Post game thoughts

You may be right about hitting guys cutting for lay ups but CE and RL have had plenty of open looks from 3.

They are getting the ball with time to shoot but arent hitting the shot.

Thats not bad passing thats bad shooting.

good shots come with Rhythm - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Rhythm is a "movement marked by the regulated succession of strong and weak elements, or of opposite or different conditions

Majerus' post-game press conference from Springfield this weekend.

from the point the reporter asks "how would they (southwest missouri state college) do in the a-10" that is really painfull rambling to listen to and he never does answer the question.

from the point the reporter asks "how would they (southwest missouri state college) do in the a-10" that is really painfull rambling to listen to and he never does answer the question.

The question was classic baiting by a reporter and didn't deserve a response.

If Majerus says they'd do real well, people would say he's hating on the A-10. If he says they wouldn't do well then he'd be hating on MSU.

I'm glad he didn't answer the question directly.

I listened to part of it and it's painful. But you know what he really wants to say, "Look, I'm starting 4 freshman. Ever since I've got here I've had to count on freshman. Just like John Calipari, with the difference being his young guys leave for the NBA, mine leave for other reasons. To be successful we have to be a team that must build a good blend of vets and young guys who learn from them in practice. We're not that today, although we should have been. And as of right now I can't tell you when we'll get there, because there's too much uncertainty surrounding the readmission of our two best veteran players who were railroaded by 7 feminazis, some punka** pre law students, and a drunk young woman who suddenly found Jesus. Thanks for your time. See you in Cancun."

Wrong. Rickma could easily have satisfied both. He had already said a number of times that southwest missouri state college will win the conference. so even if he tells the reporter the truth that they would likely finish 4th or 5th in the a-10 I don't see how that p!sses off the bear reporters.

Wrong. Rickma could easily have satisfied both. He had already said a number of times that southwest missouri state college will win the conference. so even if he tells the reporter the truth that they would likely finish 4th or 5th in the a-10 I don't see how that p!sses off the bear reporters.

Seems like saying "MSU is good enough to win the MVC but would only finish 4-5 in the A-10" would stir up plenty of controversy. Why would he want to go there?

Because it's true. And like I said, he already said they were good numerous times. If it hurts their feelings to heaR richmond, xavier, temple and maybe duquesne and rhode island are better that's their problem

But if you are truly concerned about hurting their feelins, then when the question is asked just say i'd prefer to not answer instead of a minute and a half of pain.

Because it's true. And like I said, he already said they were good numerous times. If it hurts their feelings to heaR richmond, xavier, temple and maybe duquesne and rhode island are better that's their problem

But if you are truly concerned about hurting their feelins, then when the question is asked just say i'd prefer to not answer instead of a minute and a half of pain.

Roy, we get that you don't like RM. Everyone gets it. And yes, the man rambles during his press conferences. But you complaining that he didn't cause a controversey in response to a baited question seems a bit much.

Besides, he had already taken plenty of stabs at MSU for their decision not to schedule us next year. Funny how you didn't bother to compliment him on that part...

I really liked what I saw from Cassity, Jett, and McCall in terms of driving to the basket.

I'm not sure if it is a long term strategy shift, but the three of them drove on the baseline over and over again. It is reflected in Jett and McCall's stat lines. Each of them had one assist. Cassity had 5 assists. I can't remember how he was distributing the ball though. Some posters have been arguing that Jett/McCall are or are not good passers. I think they are much better at attacking than they are at passing, so I'd rather them do that for the time being.

We also shot 42 of 54 total shots from inside the 3-point line. I find that to be very promising, considering there is no Mitchell and Reed.

FWIW, I am showing Mo St wins MVC and would finish 4th in the A-10 behind Richmond, Temple & Duq.

I thought we played OK in Springfield, not great but OK. Mo St had what may be their best night of the season against us. Shooting 63.6% is in no way nornal. Yet with their best night ever they pretty much only beat us by the spread (16 vs 13 projected) If they shoot their normal 46% we win.

I feel like we played pretty well but we were just overmatched in the paint. I wish Cory would of gotten more because he gives us our best interior defense. I feel the turning point in the game was at the 6 minute mark in the second half the lead was 7 and Rick puts in Salecich, Eckerle, Loe, Evans and Ellis. SMS lead went to 13 and the game was over.

McCall, Jett, Cassity, and Evans were getting to the basket at will and did a tremendous job of finishing at the basket. A nice surprise was only having 7 turnovers, our guards played well. The thing that killed us on the offensive end was the missed wide open 3's. We were 2-12

I like Chaifetz a little bit more but both facilities are top notch on campus arenas. Thought their crowd would be a lot better to be honest.

Finally Jordair Jett had his first facial of his youg career. I feel we are going to see a lot of that in the next 3 years. Just a straight nasty dunk.

Nice summary.

Don't understand why Cory didn't play more. Rob couldn't stop Creekmore and the reason he's out there right now- his shot- simply wasn't on.

No one could stop Weems. That kid was lights out and scored in a variety of ways. Evans was bad on defense in this game. As promising as all freshmen are, they've all got a ways to go on their D.

I wouldn't think MO State would shoot 64% in a game against us again but we still didn't defend particularly well.

Neither team turned it over much, and I would have (yet again) liked to see more driving from Jett and McCall, who both played well nonetheless. Cassity once again had one of his characteristically quiet, solid all-around games.

I like Chaifetz better as well; our arena uses its space more effectively than any other new-ish facility I've seen. JQH only seats another 1,000+ more and feels much, much bigger. They use the home team's color a little better, which is really the only thing I liked more.

$40 for a round-trip bus ride, beer and snacks on the bus, some pregame food, and a ticket was a really great deal, and I can't imagine I'd be able to come up with a cheaper way to do a road game, no matter how many of my friends all pitched in. Great job by the AD on this one, and a big thanks to everyone who helped out. Nice group of people went along.

Roy, we get that you don't like RM. Everyone gets it. And yes, the man rambles during his press conferences. But you complaining that he didn't cause a controversey in response to a baited question seems a bit much.

Besides, he had already taken plenty of stabs at MSU for their decision not to schedule us next year. Funny how you didn't bother to compliment him on that part...

and we all know you wish you had the opportunity to wake up in bed with rickma every morning.

i fail to see where putting the bears in 4th or 5th place in the much superior conference causes a controversy.

and we all know you wish you had the opportunity to wake up in bed with rickma every morning.

i fail to see where putting the bears in 4th or 5th place in the much superior conference causes a controversy.

It shouldnt but it would.

Reporters are looking for reasons to stir the pot, especially with a vocal guy like Majerus.

It wouldnt bother me if he said Mo-State would finish 4th or 5th in the A-10 but you know some people would try to make a story out of it.

Mo-sate fans and MVC fans would act like they are pissed and disrespected.

The best thing for him to say in that situation is something like "Mo-State would make the A-10 a stronger conference. It would be nice to play them in league play and we would enjoy the conference rivalry. Im not sure how they would finish but they are a strong team and can compete with any team in college basketball."

There is no need to determine where Mo-State would finish in the A-10 because we really dont know and no matter where you place them a reproter can spin that in any direction he wants. Answering that question will either get the A-10 mad or the MVC mad. Again, it should'nt but it would.

Im not sure if the people representing these conferences are babies or just enjoy stirring the pot but you know as well as everyone else on this board that ansering the question directly would of caused some type of anger.

I listened to part of it and it's painful. But you know what he really wants to say, "Look, I'm starting 4 freshman. Ever since I've got here I've had to count on freshman. Just like John Calipari, with the difference being his young guys leave for the NBA, mine leave for other reasons. To be successful we have to be a team that must build a good blend of vets and young guys who learn from them in practice. We're not that today, although we should have been. And as of right now I can't tell you when we'll get there, because there's too much uncertainty surrounding the readmission of our two best veteran players who were railroaded by 7 feminazis, some punka** pre law students, and a drunk young woman who suddenly found Jesus. Thanks for your time. See you in Cancun."

Great post