Would Willie come back?

Billsrmajic

I noticed this weekend that someone posted Willie's Facebook status where he referred to SLU as "my team". That doesn't sound like someone who has forgotten his friends.

If you think about this in terms of a 20-year-old kid, there is definitely some attraction for Willie to come back to SLU. There is a comfort level to SLU for him. He knows the coaches, academic advisors, some profs. He's made friends over the past two years. He knows the basketball system, and he knows he's needed on the court.

There have been rumors of him enrolling in another 4-year school or a JC. I have no idea if this is true, but I'm thinking that few schools start new classes in Oct., Nov., or Dec. So he's probably sitting home, deciding what to do. He's probably missing his friends at SLU.

I'm sure many of the posters on here are Facebook friends with Willie (and Kwamain). How about giving them some love via FB. Let them know they are wanted back in STL. Hell, they might even read this board.

If so, Come Back Willie! The Bills need you!

And if Kwamain is reading this, same goes for you. Come back! We need you!

I'm hopeful that sentiment for Willie's return is 100% positive. For those of you who think he was unfairly treated, obviously you'd welcome him back. For those of you who believe he was justly treated, hopefully you believe in second chances.

I noticed this weekend that someone posted Willie's Facebook status where he referred to SLU as "my team". That doesn't sound like someone who has forgotten his friends.

If you think about this in terms of a 20-year-old kid, there is definitely some attraction for Willie to come back to SLU. There is a comfort level to SLU for him. He knows the coaches, academic advisors, some profs. He's made friends over the past two years. He knows the basketball system, and he knows he's needed on the court.

There have been rumors of him enrolling in another 4-year school or a JC. I have no idea if this is true, but I'm thinking that few schools start new classes in Oct., Nov., or Dec. So he's probably sitting home, deciding what to do. He's probably missing his friends at SLU.

I'm sure many of the posters on here are Facebook friends with Willie (and Kwamain). How about giving them some love via FB. Let them know they are wanted back in STL. Hell, they might even read this board.

I'm hopeful that sentiment for Willie's return is 100% positive. For those of you who think he was unfairly treated, obviously you'd welcome him back. For those of you who believe he was justly treated, hopefully you believe in second chances.

As much as it would be in almost unanimous interest to have Willie back as a part of the team, I think the likelihood of him actually coming back is nothing short of 0%. He has already been released from his scholarship and things most certainly ended on a sour note between the Athletic Dept and his family.

For what it's worth, I've heard some rumors going around that WR may indeed try to come back. Based on what the Reeds and RM were saying a month ago, it seems like an unlikely turn of events. WR thinks he can be an NBA player. He has to ask himself what would be the best situation to make that happen.

He wants to come back but doesnt feel like he should have to do they things SLU is requiring him to do in order to re-enroll. If he truly thinks he did nothing wrong then I dont blame him at all.

Westy-

Sounds like you read his FB status from earlier today.

I'll give Willie this, he definitely supports the basketball team on fb and obviously misses SLU, the team, and his friends.

I think his Dad burned a lot of bridges with his on-air rants about SLU. That would be a lot of pride to swallow if his son came back to SLU not to mention SLU accepting him.

That said, I'm not going to allow myself to think that its a possibility. But don't you think it makes the most sense for everyone involved (especially Willie)?

Westy-

Sounds like you read his FB status from earlier today.

I'll give Willie this, he definitely supports the basketball team on fb and obviously misses SLU, the team, and his friends.

I think his Dad burned a lot of bridges with his on-air rants about SLU. That would be a lot of pride to swallow if his son came back to SLU not to mention SLU accepting him.

That said, I'm not going to allow myself to think that its a possibility. But don't you think it makes the most sense for everyone involved (especially Willie)?

Spot on RE: Willie's dad burning bridges. It would be awfully hard for Willie to come back following his father's actions.

I agree. It would be best for Willie's basketball career if he came back to SLU but who knows what him and his family are thinking. They burned a lot of bridges but if what has come out about the process is true then I dont really blame him for not wanting to bend over backwards to re-enroll at SLU.

I agree. It would be best for Willie's basketball career if he came back to SLU but who knows what him and his family are thinking. They burned a lot of bridges but if what has come out about the process is true then I dont really blame him for not wanting to bend over backwards to re-enroll at SLU.

If Willie wants to play basketball in the near future it is his quickest way back.

If Willie wants to play basketball in the near future it is his quickest way back.

Exactly, which is why I think he will lean more and more towards coming back. I am sure he and Kwamain keep in touch and I bet once he sees Kwamain close to coming back he will be drawn as well.

Exactly, which is why I think he will lean more and more towards coming back. I am sure he and Kwamain keep in touch and I bet once he sees Kwamain close to coming back he will be drawn as well.

But its not like he can just re-enroll. There were specific guidelines for him to follow in order for him to re-enroll and I doubt he has been doing those things. I still say this has a 0% chance of happening

But its not like he can just re-enroll. There were specific guidelines for him to follow in order for him to re-enroll and I doubt he has been doing those things. I still say this has a 0% chance of happening

I would like to think those guidelines could be worked thru, but knowing SLU I wouldn't bet on it.

The administration would be utterly stupid not to do whatever is necessary to readmit Willie as long as he can be made academically eligible. If Willie came back, it would be a one semester ride then declare for the draft. He could give the basketball program, and by extension the entire athletic department, a boost in the process. There is no downside for SLU. It's like renting a player for a push to make the playoffs. Both sides get what they want then part ways. It's the quickest way for Willie to start playing bball again. It's the best way for SLU to put the bball program back on its feet.

Both sides would have to swallow their pride to make it happen. Even though it is in their mutual interest to compromise (i.e., the University and Willie plus his father), I'd would really be surprised to see it happen. I've never seen a player released who comes back. Anybody know of a precedent?

I don't know enough to comment on his chances of coming back, but would suggest his dad's rants would matter only to his dad. I would think WR's reenrollment would require he meet all of the court's penalties including the apology letter, which WR says he's not writing. Also, wasn't there an academic issue involved with WR? That could make it really hard for reacceptance. As much as we'd all like to see WR and KM take to the court in mid January, it's probably not going to happen. And if WR doesn't come back, I'd just as soon see KM sit it out and play his full year next season. Neither of them will likely be in game shape and will have some rust to shake off. I think we are what we are today, and what we've got to root for is player development.

Someone should start a bring Kwamain and Willie back facebook page....let's see if we can get it to grow to 5,000 members...you never know if we can get them to come back....

There would need to be a lot of pride swallowed in order for Willie to come back and I know the perfect person to bring these people together....Andre Miller. Rick needs to get on the phone with Andre and have him call both Willie and Kwamain. The context is a little different for both of them but in the end the message is the same...get back to SLU. Maybe Rick can arrange a Beer Summit like Obama. Can you imagine Biondi, Andre Miller, Reed Sr., Reed Jr, Kwamain and Rick at a table?

Secondly, if I were Rick, I would march over to Biondi's office and tell him: "Look, we are playing Rockhurst for the second straight year per your request...I need you to make sure that the admission process for these two kids goes smoothly. I guarantee you that I will play Rockhurst for the next 50 years if you can ensure me of that."

I still want some evidence that he has been released from his scholarship. I haven't seen a press release and I don't think Tommy T has ever written about it. Maybe the thought is that if they are "no longer enrolled at SLU" that there scholarships are gone. I don't even think that the original press release about Willie and Kwamain is up on slubillikens.com. I may have missed it but is there evidence that their scholarships are gone?

The best thing for Willie is to get back to SLU. It doesn't make sense to sit out a year and a half and transfer schools. His goal is the NBA and with a monster second half he can achieve that goal and be rolling in the millions in June.

Sorry for the optimism but I am a Chicago Cubs fan....all we have had is hope for 104 years....2011 is our year!

Official Billikens.com sponsor of Kevin Shortal.

speaking of rockhurst, why dont we schedule rockhurst but then not schedule either the likes of cardinal stretch and bosa nova?

Well done NH!

Free Willie and Kwamain!

Official Billikens.com sponsor of Kevin Shortal

Invite your friends and tell them to invite their friends. You never know what will convince Willie or cement Kwamains opinion.