NCAA Tourney Thread

moytoy12

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

tu dropping some serious tears on the bench when game was finally out of reach... feels bad for letting the seniors down, or is this perhaps his last game as well?

Sure seemed to me like last game tears. I'd probably be crying too if I played that bad, though.

Tu Holloway was an absolute no-show today. If he does ANYTHING then X is in the game and has a chance to win.

Good game plan to put 6'6 Jimmy Butler on Holloway to start the game. He's still quick enough laterally to keep up, while providing length to bother Holloway. Marquette rotated guys on him throughout the first half to frustrate him and and they were ready for the high ball screens.

Good game plan to put 6'6 Jimmy Butler on Holloway to start the game. He's still quick enough laterally to keep up, while providing length to bother Holloway. Marquette rotated guys on him throughout the first half to frustrate him and and they were ready for the high ball screens.

I found an interview of Buzz Williams on Ken Pomeroy's twitter where he was breaking down Xavier and it was crazy some of the stats he knew. Pretty much he was talking about how many on-ball screens they tend to set and how most of them were for Tu. So they were definitely well prepared.

VCU is pounding Gtown. I picked VCU, but for no real tangible reason. I'm pulling for their young coach and I thought they might come out fired up after hearing all the "you don't belong" talk.

G'Town got smoked last season by 14-seed Ohio and VCU is killing them tonight, despite being an 11 seed and the team all the pundits said should not have gotten an at-large bid. 4 Big East teams (G'Town, St. John's, L'Ville, Villanova) that got beat in the 1st round by low or mid-majors (VCU, Gonzaga, Morehead St., George Mason). 3 of those teams were 11 seeds or higher.

G'Town got smoked last season by 14-seed Ohio and VCU is killing them tonight, despite being an 11 seed and the team all the pundits said should not have gotten an at-large bid. 4 Big East teams (G'Town, St. John's, L'Ville, Villanova) that got beat in the 1st round by low or mid-majors (VCU, Gonzaga, Morehead St., George Mason). 3 of those teams were 11 seeds or higher.

Nearly impossible to figure out the seeding thought process of the NCAA committee. Many way over and under seeded teams.

I found an interview of Buzz Williams on Ken Pomeroy's twitter where he was breaking down Xavier and it was crazy some of the stats he knew. Pretty much he was talking about how many on-ball screens they tend to set and how most of them were for Tu. So they were definitely well prepared.

Jim Rome was calling him Rain Man.