View from Afar

Taj79

Sigh. Another strawman by Drew. The fact that you have to make up what I said is enough to let me know you should be done.

And another drive-by posting attack by you. I think the last I remember seeing you post was defending the fab-o-lus work ethic of one Tommie Liddell MCVXIII. It has been a long time since the team has performed badly enough for you to come back around with your SLUbashing and Majerus bashing.

Why don't you make like a tree and get the ###### out of here...

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Who is responsible for sending the would be Senior class packing?

I've acknowledged that MR would have made a difference this year. The only other one would be Anthony Mitchell, Femi got hurt and Paul is still here.

It takes more than 3 classes to build a roster like you want.

Will you acknowledge that when you said there was no comparison, it wasn't even close between KL and TL and WR and KM you were wrong.

Who is responsible for sending the would be Senior class packing?

RM. Now, let me ask. Whom from the SR class would you still want? and make a difference? RM did not run off McDonald's All-Americans!!

Also, by creating the room (as controversial as it was at the time), RM signed 7 players. From those 7, we now have WR, KM, BC and KR. RC and KC were the last to sign in the Spring (around Easter time if I recall). RC, of course, is gone but KC would not be a Billiken. Therefore, in your example, the SR class would have to not only contribute this season but also would have to offset the contributions of KC.

RM. Now, let me ask. Whom from the SR class would you still want? and make a difference? RM did not run off McDonald's All-Americans!!

Also, by creating the room (as controversial as it was at the time), RM signed 7 players. From those 7, we now have WR, KM, BC and KR. RC and KC were the last to sign in the Spring (around Easter time if I recall). RC, of course, is gone but KC would not be a Billiken. Therefore, in your example, the SR class would have to not only contribute this season but also would have to offset the contributions of KC.

Relphorde starts for a school in a major conference and is averaging 12 points and shooting 48% from the field. Thinks this team might be better with him?

Relphorde starts for a school in a major conference and is averaging 12 points and shooting 48% from the field. Thinks this team might be better with him?

3Jack. Not saying MR would not help this team. I will say, though, that I believe MR was the one player RM really did NOT drive off the team. Instead, RM had a frank/honest discussion with him about the type of player he was/is, the system RM will be running and what MR's position and playing time will be. At the time, if I recall, MR wanted to play guard but was more of a forward. MR left and was not pushed out as you are implying.

Also, from your response, I assume you believe the other 3 players - who were pushed out - would NOT be contributing. Is MR a "go to guy" or is he just another "role" player like our 12 point role player --- KC?

3Jack. Not saying MR would not help this team. I will say, though, that I believe MR was the one player RM really did NOT drive off the team. Instead, RM had a frank/honest discussion with him about the type of player he was/is, the system RM will be running and what MR's position and playing time will be. At the time, if I recall, MR wanted to play guard but was more of a forward. MR left and was not pushed out as you are implying.

Also, from your response, I assume you believe the other 3 players - who were pushed out - would NOT be contributing. Is MR a "go to guy" or is he just another "role" player like our 12 point role player --- KC?

KC averages 10 points a game and plays 3 more minutes a game. I believe at SLU Relphorde could be a 15 pt a game guy. He has basically been that at Colorado the past 10 games and that is only playing an average of 27 minutes.

Don't assume that other posters don't know anything. My Masters from SLU's school of Public Health would suggest otherwise. You can quote all the studies you want and I could quote just as many on the other side. Majerus' eating habits are well documented not just by anonymous posters but in his own admissions. I guess he just isn't responsible for that behavior.

I'm not poking fun at his obesity. I just refuse to call him "courageous" and I question his dedication to coach this team. I don't know 100% that I am right that he isn't the victim of some freak infection that is so serious he must miss 3 weeks of sitting in a chair on the sideline. I have serious doubts. I have a very obese grandma on comaudin, diabetic, with an amputated leg who had an MRSA infection in what was left of her leg. I know that she could've sat in a chair on the sideline for 2 hours.

I hope he pulls it together. I hope we make it to the Final 4 next year. I also hope that I see a change in this years team to show me that they are men that have some pride and are willing to do what it takes to compete in Division I Basketball. Right now I am not seeing that at all levels and there is plenty of blame to go around.

I provide verified clinical data obtained from > 1,000 sample size that indicates morbid obesity is usually a result of geneticse, heredity, you lob out two obscure examples within your family. Grandparents. Yes, obese people eat too much, but it is almost impossible for some to ever lose the weight. And a lot of them kid around about what they like to eat, that is common. And yes, RM kids around about it.

You do not know what is going on with RM, but we do know that he had bypass surgery, is on Coumadin, he says it is now infected, you say you do not believe that. Brutal.

There are plenty of slim people who have heart attacks, and are on Coumadin. Would you mock them and question the possibility of infection?

15 yrs ago: I have a friend who was a little over 40 yo, 5'11", weighed 350 pounds. His wife is 2 yrs younger, was beautiful, ballerina-like build, I would guess 5'5", 100 pounds at the most. She had a heart attack. Everyone called and assumed that the caller made a mistake, it HAD to be him. But it was her. So that is my irrlevant story. Everyone has one. She is OK now fyi.

I think you should be ashamed to question RM in this situation, saying your obese grandma could sit on the sidelines for two hours. Outrageous. I do not do this 24/7 like some, but I assume you are just an RM basher taking advantage of this situation.

KC averages 10 points a game and plays 3 more minutes a game. I believe at SLU Relphorde could be a 15 pt a game guy. He has basically been that at Colorado the past 10 games and that is only playing an average of 27 minutes.

So MR is marginally better than KC. If that is your point, fine. How does MR change this team?

Again, if we kept the SR class (4 guys left) then we would not have signed our initial 7 recruits. KC and RC were the last recruits. It's not like we could have both KC and MR.

Some of you guys crack me up. Add in Reed and Mitchell and this would be an NCAA tournament team. Add in Relphorde, who starts for a Big 12 team, and they wouldn't have any more wins. LMAO.

I think the implication was if you had Relphorde you may not have KC. Thus, it would be pretty much close to a wash and still be in a tough situation without KM and WR. However, seeing what your MO is on this board, I am pretty sure you just want to rile the SLU fans on this board up because you know we are going through a tough year. More power to you. Hope you are having fun.

No doubt he would start for and make this team better.

But 12 ppg on an up-tempo offense isnt that impressive. Colorado averages over 80 ppg so I would hope a starter on that team puts up 12 a game.

Also Colorado plays some of the worst defense in college basketball. They allow over 71 ppg. Im not sure how much of that falls on Relphorde but if he cant play D all the offesne in the world wouldnt get him on the court for Majerus.

But Id take him in a second.

edit I said 80 ppg but it is actually 71 ppg allowed.

Still in the bottom 250

So MR is marginally better than KC. If that is your point, fine. How does MR change this team?

Again, if we kept the SR class (4 guys left) then we would not have signed our initial 7 recruits. KC and RC were the last recruits. It's not like we could have both KC and MR.

Marginally better? No, he would be quite a bit better. Again, it's hilarious how you guys talk about adding KM and WR would completely change things around but adding a player like MR would hardly make any difference.

Marginally better? No, he would be quite a bit better. Again, it's hilarious how you guys talk about adding KM and WR would completely change things around but adding a player like MR would hardly make any difference.

It's also hillarious how you said regarding a comparison of TL and KL against WR and KM ... there was no comparison, it isn't even close.

You wan't people to admit they are wrong?

It's also hillarious how you said regarding a comparison of TL and KL against WR and KM ... there was no comparison, it isn't even close.

You wan't people to admit they are wrong?

It's not close Skip. More points, way more assists and basically the same rebounds. Go back and look again.

It's not close Skip. More points, way more assists and basically the same rebounds. Go back and look again.

You forgot the 2.1 to 1 block advantage to RM's boys. Of course they have more assists, it's 2 guards compared to one. The difference in scoring is 8%. The difference in boards is 5%. UB's guys have about 50% more assists and RM's guys have more than double the blocks.

I don't expect you to admit that you exagerated to make a point though.

You forgot the 2.1 to 1 block advantage to RM's boys. Of course they have more assists, it's 2 guards compared to one. The difference in scoring is 8%. The difference in boards is 5%. UB's guys have about 50% more assists and RM's guys have more than double the blocks.

Skip, he has already accomplished what he wanted to in terms of hijacking this thread. No point in engaging him any further as that is what he wants. He doesn't care if there is a flaw in his logic. He just points out what he wants to point out as he knows it will rightly infuriate someone and the meaningless discussion will continue. He is the epitome of a non-fan troll who comes around during an emotionally heightened time for SLU fans to agitate.

6th youngest team in D1?? You got a link to that??? The Bills started 3 Juniors, a sophmore and 1 freshman last night. That is hardly young by today's standards. What the heck makes you think this team would be top 30-40 with WR and KM? They are good but they are not that good. This team even with those guys would be lucky to make the NIT. The talent level is awful.

Reed has the most blocks ever by a SLU Sophomore and is 3rd all time in school history in blocks. He led the A-10 in field goal percentage last year. He had the second most Soph rebounds in 63 years at SLU. He dramatically changes the game for SLU's opponents offensively and defensively.

Mitchell had the 2nd most Soph points in school history. He has top 1-2 Soph steals in school history.

Their departure changed the roles dramatically of every other player on the team.

Skip, he has already accomplished what he wanted to in terms of hijacking this thread. No point in engaging him any further as that is what he wants. He doesn't care if there is a flaw in his logic. He just points out what he wants to point out as he knows it will rightly infuriate someone and the meaningless discussion will continue. He is the epitome of a non-fan troll who comes around during an emotionally heightened time for SLU fans to agitate.

Yea, I know. I stated the same thing in this or another thread. I'm sitting here at work though just winding down the day and having fun with it. He is right on Marcus R. though, we could use him right now. The longer he carries on, the sillier he looks. For example an 8% scoring diference is an advantage, but a 5% rebounding difference is virtually the same.

I'm amazed at the slack Majerus gets on this board. Yes he lost Mitchell and Reed, but for this team to be this bad in his 4th year is ridiculous. Guys get hurt, guys transfer and guys get suspended. It happens everywhere and the bottem doesn't have to drop out on the program. If Majerus is such a great recruiter what the heck are we looking at on the court? Where is the potential? He's paid a lot of money to bring in players and develop them. Not just 2 players but a team of players.

Name me a list of schools at the level of SLU prior to Majerus that has had similar situations since and their results.

If it's 2 guards compared to 1 then KM and WR should have the advantage in rebounds. They don't. Points, assists and rebounds are the major categorys. And it really isn't close.

The excuses keep piling up. There is no reason that this team should have so little room for error that it completely falls apart because it loses 2 players. I don't care if they are the team's best players. The Bills are now 5-9 and are a lock to fall to 5-11 after the next 2 games. Majerus has run off too many players and has not done a good job of recruiting and developing depth. With a new arena and a group of highly paid assistants it is inexcusable.

There's plenty of reason. When there are no Seniors and the two missing, best on your team players are Juniors, that's quite a task.

3 recruiting classes.

The excuses keep piling up. There is no reason that this team should have so little room for error that it completely falls apart because it loses 2 players. I don't care if they are the team's best players. The Bills are now 5-9 and are a lock to fall to 5-11 after the next 2 games. Majerus has run off too many players and has not done a good job of recruiting and developing depth. With a new arena and a group of highly paid assistants it is inexcusable.

There are many reasons, many listed, why SLU has little margin for error at this time.

A new Arena, coach's salaries etc...merely gets SLU in the game, not give them some great advantage over everyone else.

Notre Dame is an example of a team that lost it's leading scorer and it's point guard and still got better the next year. The former role players are stepping up. Xavier lost it's leading scorer and playmaker and it's leading rebounder and has come back and is respectable. Teams that are built with a solid foundation don't crumble like this. Sorry folks.

Mike Brey missed the NCAA's in his 4th, 5th, and 6th seasons at Notre Dame. He inherited a 22 win NIT Finals team, 6th place in the Big East Big Boy League.

If it's 2 guards compared to 1 then KM and WR should have the advantage in rebounds. They don't. Points, assists and rebounds are the major categorys. And it really isn't close.

Go away.

WR is a huge difference maker, 6'10" projected 1st rd NBA draft choice, a big that can post up and score, defend, block shots, rebound. And KM is outstanding.

Our 2 best players, bar none, juniors. Now we are 6th (or so) least experienced team of 300+ in NCAA.

A mid-major like SLU can not lose its two veteran STARS. And you know it.

So, go away.