KSDK 5 report on the situation

billiken_roy

If someone is kicked off the team, suspended or penalized in any way will you then acknowledge that it is no longer alledged? Hasn't a not so good ruling been already handed down that is currently being appealed?

I have no problems with immoral things like threesomes and the cleveland steamer but there is more to this story than you are willing to recognize

Why don't we wait to hear what the reasons are when the appeal is ruled on before we start guessing what has happened here.

What is becoming clear to me is this ruling was leaked because someone wants to tell a narative before the process is complete. It is a shame this wasn't kept private like it is supposed to be until the process is over.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='kmbilliken' timestamp='1285779620' post='244671'

I was under the impression the whole process is confidential. Will anything ever be revealed besides the punishment?

-given the strict confidences that have been violated here i would not be surprised if we learned all or at least a lot more, at least from one side

Why don't we wait to hear what the reasons are when the appeal is ruled on before we start guessing what has happened here.

What is becoming clear to me is this ruling was leaked because someone wants to tell a narative before the process is complete. It is a shame this wasn't kept private like it is supposed to be until the process is over.

I wouldn't be surprised if P.B. was the one leaking info.

He acts like he is the only one that knows what happened. In reality, he's the only one that thinks he knows what happened and is willing to take to a message board to remind everyone else they are wrong

P.B. why are you so certain you know what happened?

If you are on the conduct board you are violating standard policy.

If you are not on the board, then someone is leaking info and that person is violating standard policy.

If you were there that night, then please tell us explicitly what happened.

Why are you the only one that knows what happened?

I wouldn't be surprised if P.B. was the one leaking info.

He acts like he is the only one that knows what happened. In reality, he's the only one that thinks he knows what happened and is willing to take to a message board to remind everyone else they are wrong

P.B. why are you so certain you know what happened?

If you are on the conduct board you are violating standard policy.

If you are not on the board, then someone is leaking info and that person is violating standard policy.

If you were there that night, then please tell us explicitly what happened.

Why are you the only one that knows what happened?

Here is the reality Eckelkamp. I am the board and make all decisions.

This information is known by a whole lot of people guy, try asking around campus. Many people know a lot more then me but either dont care about basketball enough (most of them) to post anything on this site or would rather not say anything. If you take a couple of pieces of information and connect a couple of dots you get to where everyone else is who knows what happened

Do you want anymore more leaked information and yes I am also the one who leaked the information about the war in Afghanistan and did that special on Fox about revealing magic tricks

Here is the reality Eckelkamp. I am the board and make all decisions.

This information is known by a whole lot of people guy, try asking around campus. Many people know a lot more then me but either dont care about basketball enough (most of them) to post anything on this site or would rather not say anything. If you take a couple of pieces of information and connect a couple of dots you get to where everyone else is who knows what happened

Do you want anymore more leaked information and yes I am also the one who leaked the information about the war in Afghanistan and did that special on Fox about revealing magic tricks

And there is the b.s. of this whole situation. Besides the 3 or 4 people that were there that night and the STL police that investigated, how could ANYONE know what actually happened??? All you have heard are SLU rumors that get circulated around and you have pieced together the dots to come to a factual conclusion? Give me a break. The same goes for "docs" or those posters on there that get PM'd with private info and suddenly think they KNOW what happened.

Unless you were there or heard the testimonies all you are doing is guessing and for those people then to come on here with comments about all the misinformation is just wrong. How do you know that the info you have heard from the SLU rumor mill isn't the misinformation?

And there is the b.s. of this whole situation. Besides the 3 or 4 people that were there that night and the STL police that investigated, how could ANYONE know what actually happened??? All you have heard are SLU rumors that get circulated around and you have pieced together the dots to come to a factual conclusion? Give me a break. The same goes for "docs" or those posters on there that get PM'd with private info and suddenly think they KNOW what happened.

Unless you were there or heard the testimonies all you are doing is guessing and for those people then to come on here with comments about all the misinformation is just wrong. How do you know that the info you have heard from the SLU rumor mill isn't the misinformation?

this is my point.

Im in the same boat as most in that I dont know exactly what happened but here are some of my thoughts.

1. The news report said they have been suspended for the year. Does that mean they would be eligible come January or does that mean they are suspended for a full academic year? (im not trying to be a smartass with this question I really dont know)

2. If the players actually committed a sexual "assault"(not talking drunken hook-up) I would hope that they would be removed from campus immediately. It would be irresponsible for SLU to allow a student to remain on campus if such an assault took place.

3. I didnt like how KSDK threw around the term sexual assault but other than that I didnt see much wrong with the report.

4. Drunken hook-ups are a part of college. For a female to be able to wake up with a hangover, a burning sensation, and a sense of regret and then be able to blame her poor choices on alcohol is ridiculous. Who are these ladies going to run to when they have one to many drinks at a work happy hour and bang a co-worker? Yes these students are young but they are adults now, sometimes you have to take responsibility for you own actions.

5. unfortunately alcohol has played to many parts in me accidently banging a fatty and I regret it 99.9% of the time. the next morning my buddies always ridicule me unmercifully for my poor choice the night before. If I gave them the excuse "oh you cant blame me I couldnt consent because I was drunk" it wouldnt fly.

6. No matter what happens with these players the season will go on and I will still be excited to watch this in 2010/11.

7. expect the worst hope for the best.

8. Its hard being a bills fan.

9. The Jerk is a funny movie and I think im going to watch that now.