SELENTAKIS In U-18 Euro Tournament

kshoe

ET's Greek team got beat pretty handily by Croatia in the first game but he had 11 points and 5 rebounds and was his team's leading scorer.

Here is the box score from the game

http://www.eurobasket.com/boxScores/European%20Championships%20U18/2011/0721_GRE_CRO.asp

45 points scored as a team? He'll be familiar with SLU basketball from day 1.

ET's Greek team got beat pretty handily by Croatia in the first game but he had 11 points and 5 rebounds and was his team's leading scorer.

http://www.eurobasket.com/boxScores/European%20Championships%20U18/2011/0721_GRE_CRO.asp

Interesting that he played by far the most minutes of anyone on the team which would indicate he must be a good defender! This is tough competition so it will be great experience for him.

Interesting that he played by far the most minutes of anyone on the team which would indicate he must be a good defender! This is tough competition so it will be great experience for him.

I don't thinlk I have every seen a basketball game where the total fouls called on both teams was only 6.:huh:

Wait, I thought he was "soft". I guess the Greek team values soft players.

This means nothing. Only the stats from the 16U tourney from a few years ago where he averaged 6 points will be the only stats accepted here.

This means nothing. Only the stats from the 16U tourney from a few years ago where he averaged 6 points will be the only stats accepted here.

Technically that was from the 2010-2011 season in June when he was 18, aka last month. Just technically though.

Can we at least assume that given his 1 for 3 shooting behind the 3 point line that he will be a 33% shooter in D1 basketball. That seams like a large enough sample size to draw sweeping conclusions... :rolleyes:

Can we at least assume that given his 1 for 3 shooting behind the 3 point line that he will be a 33% shooter in D1 basketball. That seams like a large enough sample size to draw sweeping conclusions... :rolleyes:

Nah, you can't assume nothing except the kid's a softie, which was provided by a very reliable source. And remember AAU summer ball is just soooo much better than top level international competition. This kid'll be a bust and am not surprised how a lazy a** recruiter like RM got him. No one else wanted him proving once again RM's such a total loser when it comes to evaluating talent.. And by the way, have you heard the latest on Nolan Berry? Well, I heard.... blah.... blah....blah.... blah..... blah. OMG! I almost fell off my chair when I heard it. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. Take it to the bank. Bet the farm.

Nah, you can't assume nothing except the kid's a softie, which was provided by a very reliable source. And remember AAU summer ball is just soooo much better than top level international competition. This kid'll be a bust and am not surprised how a lazy a** recruiter like RM got him. No one else wanted him proving once again RM's such a total loser when it comes to evaluating talent.. And by the way, have you heard the latest on Nolan Berry? Well, I heard.... blah.... blah....blah.... blah..... blah. OMG! I almost fell off my chair when I heard it. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. Take it to the bank. Bet the farm.

since we cant assume nothing..does that mean we can assume everything?

The Greeks are now 0-3 but Tselentakis has been arguably their best player. He led them in scoring again today, with 11, while also snaring 10 rebounds in a 66-64 loss to Slovenia. The Greeks will be up against the also winless Ukraine.