Really coming together

The last two games I notiecd that Evans was starting and playng almost exclusively as the small forward. I don't know when that started, but it really feels like it has changed the dynamic of this team (in the past he would play it for stretches and the offense would stagnate, but that has changed). This really has put KC back in as the SG, and has coincided with a real development of the interior of the team. This last bit may be an illusion due to the last two opponents, but it may be that having a small forward who is a rebounding machine takes pressure off of our bigs, and gives them an edge. To this last point, Cory and RL have really improved over the last 4-5 games. Additionally, Evans is giving this team a consistent scorer, and you can just see the team solidifying around it.

Overall, it seems like the team is really coming together, I don't know where it will lead, but right now I am looking forward to Duquense on Saturday.

He's still technically playing the pf position. Loe is out there in 3pt land while Evans is playing inside the 3pt line taking bigger slower players off the dribble. Thats his game. Thats why he has an advantage at the 4. He wont have that playing next to 2 traditional bigs where the lane is clogged and he's guarded by a small forward who should be as quick or probably quicker. Having Loe out of his way and in the lane and occupying a helpside defender is what gives Evans those lanes.

The last two games I notiecd that Evans was starting and playng almost exclusively as the small forward. I don't know when that started, but it really feels like it has changed the dynamic of this team (in the past he would play it for stretches and the offense would stagnate, but that has changed). This really has put KC back in as the SG, and has coincided with a real development of the interior of the team. This last bit may be an illusion due to the last two opponents, but it may be that having a small forward who is a rebounding machine takes pressure off of our bigs, and gives them an edge. To this last point, Cory and RL have really improved over the last 4-5 games. Additionally, Evans is giving this team a consistent scorer, and you can just see the team solidifying around it.

Overall, it seems like the team is really coming together, I don't know where it will lead, but right now I am looking forward to Duquense on Saturday.

Loe's defense and rebounding have really improved over the last month. He still needs to learn how to be tougher scoring around the basket. As he gets stronger, hopefully that will develop.

If TL3 had DE's motor he'd be in the league.

Loe's defense and rebounding have really improved over the last month. He still needs to learn how to be tougher scoring around the basket. As he gets stronger, hopefully that will develop.

Hopefully his off season goal is to see how many Big Macs he can eat in a summer.

while still working out of course

If TL3 had DE's motor he'd be in the league.

i was thinking about that on the way home last night and darn it, the truth is that other than some dribble skills, evans is everything that liddell was plus the intangibles. also, it is my understanding evans is an honors student and nothing but a flat out gentleman.

remember in the late summer docB was telling us that evans was liddell. we all ripped him. said no way. well, doc, i want to be the first to apologize to you for doubting your view and opinion. you were right on if anything as detailed above, you were too conservative.

p.s. i am tired of comparing evans to liddell. let's set our hopes a little higher. can evans become slu's version of adrian dantley? the notre dame version of dantley (his pro game greatly increased dantley's outside shooting range) is the person that i think evans style and effort most resembles. i am not ready to say he is dantley yet, but man he is having a great finish to the year and every reason to start looking for a higher standard to compare him with.

i was thinking about that on the way home last night and darn it, the truth is that other than some dribble skills, evans is everything that liddell was plus the intangibles. also, it is my understanding evans is an honors student and nothing but a flat out gentleman.

remember in the late summer docB was telling us that evans was liddell. we all ripped him. said no way. well, doc, i want to be the first to apologize to you for doubting your view and opinion. you were right on if anything as detailed above, you were too conservative.

What is great is that Evans is going to bust his ass for 3 more years. He's gonna be a Billiken favorite.

he has started 16 of our 27 games and in truth has only been getting starters minute pg since ellis got hurt. so his cumlative numbers arent as high as they could have been had he been getting top player minutes from day one. that said, he will finish in the top ten all time for billiken freshmen in rebounds and blocks, he will be close in points and steals.

p.s. i am tired of comparing evans to liddell. let's set our hopes a little higher. can evans become slu's version of adrian dantley? the notre dame version of dantley (his pro game greatly increased dantley's outside shooting range) is the person that i think evans style and effort most resembles. i am not ready to say he is dantley yet, but man he is having a great finish to the year and every reason to start looking for a higher standard to compare him with.

Most of you are not old enough,somebody had it the other day. Ricky Frazier.

when he went traitor on us decades ago, i have worked hard to erase ricky from my memory. but now that you bring it up i cant argue with the comparison. good one.

Beat me to it, Willie. Adrian Dantley while still in college? Geez, Roy, you're almost a geezer.

PS: Rammer noted last night that Evans is within reasonable striking distance of TLIII for the SLU freshman rebounding record. That in and of itself should say something about the comparison (and about DocB's talent-evaluation skills).

PPS: Hell, even though he's a Hoosier, I bet DocB can't even remember Adrian Dantley in college.

On the radio the other day Majerus said he was trying to decide if he wanted to go to Med school or law school.

Sounds like the Bills have a taller more talented Eckerle on the team.

He will be the leader/captain of the team his Jr year.

On the radio the other day Majerus said he was trying to decide if he wanted to go to Med school or law school.

Sounds like the Bills have a taller more talented Eckerle on the team.

He will be the leader/captain of the team his Jr year.

NO! DON'T GO TO LAW SCHOOL!! DWAYNE, YOU CAN DO BETTER THAN THAT!!

... and I also think he'll be (or already is) a stud and most likely a captain after Mitchell leaves.

Having a RL or CE at the 4 next year with WR at the 5 gives us a big advantage with Evans at the 3. If you try to guard evans with a traditional quick 3, you just post him up because he's too strong for him. put a big on him, and he's too quick. RL or CE can really stretch the defense with their shooting ability, allowing Evans more room to operate. It will be fun to watch. In the A-10, having athletic combo forwards is a good thing. Rhody was pretty good with guys like ulmer and cochran. Athletic guys who play hard and make plays wherever you put them on the floor. That is what DE is.

bad boyz for life