2011-12 College Basketball Preview Series: Saint Louis Billikens

No KM?:P

No JB

Typical armchair massage of avaiable stats; KM and

JB will combine for 25 plus points and 5 plus assists

and nearly 8 rebounds a game because of their

quickness

Both KM and JB were in the story, don't know if you guys missed that.

No JB

Typical armchair massage of avaiable stats; KM and

JB will combine for 25 plus points and 5 plus assists

and nearly 8 rebounds a game because of their

quickness

Kind of strange, but when I click the link I SOMETIMES get a paragraph that mentions both KM and JB and sometimes I don't. So they are both mentioned but for some reason that paragraph doesn't always appear, at least on MY screen.

That happened to me too. I wouldn't call this basic armchair analysis though. Some of the scouting in this piece was pretty good, especially the visuals.

Kind of strange, but when I click the link I SOMETIMES get a paragraph that mentions both KM and JB and sometimes I don't. So they are both mentioned but for some reason that paragraph doesn't always appear, at least on MY screen.

That happened to me too. I wouldn't call this basic armchair analysis though. Some of the scouting in this piece was pretty good, especially the visuals.

I agree about the depth of the analysis. And I hope Mr. Whelan is right because he is more optimistic about the upcoming season than I am. But that's because I've been following this team for a long time and I know not to get my hopes too high. And welcome to the forum by the way.

Not getting the paragraphs with KM or JB either, apparently. Actually made that point to the author (@JoeyWhelan) who replied to me via twitter insisting Kwamain was mentioned. Very confusing.

Yeah, I've tried reloading it many times and it still hasn't shown up.

Two visits ... the first last night, no graph on KM and JB so, despite the analysis, dismissed as ho-hum and amatuer, given their omission.

This morning, lo and behold, the graph on KM and JB is in there. So the value of the piece improves.

I am torn on the evaluation however. Anyone who saw this team play last year given the fact that it returns its same interior core, would not be quick to count on our interior game as much as this guy seem to. Given that the conclusion is that "Billiken balance ... is visually .. imporessive" based on the fact that "six ... players had usage rates between 11 and 16 percent" seems to indicate to me that the review is based almost exclusively on analyzing those numbers. I'd counter that "11 to 16 percent" of nothing is still nothing but that would be too harsh.

Again, I think this season can and will be a successful one. We will have enough upperclassmen to carry the load this year as opposed ot the last two or three. If Manning gives what this article says -- hustle and defense --- and it might work well. We are in no way a lock for the NCAA or any other postseason aspirations at this point and I'd still like another interior player.

Two visits ... the first last night, no graph on KM and JB so, despite the analysis, dismissed as ho-hum and amatuer, given their omission.

This morning, lo and behold, the graph on KM and JB is in there. So the value of the piece improves.

I am torn on the evaluation however. Anyone who saw this team play last year given the fact that it returns its same interior core, would not be quick to count on our interior game as much as this guy seem to. Given that the conclusion is that "Billiken balance ... is visually .. imporessive" based on the fact that "six ... players had usage rates between 11 and 16 percent" seems to indicate to me that the review is based almost exclusively on analyzing those numbers. I'd counter that "11 to 16 percent" of nothing is still nothing but that would be too harsh.

Again, I think this season can and will be a successful one. We will have enough upperclassmen to carry the load this year as opposed ot the last two or three. If Manning gives what this article says -- hustle and defense --- and it might work well. We are in no way a lock for the NCAA or any other postseason aspirations at this point and I'd still like another interior player.

Can someone copy that paragraph or so onto here? Because it still isn't showing up for me.

A sentence from the paragraph about Dwayne:

"His form is good, but tends to be long and slow, requiring quite a bit of space to get off."

That's what she said...

Can someone copy that paragraph or so onto here? Because it still isn't showing up for me.

Showing up for me this morning, between the paragraphs on Loe & Manning. The author really likes the adjective "diminutive".

"The return of junior guard Kwamain Mitchell and transfer guard Jake Barnett will unquestionably bolster the backcourt as well. Mitchell was involved in some messy off the court issues and was actually off the team for a point last season, but his impact on the floor is undeniable. As a sophomore the diminutive guard was a second team All-Conference performer, leading the team in scoring at nearly 16 points per game. It will be interesting to see how a year away from the game effects his level of play, but if he continues to progress in the manner he was before his dismissal, we're talking about a first team All-Conference player. Barnett sat out last season after transferring from Toledo where he averaged over 12 points per game and proved a perimeter shooting threat, connecting over over 37% of his attempts from beyond the arc."

Showing up for me this morning, between the paragraphs on Loe & Manning. The author really likes the adjective "diminutive".

"The return of junior guard Kwamain Mitchell and transfer guard Jake Barnett will unquestionably bolster the backcourt as well. Mitchell was involved in some messy off the court issues and was actually off the team for a point last season, but his impact on the floor is undeniable. As a sophomore the diminutive guard was a second team All-Conference performer, leading the team in scoring at nearly 16 points per game. It will be interesting to see how a year away from the game effects his level of play, but if he continues to progress in the manner he was before his dismissal, we're talking about a first team All-Conference player. Barnett sat out last season after transferring from Toledo where he averaged over 12 points per game and proved a perimeter shooting threat, connecting over over 37% of his attempts from beyond the arc."

I wouldn't call KM ad MM diminutive even at 5'10". 5'7" and below in Div one is diminutive. The guy does seem to think highly of RM, however.

Thanks for posting that. It still won't show up there for me. Weird.

I cleared my history/cache and it showed up. The reason is didn't show up is because the writer left it out until someone pointed out his mistake.

I cleared my history/cache and it showed up. The reason is didn't show up is because the writer left it out until someone pointed out his mistake.

anyone who writes today had better post his email address as "corrections requested"s

Anyone have any insight as to JB defensive capability? If he is a ball hawk at both ends of the court and if KM reverts to the "me first" attitude he had when we needed points his freshman year touches may be

tough to get for the other players. This guys stats are going to go up in smoke. We know RL, JJ, MM, KM, and JB will all put the ball up with the slightest opening. Someone is going to have to rebound.

Wouldn't it be wonderful if RM has figured out to let us average 80 points a game and a conference championship.

Yea wasn't sure if that happened to be the case or not... dude was pretty defensive right away when I brought it up last night via twitter. If it is the case... low.

So the A-10 is mid-major?

I loved it a few years ago when they tried to give a Xavier player the Mid-major Player of the Week award,and he refused it,saying X wasn`t mid major.