get easier and he'll stick around for 2-3 more years. A long shot, but circumstances change...

+1

Yepper.

They ought to do a wink-wink-nod-nod extension just for recruiting purposes at some point.......

Agree. If it hasn't become a recruiting issue already, it will very shortly. No way top recruits will sign without knowing who the coach will be. Current high school juniors -- our top recruiting focus -- will not see Rick as HC unless he is extended.

And if I was the recruit, it would be the first or second question I'd ask.

I agree. He would have to do a rebuilding job at most other jobs he could take (eg. He didn't like the pressure of a USC). So it is either start over or keep it going here.

I hear he is eyeing the job at Lindenwood....less stress and closer to Incredible Pizza.

Funny post :) Sorry I just it now. Then, when RM takes the LU job, maybe he can take TLII, Adam Knollmeyer and Dustin Maguire as his assistant coaches!! KL's younger brother could be Head of Basketball Operations and TL's father could then be "Senior Consultant".