GDT: Charlotte comes to Chaifetz

JettFlight5

It was a nice game but put down the kool-aid. "Any team in this league"? Lol. I happen to think this league is pretty good.

I don't drink Kool-Aid.

SLU has lost a lot of games due to the lack of a go to guy at crunch time. SLU has been in most of the games, especially at home, and gave Xavier and Temple strong games on the road. SLU could have easily won at GW and at home against URI and LaSalle. Absent zebra intervention, SLU wins at Temple. SLU can play with any team in this league, and hopefully with a full roster next season, will be a conference favorite.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It was a nice game but put down the kool-aid. "Any team in this league"? Lol. I happen to think this league is pretty good.

Really? Tell me what team in this league blew us out? No one. We almost beat Temple at Temple. We played Dayton and X very tough. It is not that we "can play with any team in this league", we HAVE played with every team in this league.

You know, without Ellis we've got a pretty short bench. Loe played 23 minutes off the bench, Jett played 16, Salecich 12, and Eckerle 4. 55 doesn't seem like many minutes for the bench. By comparison, Charlotte also played 4 guys off of the bench and they totaled 77 minutes. Just another example of how losing Willie and Kwamain have hurt our team.

Does anyone have the stat-line for the game? I didn't see it on ESPN. I really am just curious about Evans. Thanks.

Evans had 16 points and 12 rebounds.

SLU was only 4-13 at the free throw line.

SLU freshmen scored 44 of SLU's 61 points: Evans 16, McCall 13, Loe 12 (4-7 on 3 pointers), and Jett 3.

I am very impressed with Evans, who I think is a potential up and coming star. He is the best player at that position for SLU since Ricky Frazier's freshman season at SLU. Roland Gray was somewhat similar, but had a bigger body frame. In some ways I see Evans as a cross between Roland Gray and Monroe Douglass, but really he is more like Ricky Frazier.

Does anyone have the stat-line for the game? I didn't see it on ESPN. I really am just curious about Evans. Thanks.

Evans scored 16 pts and grabbed 12 rebounds. It is his 4th double-double of the season. He shot 8-13 from the floor but missed all 3 FT attempts. He also had 2 blocks and a steal.

McCall had 13 points off of 5-15 shooting. It should be noted that he was aggressive all game and drove quite a bit to the hoop. He had an awesome layup where he faked out a defender thinking he was going to pass. He was only 1-6 from 3-point range. He added 4 assists, 4 rebounds and 2 steals. Good game from McCall.

Loe had 12 points and was 4-7 from outside the arc. He also had 6 rebounds and 3 blocks. It was refreshing to see how tough he played inside tonight.

Conklin had 8 points and 8 rebounds. He also added 3 assists, as he had a couple of really nice passes down low. In typical Conklin fashion, he should have had perhaps double the points tonight as he missed quite a few shots from point blank range (he finished 4-11 from the field.) However, in his defense, these refs barely called ANY fouls. The Bills only got whisteled for 9 and Charlotte were called for 14 fouls, but almost half of those fouls were in the last minute of the game. SLU wasn't even ion the bonus until about the 30 second mark in the game and Charlotte had to commit to fouls on inbound passes to get them to the line. It was just odd how much they let them play!

Cassity had an odd night. He was a very good distributor tonight, as he had 7 assists with just 1 TO. However, he scored 2 points, and that was off of a gimme layup late in the game. He was 1-5 from the field, and the other 4 shots were misses from 3-point range. He also had an embarassing 3-point shot that might have missed by perhaps 5 feet. Also, I think he might have had his worst defensive game of the season. It will be interesting to see what role he plays next season.

Remekun had 7 points and 3 rebounds. He also had a huge dunk from the side. He helped contribute to the FT woes as he was 1-4 from the line. Still, he looked good in spurts out there.

Jett had 3 points, 2 rebounds, 2 assists and 1 steal. More important, he had no TOs. However, he barely played in the 2nd half. Not sure why this was the case as he seemed to be doing a good job defensively when he was in there.

Salecich played 12 minutes and didn't do anything of note. He attempted 3 shots but didn't make anything.

I think Evans, McCall and Loe were the most impressive this game, which is encouraging as they are all freshmen. I know it has been overstated, but I cannot wait until next season! I am really excited about how good this team can be!

Cassity had his hands on his knees several times in the 2nd half. I've never seen that. He looked he had run a marathon before the game. He was still game though, he didn't sit out.

Last 3 games for Kyle - 9 points, 4-16 shooting, 0-12 from 3, 13 dimes, 5 TOs

Evans is the best player on this team. Hands down. He still has no outside shot but he executes those dribble drives that our guards can't finish.

Charlotte is not good and they had to play guys in the first half that they never play because of foul trouble. I don't know where that Barnett guy came from, he scored more tonight than he has in the last 3 games combined. Throughout this year we shut down good players but role players step up on the opposition and manage to light us up.

Remuken has improved back to the level he was at the end of last year.

Loe had a very nice game. Good outside shooting, making open 3s. He set a Conklin pick early in the game, just knocked a kid out. Had 6 boards and 3 blocks. He was strong inside on the defensive end.

This was a season high for throwing balls out of bounds by both teams. It seemed every other possession had passes going awry in the first half. Billikens really settled down in 2nd half.

I like Majerus' move calling a timeout right at the beginning of the 2nd half. Barnett had just made a 3 on the first possession to give him 15 points on the game. Majerus calls a timeout not even a minute into the 2nd half. Bilikens come out make 2 stops, make 2 baskets, get back the lead and Major has to burn a TO. Barnett scored 2 more points the rest of the game.

Free throw shooting was horrid, as bad as our 3 point shooting.

If the walk on outplays Salecich in practice, he should be allowed to play ahead of him scholarship or not. Salecich isn't even playing good defense anymore.

Cassity had an odd night. He was a very good distributor tonight, as he had 7 assists with just 1 TO. However, he scored 2 points, and that was off of a gimme layup late in the game. He was 1-5 from the field, and the other 4 shots were misses from 3-point range. He also had an embarassing 3-point shot that might have missed by perhaps 5 feet. Also, I think he might have had his worst defensive game of the season. It will be interesting to see what role he plays next season.

I wouldn't discount that layup by Cassity late in the game. It came at a time (about a minute or a little more left) and gave us a 3 point lead instead of a 1 point lead. It also came at a time when we were struggling to score and I was worried that we would blow a lead again. Seriously, several of our players had missed close shots right before KC got the layup, so his layup was a very welcome sight.

I wouldn't discount that layup by Cassity late in the game. It came at a time (about a minute or a little more left) and gave us a 3 point lead instead of a 1 point lead. It also came at a time when we were struggling to score and I was worried that we would blow a lead again. Seriously, several of our players had missed close shots right before KC got the layup, so his layup was a very welcome sight.

I see your point as it was an extremely important basket. However, he was wide open for that shot and had no business missing it. That was basically what I was stating.

I see your point as it was an extremely important basket. However, he was wide open for that shot and had no business missing it. That was basically what I was stating.

I noticed he made that from the left with his right hand. McCall missed a couple of layups from the left because he had to use his right hand. Can these college guards really not use their left hand?

I don't drink Kool-Aid.

SLU has lost a lot of games due to the lack of a go to guy at crunch time. SLU has been in most of the games, especially at home, and gave Xavier and Temple strong games on the road. SLU could have easily won at GW and at home against URI and LaSalle. Absent zebra intervention, SLU wins at Temple. SLU can play with any team in this league, and hopefully with a full roster next season, will be a conference favorite.

I agree about next year - completely. We should be THE conference favorite. Second at the very least. All I'm saying is that we really have no outside shooting and St. Bonaventure, yes the Bonnies, just smoked us the other night. To start spouting off after beating perhaps the worst team on the league that's down to just a few scholarship players at home, to me anyway, is just over the top.

I agree about next year - completely. We should be THE conference favorite. Second at the very least. All I'm saying is that we really have no outside shooting and St. Bonaventure, yes the Bonnies, just smoked us the other night. To start spouting off after beating perhaps the worst team on the league that's down to just a few scholarship players at home, to me anyway, is just over the top.

I am not sure why you say the Bills have no outside shooting. McCall and Loe are threats. Kyle has really hit a rough stretch, but I at least consider him a threat. You throw Kwamain back in and add Barnett, I believe there will be plenty of guys who can provide outside shooting next year.