Willie Reed Conditionally re-admitted to SLU

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i wonder if willie will sit in the student section during the games.

If he cannot sit on the bench, what is his status? If he is JUST a student and not a recruit or an athlete, then anyone can give him tickets, for example, right behind the Billiken's bench. If he has some status that prohibits this, then the student section is, practically speaking, his only real option.

If he cannot sit on the bench, what is his status? If he is JUST a student and not a recruit or an athlete, then anyone can give him tickets, for example, right behind the Billiken's bench. If he has some status that prohibits this, then the student section is, practically speaking, his only real option.

I don't think anyone could GIVE him tickets and have it not be a violation. I'm sure the NCAA would consider it an impermissible benefit.

I don't think anyone could GIVE him tickets and have it not be a violation. I'm sure the NCAA would consider it an impermissible benefit.

Not if he is just a regular student. I can give a regular student (a non-athlete) anything I want and it happens all of the time. However, boosters cannot give student-athletes or recruits ANYTHING. At this point, is Willie anything more than a regular student? In reality, he is probably going to sit in the student section and no one is going to give him anything, but it is an interesting situation.

Not if he is just a regular student. I can give a regular student (a non-athlete) anything I want and it happens all of the time. However, boosters cannot give student-athletes or recruits ANYTHING. At this point, is Willie anything more than a regular student? In reality, he is probably going to sit in the student section and no one is going to give him anything, but it is an interesting situation.

He is still on a full basketball scholarship

once anyone accepts anything of value they would be athletically ineligible thereforward.