OT saw BJ Young and Jordan Granger this weekend

I don't have any statistical analysis so maybe I shouldn't have said "one of the worst in the nation"

When was the last time you heard about RM at a high school or AAU game? He is the biggest representative about our team and coaching staff and I haven't heard about him being at a game in over a year. Tell me if you've heard otherwise.

While Porter and the rest certainly do better than RM, you don't hear much of them being out recruiting other than PM. If they are out recruiting, they do an outstanding job of staying low-key.

It shouldn't be a primary concern because we have landed players like McCall, Jett, Evans and Loe recently. But the longer we go without making the tournament, the more the significance of having Rick Majerus as your head coach fades. Couple that with health concerns and it paints a somewhat fragile recruiting picture.

Does being McCall, Evans etc...living rooms count? AAU events? High school games?

Sitting 6 inches from each other watching Kwamain Mitchell play AAU ball has seemed to have worked out quite well.

SLU's Frosh class is fine. SLU's junior class is fine. SLU's Soph class still has 2 plus years to improve. There ya go.

SLU has recruited big name players the likes of Beal, Griffey, Young, etc...has also recruited plenty of other good players with not quite as big of names, and they've taken a look at others who weren't quite going to be good enough for SLU.

SLU was just recently represented watching Berry and others within the past few weeks. And for those non-parochial types, they've been represented at other places Nationally too.

You referenced Milwaukee,...should I comment that Aki Collins was the primary recruiter for Jamal Ferguson(recent Marquette verbal) and not Buzz Williams?

If RM is the coaching dinosaur that say, a Joe Patetrno is, then I doubt he is the one physically out there doing all this recruiting stuff. And let's not get into RM's recent physical issues. JoPa doesn't even seal deals anymore and has come under sharp criticism from the "Joe Must Go" crowd because of that. Ignore the age, just go with the point. As I understand it, the assistant coaches do the legwork and the big man shows up to seal the deal. Now, in some cases, if the talent is that good ... i.e Beal, Griffey, Suggs, Hughes ....or it there is a personal relationship developed ... then the big man might have the lead from the get-go. I can't believe RM is all that interested in being out and about when all I hear is how he loves the practice gym and the film sessions. And today, the kid, more than ever, wants to be wooed and courted. Again, I don't think RM ever came to anyone (not usually) rather, they had to come to him for the most part.

I am sure our staff is one of the hardest working staffs in the country, and outside the country in Pacifc rim areas ---- there's a lot of mining involved when you're talking about all the unpolished gems and flying-under-the-radar studs our guys are out getting to come in here these last few years.

The comment was a knock on the quality of our recruiting classes. Just a reference to a perceived lack of visibility from the coaching staff recruiting-wise. As I said before, as long as we get solid players, RM never needs to go to a high school or aau game again as far as I'm concerned.

The comment was a knock on the quality of our recruiting classes. Just a reference to a perceived lack of visibility from the coaching staff recruiting-wise. As I said before, as long as we get solid players, RM never needs to go to a high school or aau game again as far as I'm concerned.

perceived by and visible to who?

Who would they have been watching in the Parkway south game? I go there and there wasn't anyone close to playing D-1 last year. So it must've been someone from Clayton. Maybe Christian Thomas?

It was christian Thomas. I don't think Moser was too impressed.

has the athleticism and size. but someone needs to light a fire under him. lot of drifting around with no purpose. he was the biggest kid on the floor in both games and should have been dominating. just didnt seem to care. maybe that is just his demeanor. i dont know. but what i saw was a slightly better shooting cory remekun.

You have to remember who is coaching him. Just ask Nate. Roy, you did not make that comment about being glad they are in Missouri when they beat West earlier. What Missouri team beat Ofallon? Just so you will know, Young was dejected from a game earlier this year for the same reason. No way he could have come to SLU, even with his talent. One former AAU coach said he has acted that way since he was nine years old.

Saying Rick hasnt been out as much as he should is probably a fair statement but to say the coaching staff is one of the worse in the nation when it comes to watching potential recruits is just dumb.

I saw a SLU assistant coach at a Cardinal Ritter game this year.

McCluer North has beaten Lew Wallace, A top team out of Indiana, Belleville West & East, Collinsville, O'Fallon, and Chicago Bogan. North takes on all comers and always goes to play upstate and outstate Illinois teams every year.

Haz Central has beaten Belleville West & East St. Louis

Both of these teams are coached poorly and have some headcases on their roster. Even with those disadvantages they would finish 1-2 in any conference in the metro east.

I've seen Moser and staff at a couple SNC games involving Granger and Jordan Martin. The staff has also watched at least one Lutheran North game to Anthony Virdure. Majerus has made visits to all 3 of those schools this year.

Granger is more of a pick and pop Majerus style big man. He has yet to grasp all the physical parts of the game but he is getting better at it. He looks bigger than he actually he is, he is rail thin. Great student in the mold of Femi John who excels despite the guidance of Randy Reed. He's closer to CR than WR in terms of athleticism but he's still developing, an injury earlier in his career derailed some of his development.

Central lost that game to CBC because they were without their floor general, Curtis Churchman, who decided to be absent from class for a few days prior. Churchman is the half brother of Dwayne Polk.

ofallon plays chaminade thursday. we'll see how that goes.

We sure did: Chaminade 82, O'Fallon 77. Chalk another one up for Missouri.

It's a shame I missed this one. Had an indoor soccer game and didn't quite make it back in time to get over there. Beal had 44 on 13-23 shooting, 4-5 from 3, 13-17 from the line. Jones had 24.

The disheartening part for me is that Chaminade seems to build huge leads in every game and then gives them up to the good teams they play. They were up 24 in this one and won by just 5. They were up by 16 or so vs. DeSmet at one point and won by 3. They can't keep that up in the playoffs when every team is going to be very good and very hungry.

We sure did: Chaminade 82, O'Fallon 77. Chalk another one up for Missouri.

It's a shame I missed this one. Had an indoor soccer game and didn't quite make it back in time to get over there. Beal had 44 on 13-23 shooting, 4-5 from 3, 13-17 from the line. Jones had 24.

The disheartening part for me is that Chaminade seems to build huge leads in every game and then gives them up to the good teams they play. They were up 24 in this one and won by just 5. They were up by 16 or so vs. DeSmet at one point and won by 3. They can't keep that up in the playoffs when every team is going to be very good and very hungry.

Actually, what happens is Beal builds a big league. The rest of the team may as well watch from the stands in street clothes. Clearly it isn't easy to win against the better teams when relying so heavily on one player. That's why it won't be surprising if Chaminade goes undefeated and wins state(because Beal is that good), or if they lose a time or two prior to end of the season, or if they lose in the playoffs. None of those would be surprising.