The streets

great site, other potential opponents but not the"big" opponent we are hoping for

South Florida Jeremy Cox 813-422-1119 [email protected]

South Florida needs to start a H/H on November 12th and a H/H on the road on December 22nd

Home & Home, 2010-2011 06/17/2010 - 1:20pm

George Mason University Eric Konkol 703-993-3241 [email protected]

George Mason is looking to start a series on the road Dec. 22.

Virginia Commonwealth University Kyle Getter 804-828-4188 [email protected]

We are looking to start a home and home series on the following dates 12/21 or 12/22. Please call or email if interested.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

great site, other potential opponents but not the"big" opponent we are hoping for

South Florida Jeremy Cox 813-422-1119 [email protected]

South Florida needs to start a H/H on November 12th and a H/H on the road on December 22nd

Home & Home, 2010-2011 06/17/2010 - 1:20pm

George Mason University Eric Konkol 703-993-3241 [email protected]

George Mason is looking to start a series on the road Dec. 22.

Virginia Commonwealth University Kyle Getter 804-828-4188 [email protected]

We are looking to start a home and home series on the following dates 12/21 or 12/22. Please call or email if interested.

GMU wouldn't be special. They haven't done much since their final 4 run. VCU and USF would be solid though. We know about VCU. USF just missed the NCAA.

Where has TT speculated? I couldn't find anything written. Or did you speak with him?

He blogged it here:

I'm told SLU had been pursuing a home-and-home with Kentucky, but it now looks like that won't be happening, at least this year.

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/college/slu...eb8fd3c5e3.html

I had heard the same thing about the same time, but didn't know how serious the talks really were. I've also heard some other big schools that would get fans fired up, but again, not sure how serious those talks are.

He blogged it here:

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/college/slu...eb8fd3c5e3.html

I had heard the same thing about the same time, but didn't know how serious the talks really were. I've also heard some other big schools that would get fans fired up, but again, not sure how serious those talks are.

The timing doesn't match. Timmerman wrote that on May 29 (by the way, I can't find it from the SLU STLToday page but maybe I'm blind) and said "I'm told SLU had been pursuing a home-and-home with Kentucky, but it now looks like that won't be happening, at least this year."

Unless something has changed in the month that passed with P-diddy's post the two are unrelated.

The timing doesn't match. Timmerman wrote that on May 29 (by the way, I can't find it from the SLU STLToday page but maybe I'm blind) and said "I'm told SLU had been pursuing a home-and-home with Kentucky, but it now looks like that won't be happening, at least this year."

Unless something has changed in the month that passed with P-diddy's post the two are unrelated.

That was written in 2009

That was written in 2009

Yup you're right. I blame Google. :D

But I have heard this rumbling as recently as the middle of June. I think we all pondered if SLU would get something with UK as soon as Cal was hired; that's probably where the TT blog comes in..

Not saying this is 100% confirmed, but my friend found this: http://www.operationsports.com/forums/coll...010-2011-a.html

That is a really good sign.

Again, that is a Kentucky message board post from December of 2009.

The reality of it is that if we had been working on a home and home with UK for 6 plus months there is a pretty good chance that RM would have spilled the beans during all those radio interviews where he complained about our scheduling. He isn't very good about keeping secrets if you ask me.

Not trying to be debbie downer but I think people are getting way ahead of themselves if they believe a Timmerman post from 14 months ago that said we aren't playing them or a random UK post from 7 months ago.

The reality of it is that if we had been working on a home and home with UK for 6 plus months there is a pretty good chance that RM would have spilled the beans during all those radio interviews where he complained about our scheduling. He isn't very good about keeping secrets if you ask me.

Not trying to be debbie downer but I think people are getting way ahead of themselves if they believe a Timmerman post from 14 months ago that said we aren't playing them or a random UK post from 7 months ago.

Yeah, but the KY post was related to the 2010-11 schedule, as does TT's blog. Got to admit Kshoe that's at least worthy of there being a little whisp of smoke. The only question I have is why play UK in Louisville... some sort of doubleheader thing with UL vs someone in the second game? I don't see UK doing that for some reason, ie helping sell out UL's new arena. And does that mean it's simply a one and done deal on a neutral court? From the above post about teams looking for games, if AZ is willing to do a home and home... uh... why not?

The series with Villanova was closer to being done last year than anything with Kentucky ever was from what I heard. SLU thought the series with Nova was a go when Nova walked away from it.

It probably wont be either of the schools, but Nova would be a much more important series for SLU than anything with Kentucky. SLU needs to build relationships with schools like Nova for when the Big East finally implodes.

The only question I have is why play UK in Louisville...

UK typically plays an annual "neutral site" game in Louisville - UNC Asheville in 2009, App State in 2008, UAB in 2007 (lost that one!), Chattanooga in 2006, Indiana in 2005, etc. Apparently also played neutral site games in Cincy in the past, but stopped doing that several years ago.

I can remember when Dean Smith would bring the Tar Heels to Charlotte for a yearly neutral site game or two, but UNC-CH no longer does that on an annual basis and the only recent visits to the Queen City have been for an occasional game with Davidson, which last occured in 2007.

Yeah, but the KY post was related to the 2010-11 schedule, as does TT's blog. Got to admit Kshoe that's at least worthy of there being a little whisp of smoke. The only question I have is why play UK in Louisville... some sort of doubleheader thing with UL vs someone in the second game? I don't see UK doing that for some reason, ie helping sell out UL's new arena. And does that mean it's simply a one and done deal on a neutral court? From the above post about teams looking for games, if AZ is willing to do a home and home... uh... why not?

The UK post was 6 months ago and was based on a piece of paper somebody supposedly found on the ground. I wouldn't start planning an trips to the Kentucky based on that.

In the for what its worth camp, UK and Louisville will have no trouble selling out that arena on their own merit, so I'm sure its not a double header.

Look, I'd love to play UK. But people shouldn't be disapointed if P-diddy's post was about an NCAA caliber team, not a top 5 team. People see smoke where they want to but until something more substantial comes out I wouldn't bet on it.

rican, are you the poster "jetercanoturn2" on that site? :D

nothing excites me about being involved with anything with scum calipari. personally i think we should stay the hell away from him. it surprises me that rickma would "hang" with trash like that.

nothing excites me about being involved with anything with scum calipari. personally i think we should stay the hell away from him. it surprises me that rickma would "hang" with trash like that.

You don't like the idea of beating scum?

I'm not saying that I think it will happen, but I would be absolutely thrilled to play a home game against a team like Kentucky regardless of the coach. You don't get many chances like that. In fact, I can only think of two games we've had like that in the past 30+ years...Kansas and UNC (thanks Roy Williams). There are only a handful of teams of that caliber (Kansas, Kentucky, UCLA, Indiana, Duke, UNC).

Why cut off your nose to spite your face? roy, if you won't play a home game against Kentucky, why continue to make posts complaining about RM's scheduling?

I'm not saying that I think it will happen, but I would be absolutely thrilled to play a home game against a team like Kentucky regardless of the coach. You don't get many chances like that. In fact, I can only think of two games we've had like that in the past 30+ years...Kansas and UNC (thanks Roy Williams). There are only a handful of teams of that caliber (Kansas, Kentucky, UCLA, Indiana, Duke, UNC).

Why cut off your nose to spite your face? roy, if you won't play a home game against Kentucky, why continue to make posts complaining about RM's scheduling?

We have played have played Duke and UCLA at home over the last 30 years.