NCAA Tourney Thread

moytoy12

Don't forget he was a 4 star, top 100 guy coming out of high school.

Classy quote from MH at the BUtler press con:

"I feel for those guys, those seniors over there. They don't have another chance and we do."

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Aewsome finish to the Butler-ODU game. Notice how the committee made sure these two teams faced each other in the first game. While it inevitably led to a good, close game, also had to make sure both wouldn't move on to the next round.

Aewsome finish to the Butler-ODU game. Notice how the committee made sure these two teams faced each other in the first game. While it inevitably led to a good, close game, also had to make sure both wouldn't move on to the next round.

You mean by seeding two decent teams 8 and 9? Its not like they screwed either team.

Couldn't you make the same argument about the Tennessee vs Michigan game?

You mean by seeding two decent teams 8 and 9? Its not like they screwed either team.

Couldn't you make the same argument about the Tennessee vs Michigan game?

How about ODU vs Michigan? Butler vs Michigan?

Michigan and Tennessee shouldn't be in the tourney.

How about ODU vs Michigan? Butler vs Michigan?

Michigan and Tennessee shouldn't be in the tourney.

Haha. Then if ODU and Butler would have both lost people would have said the committee paired em like that so neither would advance.

I disagree. I think Michigan and Tennessee definitely deserve to be in. They both had considerably better resumes than Butler. Hell, that was Butlers second best win of the entire season.

Haha. Then if ODU and Butler would have both lost people would have said te committee paired em like that so neither would advance.

I disagree. I think Michigan and Tennessee definitely deserve to be in. They both had considerably better resumes than Butler. Hell, that was Butlers second best win of the entire season.

0-8 vs the top 25 = good resume?

.500 in conference = good resume?

Pardon me, but.. What?

I need Morehead to pull it out. Then I'll have the edge on all of you. I'm only a little crazy.

Morehead wasn't a crazy upset pick. Especially with the questions about how good Louisville actually is. I need Louisville to win, but I like a cinderella.

I liked the aspect of having the best player on the court. Faried is a monster, I wouldn't want to play him. That was a really tough 13 seed, I think Richmond was also under-seeded. Louisville lives and dies by that three pointer.

0-8 vs the top 25 = good resume?

.500 in conference = good resume?

Pardon me, but.. What?

Michigan was 6-9 against top 50 rpi teams.

Tennessee was 8-6 against top 50 rpi teams.

Butler was 3-3 against top 50 rpi teams. BUT all 3 wins were against Cleveland St.

Never said Michigan or Tennessee had "good" resumes, just that IMO they were better than Butlers.

Michigan was 6-9 against top 50 rpi teams.

Tennessee was 8-6 against top 50 rpi teams.

Butler was 3-3 against top 50 rpi teams. BUT all 3 wins were against Cleveland St.

Never said Michigan or Tennessee had "good" resumes, just that IMO they were better than Butlers.

Fair enough, we'll have to agree to disagree on this issue. I still think you should be above .500 in conference.

It gets really ugly with these 'big' conferences getting obscene numbers of games against top teams, judging how good everyone is is exceptionally difficult.

I don't think Michigan gets in, or at least gets such a high seed if the head of the tournament committee wasn't from the Big Ten.

Fair enough, we'll have to agree to disagree on this issue. I still think you should be above .500 in conference.

It gets really ugly with these 'big' conferences getting obscene numbers of games against top teams, judging how good everyone is is exceptionally difficult.

I don't think Michigan gets in, or at least gets such a high seed if the head of the tournament committee wasn't from the Big Ten.

You could argue they got a generous seed, but then again, there's a bunch of teams like that. Honestly, a team that is seeded 11 or 12 has a better chance of making a deep run than does an 8 or 9.

Don't underestimate Richmond. I had them going to the sweet 16 but I changed to Louisville at the last minute. Dammit.

I like the Fightin' Cosbys over at Temple, but I have a hard time rooting for Richmond. Much easier to root against them. In the A-10 there's one team I root for - our Billikens.

You could argue they got a generous seed, but then again, there's a bunch of teams like that. Honestly, a team that is seeded 11 or 12 has a better chance of making a deep run than does an 8 or 9.

Like.... Richmond for example?

I think they have real potential here. I almost picked Morehead to the Sweet Sixteen, but I was afraid of them losing to Louisville, I'm much more sure of Richmond, but we'll see how it goes. Anything can happen in this tournament.

Richmond is really going to have their hands full with Morehead, people. Faried can take you places.