Major A-10 Weakness tonight

SLU_Nick

I know a lot of people will disagree with me, but I just don't believe Moser is a good head coach, and I don't feel as though he should replace RM. He has shown an ability to recruit, but his track record of actually winning games isn't great.

Any replacement after RM will seem like a disappointment unless they are the same caliber as RM in terms of notoriety. PM will be a little bit of a let down in comparison to RM even though PM is the man. PM brings a little class to the coaching staff from a PR standpoint where RM lacks.

I know a lot of people will disagree with me, but I just don't believe Moser is a good head coach, and I don't feel as though he should replace RM. He has shown an ability to recruit, but his track record of actually winning games isn't great.

He coached a crap team at UALR and they went from 4 wins (year before Moser) to 18 wins (moser's first year). He took an ISU team that was poor and did an ok job with them. In Jankovich's first year, ISU won 25 games on the back of PM's recruits. Also, i'm guessing that he has learned a thing or two from RM.

Any replacement after RM will seem like a disappointment unless they are the same caliber as RM in terms of notoriety. PM will be a little bit of a let down in comparison to RM even though PM is the man. PM brings a little class to the coaching staff from a PR standpoint where RM lacks.

This is true. He is a class act, which is worth a lot.

He coached a crap team at UALR and they went from 4 wins (year before Moser) to 18 wins (moser's first year). He took an ISU team that was poor and did an ok job with them. In Jankovich's first year, ISU won 25 games on the back of PM's recruits. Also, i'm guessing that he has learned a thing or two from RM.

That's part of my point, though. He had talent his last 2 seasons at ISU and had 2 losing seasons, and when he left they excelled.

This is true. He is a class act, which is worth a lot.

That's part of my point, though. He had talent his last 2 seasons at ISU and had 2 losing seasons, and when he left they excelled.

I tend to think that in-game coaching is slightly overrated. Recruiting, hiring good assistants and staying out of your own way is even more important. Look at John Calipari, Frank Martin, Bruce Pearl etc. All guys who are not great in game coaches yet have teams ranked in the top 25.

While RM is doing a tremendous job recruiting, he is not irreplaceable. He is for the most part not landing the top ranked guys, but rather getting under the radar type of guys. If we start winning on a consistent basis, we will be able to land more of the higher rated type of guys.

I tend to think that in-game coaching is slightly overrated. Recruiting, hiring good assistants and staying out of your own way is even more important. Look at John Calipari, Frank Martin, Bruce Pearl etc. All guys who are not great in game coaches yet have teams ranked in the top 25.

While RM is doing a tremendous job recruiting, he is not irreplaceable. He is for the most part not landing the top ranked guys, but rather getting under the radar type of guys. If we start winning on a consistent basis, we will be able to land more of the higher rated type of guys.

Whenever we land McDonald's All-American's year in and year out we can have a coach who's not a good in game coach. Calipari is also the only one out of those three that I would call a terrible x's and o's coach.

The facts don't lie, Porter hasn't been a huge sucess as head coach. Now, that's not to say he couldn't be here, I just tend to think we could land a better coach.

With all of that said, I hope we don't have to worry about this for awhile, but it is what it is.

I was partly joking, but the point is that it was a lot because of Hughes that some of SLU's best players in the past 15 years came.

I understand why you said Hughes was a good recruiter, but he wasn't the best recruiter. No way he was better than RM. Aside from the obvious, I thought there was something more to the post.

Whenever we land McDonald's All-American's year in and year out we can have a coach who's not a good in game coach. Calipari is also the only one out of those three that I would call a terrible x's and o's coach.

The facts don't lie, Porter hasn't been a huge sucess as head coach. Now, that's not to say he couldn't be here, I just tend to think we could land a better coach.With all of that said, I hope we don't have to worry about this for awhile, but it is what it is.

I think that's a very fair assessment. Personally, I think Porter would be a good successor, but it would definitely be riskier than some other proven coaches. If SLU is willing to shell out a million dollars for a coach and maybe even more, then I think we could find a more proven coach.

I think that's a very fair assessment. Personally, I think Porter would be a good successor, but it would definitely be riskier than some other proven coaches. If SLU is willing to shell out a million dollars for a coach and maybe even more, then I think we could find a more proven coach.

-nothing intended here just hoping we are getting WAY ahead of ourselves

Larry Hughes attracted other players to play at SLU. His whole class of recruits, Baniak, Tatum, Heinrich and then Justin Love also. If we could have gotten Lamar Odom into school here, he would have come to.

Derreck Thomas played a huge role in getting the Tatum class to come to SLU.

Thomas came with Hughes and Thomas brought the rest.