Predictions about Monday

I know we're all waiting and hoping for some good news Monday. However, my prediction is that nothing is reported. We all want May or someone from his office to report that they have been readmitted. I'm betting it will be complete silence. I believe tomorrow is the first day they can reapply, so in theory they would submit the paperwork tomorrow and then it will be reviewed. May has made it sound as if there is no hurry here, so would you be surprised not to hear something for several days or a week? Obviously not what I'd like to see, and I hope I'm wrong, but the way this has been handled thus far I'll be shocked if we hear something from the school tomorrow.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know we're all waiting and hoping for some good news Monday. However, my prediction is that nothing is reported. We all want May or someone from his office to report that they have been readmitted. I'm betting it will be complete silence. I believe tomorrow is the first day they can reapply, so in theory they would submit the paperwork tomorrow and then it will be reviewed. May has made it sound as if there is no hurry here, so would you be surprised not to hear something for several days or a week? Obviously not what I'd like to see, and I hope I'm wrong, but the way this has been handled thus far I'll be shocked if we hear something from the school tomorrow.

I also believe that tomorrow is the first day they can reapply for admission. I believe that if they have fulfilled all their sanctions they will be readmitted. I, for one, hope that if they do come back they both redshirt, get their academics in good shape, be on course to graduate and be ready for a full season next year.

That is probably one of the biggest BS things... no on-campus housing. What a total joke. The fact that they all live together in the same area makes the team chemistry that much stronger. I can attest to this as I live in Grand Forest and would say that I definitely see them walking around together. It is proof of the great team chemistry we had and have. Trying to isolate them off campus does no one, no good. I think they would have learned their lesson with a 2 game suspension.

But going along with what others said earlier, I don't think that we are going to hear of anything tomorrow. It will probably be later.

That is probably one of the biggest BS things... no on-campus housing. What a total joke. The fact that they all live together in the same area makes the team chemistry that much stronger. I can attest to this as I live in Grand Forest and would say that I definitely see them walking around together. It is proof of the great team chemistry we had and have. Trying to isolate them off campus does no one, no good. I think they would have learned their lesson with a 2 game suspension.

But going along with what others said earlier, I don't think that we are going to hear of anything tomorrow. It will probably be later.

Clearly these guys are too dangerous to live on campus. Can you imagine have 20 year old guys living on campus who enjoy having sex with women?!?!?! That CANNOT be allowed!!!

Prediction? Another cluster-schtook. A mess. This was in SL Post:

The Billikens will prepare for Dayton's arrival Wednesday with the status of former players Kwamain Mitchell and Willie Reed up in the air. They are eligible to file for reinstatement to the university on Monday, but athletic director Chris May said he did not know their intentions.

"They have to finish the process,'' May said. "I anticipate we'll hear from them next week. They've got a process they need to present to the university."

The second semester begins Jan. 18.

Does this sound good? I know it is admministratior-civil-servant-bureaucrat-speak, but still... "I anticipate we'll hear from them next week?" WTF?

Prediction? Another cluster-schtook. A mess. This was in SL Post:

The Billikens will prepare for Dayton's arrival Wednesday with the status of former players Kwamain Mitchell and Willie Reed up in the air. They are eligible to file for reinstatement to the university on Monday, but athletic director Chris May said he did not know their intentions.

"They have to finish the process,'' May said. "I anticipate we'll hear from them next week. They've got a process they need to present to the university."

The second semester begins Jan. 18.

Does this sound good? I know it is admministratior-civil-servant-bureaucrat-speak, but still... "I anticipate we'll hear from them next week?" WTF?

-what do you want him to say?

-the next moves are KM and WR's, they have to apply to the U for reinstatemetnt, nothing can happen until they apply

-i am guessing their process is a bit different than your avg transfer student as they have to show they have completed the required elements to be eligible to be readmitted and the board/court whatever determines if they get in

-i am hoping they get reinstated and redshirt and play the next two seasons and we win back to back ncaa championships

I don't know anything of the process, but what I have experienced as a season ticket holder for many years makes me think that it will be a bunch of silence followed by a very ambiguous statement saying that KM and WR have not been readmitted but they are allowed to try for readmission next semester. This will be followed by much discussion by us leading to us hoping for the best while we go 9-21 this season but thinking that we have 2 seasons of KM and WR. Instead, we get both of them transferring to schools that don't jerk them around and we spend multiple seasons at the bottom of the A-10 as RM decides it isn't worth coaching for a team that constantly screws him over.

(Disclaimer: This was written after watching the Rams-Seattle game so please take it with a grain of salt.)

Here's Willie's latest facebook status from a few mintues ago:

That's messed up how some how something so small can become big.. If I say I care I care!

Not sure what that means, and if it is good or not. Spare me the facebook update rant. He posted it on facebook, and it was on my news feed, so I saw it and passed it on.

-what do you want him to say?

-the next moves are KM and WR's, they have to apply to the U for reinstatemetnt, nothing can happen until they apply

-i am guessing their process is a bit different than your avg transfer student as they have to show they have completed the required elements to be eligible to be readmitted and the board/court whatever determines if they get in

-i am hoping they get reinstated and redshirt and play the next two seasons and we win back to back ncaa championships

If they wanted to, SLU could make this happen quickly, in time for Wednesday's game. Both kids.

But May seems to be preparing us for a long bullsh*t process. So they will miss 2-3 games more, makes them even more likely to redshirt. Not optimal, but I would settle for that.

They messed with these kids since last May, a debacle, let a paid attorney in Student Court, against the Student Court bylaws. A farce. Etc. Etc.

If BOTH are not reinstated this semester to at least get back in school, then no more season tickets for me. I have had it.

Anyone else conisdering dropping their season tickets over this fiasco?

If they wanted to, SLU could make this happen quickly, in time for Wednesday's game. Both kids.

But May seems to be preparing us for a long bullsh*t process. So they will miss 2-3 games more, makes them even more likely to redshirt. Not optimal, but I would settle for that.

They messed with these kids since last May, a debacle, let a paid attorney in Student Court, against the Student Court bylaws. A farce. Etc. Etc.

If BOTH are not reinstated this semester to at least get back in school, then no more season tickets for me. I have had it.

Yes. I'm 100% done with season tickets if they are not let in. The way I see it...if I REALLY miss going I can always walk up and by one for 5 bucks. They are not going to sell out any time soon. The thing I will miss a lot are the folks around us at the games that we have come to know well (The Dude is the man), but ultimately I will not renew. I want to put my money into the Rams but if Murmur is back calling plays, I may just put it into the Blues or buy my wife something (OK maybe not that last item). There are better ways to spend money and I will explore all my options. You aren't alone.

Here's Willie's latest facebook status from a few mintues ago:

That's messed up how some how something so small can become big.. If I say I care I care!

Not sure what that means, and if it is good or not. Spare me the facebook update rant. He posted it on facebook, and it was on my news feed, so I saw it and passed it on.

I would assume this has nothing to do with the decision. Not 100% sure though.

+1.

As the moment draws closer I am beginning to think they will only let 1 of them back in. I pray this is not true.

I'm just a minor player with one upstairs seat so they ain't gonna miss me much. But after sitting through that ugly fiasco against Bowling flippin' Green the other night, I may decide that I have better things to do on cold winter nights. I swear Larry B is the Bill Bidwill of college basketball.

I've come to realize that a small Catholic school with no winning tradition is really going to have a tough time competing and recruiting in this age of the BCS. We get a great arena, a HOF coach and it looks like the same old crap results.

If we don't hear by Wednesday, the Rican will not be in 108.

i am more than likely done next year. I don't see SLU selling out soon, so I may pick and choose the games I want to see. They want total comittment from Alumni and we get nothing in return. I don't know how such a anticipated season could turn into such a cluster****.

If we don't hear by Wednesday, the Rican will not be in 108.

i am more than likely done next year. I don't see SLU selling out soon, so I may pick and choose the games I want to see. They want total comittment from Alumni and we get nothing in return. I don't know how such a anticipated season could turn into such a cluster****.

I have been attending SLU basketball games since I was a kid. Our family was friends with the Bennington's, so we went all the time. Been a loyal Billiken fan ever since. Played baseball there, missed two basketball games my entire college career and have been a season ticket holder for most of the time since. Stayed loyal through Coleman and Ekker eras, defended Soderberg way too much and had probably too high of expectations for this year. But if Willie and Kwamain are not allowed to re-enroll, I am done! I will become a strong Mizzou backer (something I never thought I'd say) and just tell Biondi, May and the rest of that gang to flush their program down the toilet.

I have been attending SLU basketball games since I was a kid. Our family was friends with the Bennington's, so we went all the time. Been a loyal Billiken fan ever since. Played baseball there, missed two basketball games my entire college career and have been a season ticket holder for most of the time since. Stayed loyal through Coleman and Ekker eras, defended Soderberg way too much and had probably too high of expectations for this year. But if Willie and Kwamain are not allowed to re-enroll, I am done! I will become a strong Mizzou backer (something I never thought I'd say) and just tell Biondi, May and the rest of that gang to flush their program down the toilet.

+1000

-so you think the next move is to be done by SLU not WR and KM? i disagree with that as i believe KM and WR reapplying is the next step, so the next step is on their (KM/WR's) timeline

-what can the U do in advance of their reapplying?

-IF they do not redshirt we have already been told they can't play until school starts

-my preference is for both to redshirt, while the A10 seems down this year (and so are we)and maybe there is a chance we could go on a streak to win the tourney, i would prefer two more years of this team plus KM/WR/Manning

Been going to games since I was 5 years old and have been a season ticket holder and have donated to the billiken club since I have graduated. If they dont get re-admitted, the St. Louis Blues are going to get my full commitment.

I have been a casual fan since I graduated over a decade ago. That all changed a few years ago with the new coach and especially the new building. My hopes and dreams seemed to be finally coming to fruition--SLU was getting serious about its basketball program and was finally going to be a player. After last year's wonderful season, I had the money set aside to buy season tickets this year. I had my seats picked out and couldn't wait for the start of season. I was literally counting the days as soon as I walked out of the Fetz after the final loss to VCU last season. Then...well you all know what went down. Needless to say I never purchased those season tickets, and it doesn't look good moving forward either. This debacle has been such a huge disaster for the program. I still can't wrap my head around it. Bottom line, they didn't get my money this season and they won't be getting it next year unless our boys are let back in. I am stubborn enough that I am sure I will give the program another shot, but as is being voiced on here, many people are in the same boat as me and are starting to pull away from a program that doesn't seem to care about itself.