Majerus on 590 tomorrow

StlBills

Did you even listen to the interview? Willie the golden child?

That sure was a curious comment. Similar to one made recently by our old friend postal on the stl board. I'm sure the recent return of postal on the stl board talking about the KM/WR situation and the creation of "BillyBilly" on here talking incessantly about the WR/KM situation is merely a coincidence. :rolleyes::o:blink:

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess I should have explained. Behind the scenes the program is in shambles

if you are going to make a statement like that and expect us to go along or at least go by it, you better have more to offer in specifics and proof. otherwise dont bring it. so please enlighten us as to why the program is in shambles.

I am a Billikens fan on the Left Coast, born and raised in the STL, who just discovered this board while doing a google search.

Behind the scenes the program is in shambles and that could trickle over to on the court problems this year and the following year.

Forgive us if we're wondering how someone on the "Left Coast" could be so plugged in to the behind-the-scenes working of the program.

I guess I should have explained. Behind the scenes the program is in shambles and that could trickle over to on the court problems this year and the following year.

Maybe I need to stop repeating what I am saying, however I think I can justify everything said in terms of predictions and facts of the conference being better, the schedule being harder and our roster being worse than last season.

Now this post sounds like volfan.

Now this post sounds like volfan.

I don't think volfan has been banned, has he? Also, it seems like volfan would make one post and then disappear. This one is a lot more active. I think sshoe nailed it, but regardless of who it is, the main point is that the board has quickly smoked this troll out. We have gotten better at it. Rather than let this drag on for too long like sometimes happened in the past, eliminate the problem now. If he pops again, the board will be able to recognize it quickly. The trolls usually try to be a little more subtle when they come back, but since their sole purpose is to stir up crap, it will come to the surface.

I disagree, the roster we have now is not less talented than last years. The additional players this year are a definite upgrade over a few we have lost, not counting KM.

Doris, welcome to the Board and I believe you made a great 1st post.

For our most active recent poster, Billy squared, I don't believe anyone is saying what you seem to imply. No one says this years team is better than it would have been with KM & WR. What some,including Doris and me, are saying is that this years team has a chance to be better than last years team.

How could that be?

1. We only lose KM for one semester

2. BC will be healthly all year

3. KC will be more like the KC we saw at the end of last year than the early KC

4. CE will be with the team all year

5. CE will be in better shape than last yr.

6. WR still would have asked to come out of every game he played due to being out of shape

7. CR will be much improved over last yr

8. CS will be an improved shooter

9. MM,JJ (the 3rd),DE and RL as a group add more to the team than we lost with a non-motivated WR (see RM MAC comments), JS and JJ the 2nd. This last point is obviously speculation since I haven't seen them play, but is based on comments from recruiting services and Billikens.com posters who have seen them.

10. We start the season with a better reputation with the media etc and that will be important when it's time for NCAA/NIT bids to be issued. It's always better to start with a healthly dose of respect than having to work your way up the rankings from being only an after thought.

Finally, Billy squared, I wouldn't let myself be misled by the few whoa-is-me posters on this Board, many of whom overreacted immediately after the announcement and promised to withdraw their $$$ and season ticket status. Most of them have likely calmed down and are awaiting the start of the season. Given my 10 pts above, I think this can be the best STL MBB team in the past 20-30 years, only to get better next year with two new recruits, the addition of Jake Whats-his-name, and the continued improvement of the rest of the squad.

I, for one, feel excited about where we are right now.

1) You can't figure out who I am

2) I did not reserve my comments in order to "latch on" to the importance of being on this board.

Maybe that's because ................... I am my own person, just a fan who came across this site, joined and has given his two cents.

I am fair in my analysis, whether you like it or not this team has a ton of question marks. A month ago, they did not.

Think what you want to think, but I am not a troll. Just a newcomber with his own opinion.

2) I did not reserve my comments in order to "latch on" to the importance of being on this board.

Maybe that's because ................... I am my own person, just a fan who came across this site, joined and has given his two cents.

I am fair in my analysis, whether you like it or not this team has a ton of question marks. A month ago, they did not.

Think what you want to think, but I am not a troll. Just a newcomber with his own opinion.

i just want you to explain your "program in a shambles" statement or else take it back and apologize.

two dismissed players do not = a ton of question marks. so no you are not fair in your analysis. as bauman very well documented, even losing mitchell and kstateboy doesnt spell the end of the billikens by any means.

Why not? You're Phil from the West Coast, right? :lol:

Why not? You're Phil from the West Coast, right? :lol:

i keep thinking of the old joke about "phil the puss sucker". and just like billy squared that wasnt very funny either, just sick.

false.

Of course at the same time, he's smart enough to know that the program could use a little positive spin.

Three of four possibilities come to mind as to Billybilly's real ID. But who cares? We need trolls like this if for nothing else to see guys like Jimbo, backhand, DaVola beat him down. He's not a Billiken fan who lives in Malibu but rather in his mom's basement somewhere in Edwardsville. Beneath his veneer of "telling like it is" of course beats the heart of a true Billiken baiter. I'm sure we'll be treated to his objective analysis for awhile. At least until the Bills start winning a few we shouldn't win.