Frank C Today

kevinfootes

On 590 this morning Frankie said that he spoke with Willie Reed Sr. Sr. claimed that Jr. had gone to St. Louis to see his girlfriend and got caught up in the moment. Sr. is still saying that Jr. is not coming back to SLU. Sr. was also going to have a metting at SLU today (didn't specify the audience). Also, per Frankie, Sr. is still threatening a lawsuit against SLU.

One more thing...Frankie says that Willie Jr. has done none of the community service that would be required to get him back in school. Does anyone know how many hours were required...and if it could be completed before the next semester starts?

(sorry if this has already been posted)

If Willie wants to come back, how can his father intend to sue? Willie isn't going to sue a school he is trying to reenroll in.

Which may be why Sr. is so adament about it. Can't win a lawsuit when the plaintiff won't press charges.

Which may be why Sr. is so adament about it. Can't win a lawsuit when the plaintiff won't press charges.

That's an interesting twist. If Willie is allowed back he can't sue. If he isn't, he very well may..

I think SLU would win the case (the only issue I see is their breach of policy with the lawyer), but they probably hate the idea of a public trial. I wonder if this is being discussed in DuBourg

WR has no real leg to stand on regarding a lawsuit. If he had the lawsuit would have already been filed. While SLU may not have handled the situation as well as it could have been they have not done anything that would result in them loosing a lawsuit. WR attends SLU as a student and must abide by the school's decisions. SLU would have to be proven to have discriminated against him and from all that has been shared on the situation there is no discrimination that took place. Of course any fool can sue anybody regardless if it has merit or not.

Frank has never been very reliable reporting Billiken news. He usually has less inside info than people on this board.

So, WR, sr may be in this for the money when all is said and done. I think he and Willie should have a nice sit down after their Turkey dinner and iron out a few things. Nate reported WR told him he'd done 22 hours of community service. And since his girlfriend lives in ST. L or goes to SLU, well we all know how powerful a draw that is in selecting a school you want to play for. Crazy deal all the way around.

WR has no real leg to stand on regarding a lawsuit. If he had the lawsuit would have already been filed. While SLU may not have handled the situation as well as it could have been they have not done anything that would result in them loosing a lawsuit. WR attends SLU as a student and must abide by the school's decisions. SLU would have to be proven to have discriminated against him and from all that has been shared on the situation there is no discrimination that took place. Of course any fool can sue anybody regardless if it has merit or not.

SLU found him guilty of participating in some manner in a sexual assault and kicked him out of school. The proceedings were a kangaroo court where SLU didn't follow its own procedures. He was told SLU representative (AD department) that parents weren't needed. He shows up with lawyer and parents for accused being allowed. Because SLU didn't follow its own rules, it gives appearance of deliberate deceit of a student athlete by SLU.

There's much more than discrimination. There's slander, libel and taking his scholarship away without SLU's stated policy for due process. SLU could be in a world of hurt if spun the right way. Throw in the potential racial elements of this case, a city jury....

Has anyone started asking WR Sr. any hardball questions? "When is the last time you talked to your son?" "Is he living with you now?" "Do you still claim him as a dependent on your tax returns?" "How many of your son's basketball games have you seen?"

+1

If Willie wants to come back, how can his father intend to sue? Willie isn't going to sue a school he is trying to reenroll in.

This is a direct quote off of WR Facebook page: "Everyone my dad has no impact on my decision to attend slu in the spring semester... If slu wants me back then I will be back! I love slu!"

SLU found him guilty of participating in some manner in a sexual assault and kicked him out of school. The proceedings were a kangaroo court where SLU didn't follow its own procedures. He was told SLU representative (AD department) that parents weren't needed. He shows up with lawyer and parents for accused being allowed. Because SLU didn't follow its own rules, it gives appearance of deliberate deceit of a student athlete by SLU.

There's much more than discrimination. There's slander, libel and taking his scholarship away without SLU's stated policy for due process. SLU could be in a world of hurt if spun the right way. Throw in the potential racial elements of this case, a city jury....

Actually they were found guilty of sexual harassment that is a long way from sexual assault. Whether the proceedings were a kangaroo court or not is not the question. The question is whether the school has a right to suspend them and they do. By the way the conduct court did not suspend them the administration did when they set aside the court's decision and went with a suspension for one semester and an avenue to get reinstated. Whether they should have been is not the issue either. What WRsr would have to show is that the school dealt with WR differently then they do other students with similar issues. From what others have posted on this board it sounds like suspension or expulsion has been the SOP. SLU has not made any public statements other than that the two were no longer enrolled at SLU - which was a fact. Also, to my knowledge SLU has not written and released anything on the two regarding this matter. Ergo, no slander or libel at play. If there was proof of a racial issue then the lawsuit would have been filed already because then there would have been a element of discrimination since not I doubt there is any proof. You need to calm down and look at it from an objective eye as a lawyer would - so far nothing points to any reputable one interested in the case unless the suit is fee based then many lawyers would be happy to take your money even if there is not a real foundation for a lawsuit.

Actually they were found guilty of sexual harassment that is a long way from sexual assault. Whether the proceedings were a kangaroo court or not is not the question. The question is whether the school has a right to suspend them and they do. By the way the conduct court did not suspend them the administration did when they set aside the court's decision and went with a suspension for one semester and an avenue to get reinstated. Whether they should have been is not the issue either. What WRsr would have to show is that the school dealt with WR differently then they do other students with similar issues. From what others have posted on this board it sounds like suspension or expulsion has been the SOP. SLU has not made any public statements other than that the two were no longer enrolled at SLU - which was a fact. Also, to my knowledge SLU has not written and released anything on the two regarding this matter. Ergo, no slander or libel at play. If there was proof of a racial issue then the lawsuit would have been filed already because then there would have been a element of discrimination since not I doubt there is any proof. You need to calm down and look at it from an objective eye as a lawyer would - so far nothing points to any reputable one interested in the case unless the suit is fee based then many lawyers would be happy to take your money even if there is not a real foundation for a lawsuit.

I'm not a lwyer and can't speak to the merits of the case, but a lawsuit would be bad for the school and bad for the program.

Frank said today he spoke with some of the coaching staff and they believe that WR hasnt completed any community service even though he is saying he has half of it completed. The reason they dont believe him according to FC is because he hasnt been to honest in the past.

From everything I have seen, read, and heard regarding WRsr I think it is fair to conclude that he is a bozo. Based on this conclusion, I have never heard of a bozo organizing a lawsuit against a school with lots of resources that does not get completely crushed. I would be willing to bet any action from WRsr will be met and put down extremely quickly by the school.

Bozo.

I'm not a lwyer and can't speak to the merits of the case, but a lawsuit would be bad for the school and bad for the program.

Any lawsuit is not good for anybody or group - it takes attention away from the core mission. I have a lot of experience with educational law and I am very certain given what has been shared so far that a lawsuit would be unsuccessful and a waste of both side's time. My guess is WRsr is a bag of wind and has no intention of suing the school - besides I think WR is an adult so he would have to file the suit himself and father would have no standing.