The streets

We have played have played Duke and UCLA at home over the last 30 years.

as well as arizona, louisville, marquette, illinois, west virginia, cincy, etc. no one should act as though we have never played top teams before at home. it only recently has become a problem.

as to complaining about the schedule, if you actually take the time to read my debate points, i really couldnt care less if we play national champion level teams. i just dont want to play 200+ rpi buy teams. i would be very content to play 100 rpi teams home and away just fine until the big boys want to play fair and square.

and when we play the big boys, i would just prefer to not share the profits with cheaters like calipari. i dont think that is too much to ask.

it astounds me that fars are fine with turning their heads to look the other way more and more when it comes to our billikens.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

nothing excites me about being involved with anything with scum calipari. personally i think we should stay the hell away from him. it surprises me that rickma would "hang" with trash like that.

Recall that RM was rather quick to set up "closed to the public" controlled practice games with Memphis instead of worthless pre-season game. Obviously, RM has connections with JC/Memphis.

Again, let me state. We have been conference rivals with Memphis for years - and with different conferences. We are geographically close. They have a new coach. They are not the #1 team in the nation anymore. Why not schedule games with Memphis. If we don't resume the closed practice games, then we know that RM's connections are with JC instead of Memphis.

as well as arizona, louisville, marquette, illinois, west virginia, cincy, etc. no one should act as though we have never played top teams before at home. it only recently has become a problem.

as to complaining about the schedule, if you actually take the time to read my debate points, i really couldnt care less if we play national champion level teams. i just dont want to play 200+ rpi buy teams. i would be very content to play 100 rpi teams home and away just fine until the big boys want to play fair and square.

and when we play the big boys, i would just prefer to not share the profits with cheaters like calipari. i dont think that is too much to ask.

it astounds me that fars are fine with turning their heads to look the other way more and more when it comes to our billikens.

SLU share the profits with Kentucky. Now that's rich.

The reality is that over the years Roy seems to have a disparaging comment about just about every tenured hi-major coach out there. Since he no longer wants SLU to COMPETE AGAINST any teams/coaches that are perceived to be dirty we had better hope that we never get invited to a major conference because we'll have to forfeit most of the games when we play those evil coaches/programs.

SLU share the profits with Kentucky. Now that's rich.

The reality is that over the years Roy seems to have a disparaging comment about just about every tenured hi-major coach out there. Since he no longer wants SLU to COMPETE AGAINST any teams/coaches that are perceived to be dirty we had better hope that we never get invited to a major conference because we'll have to forfeit most of the games when we play those evil coaches/programs.

would you please provide the list of "every" coach i have disparaged? thanks in advance.

while you will struggle to complete this crazy task, i would note you fit the profile of the fan now willing to turn his head.

would you please provide the list of "every" coach i have disparaged? thanks in advance.

while you will struggle to complete this crazy task, i would note you fit the profile of the fan now willing to turn his head.

I really don't feel like searching through old posts but:

- Just a few weeks ago you called Izzo's style of play "thug-ball."

- You have often had negative comments about Huggins and Pitino.

- You've made it clear you think Eddie Sutton, Bill Self, Calhoun, etc. don't run clean programs. If I'm wrong please correct me.

If there is a hi-profile coach with over 10 years of tenure out there that you think runs the type of clean program you want, please name him.

Lastly, how is PLAYING AGAINST a team deciding that you want a dirty program like them? Please explain your logic (and don't give some weak sharing of profits answer since UK has more profits than SLU can dream of).

Explain how us trying to beat UK is giving in to the negative side of basketball.

We were in the same conference with Marquette, Cincy, and Louisville. There was no "magic" scheduling involved there.

The Illinois game was not played on our home floor. It was at the dome. They haven't had the guts to step on our home floor.

Arizona has 1 national title. Certainly a good team but not at the same level as the ones I listed.

West Virginia? A nice history, but can't possibly be compared to the teams I listed.

Besides, many of the games you are mentioning occured while we were in a much higher-profile conference. It's not as easy now.

roy, you would be content playing a 100 rpi team rather than a team like Kentucky? You would rather sell 7K tickets to a game like that than see a sell-out against a national power that would bring nationwide attention to our program? The #100 rpi team last year was Harvard. #101 was Appalachian State. You would rather see those teams on the home schedule than Kentucky?????????? That's just the kind of small-time approach that has kept us out of the limelight for most of our history.

I really don't feel like searching through old posts but:

- Just a few weeks ago you called Izzo's style of play "thug-ball."

- You have often had negative comments about Huggins and Pitino.

- You've made it clear you think Eddie Sutton, Bill Self, Calhoun, etc. don't run clean programs. If I'm wrong please correct me.

If there is a hi-profile coach with over 10 years of tenure out there that you think runs the type of clean program you want, please name him.

Lastly, how is PLAYING AGAINST a team deciding that you want a dirty program like them? Please explain your logic (and don't give some weak sharing of profits answer since UK has more profits than SLU can dream of).

Explain how us trying to beat UK is giving in to the negative side of basketball.

in order:

izzo does play thug ball. in fact he is proud of it. proudly describes his rebounding drills in practice where the players where football equipment for protection. that said, nothing wrong with his program beyond that. i would love to have a home and away series with michigan state. same with most of the big ten. not a fan of crean simply because i hate marquette, but no doubt a good coach and one that does things the right way. weber seems to be a great guy. other than his unnecessary pressure on lisch when he picked the billikens over the illini, i have no issues with weber. painter apparently likes to dance in the gray area of recruiting, but nothing has stuck and he saved the program. he would probably be the big ten guy i would least like to play.

huggins. ironically i have defended huggins in the past. footesy loves to remind the board of that.

pitino? seriously you want to give pitino a break? the guy that openly admits he did his best friends wife on a restaurant table? you can have him. i rank him right below calipari

sutton, my gosh, as dirty as there was. the money fell out of the overnight delivery envelope. the only coach so dirty that it was the one time kentucky couldnt wiggle their way out of trouble and probation.

self and calhoun both programs currently under investigation. where there is smoke there is usually fire.

as to ok top program coaches.

while i think boeheim is overated as an actual x's and o's coach, i have no problem with his coaching and his recruiting.

i love brad stevens of butler

alford has done nothing wrong at any stop in his career.

fran dunphy at temple is awesome. best coach in the conference imo

nothing on phil martelli

i didnt respect brad miller as an x's and o's guy at xavier but nothing wrong with him beyond that and he is doing fine at arizona.

i got no problem with ben howland at ucla

jamie dixon is doing great at Pitt

while i didnt appreciate some of the negative recruiting that bo ryan did with lisch, other than that, nothing against him. put him in the bruce weber category.

i like chris mooney at richmond a lot

stallings at vandy is awesome

randy bennett at st mary's and mark few at gonzaga have been splendid

i can go on. all good coaches at very good programs that i respect and like and would love to play anytime anywhere. but once again your lemmingslike attitude showing in your unwarranted attack.

in order:

izzo does play thug ball. in fact he is proud of it. proudly describes his rebounding drills in practice where the players where football equipment for protection. that said, nothing wrong with his program beyond that. i would love to have a home and away series with michigan state. same with most of the big ten. not a fan of crean simply because i hate marquette, but no doubt a good coach and one that does things the right way. weber seems to be a great guy. other than his unnecessary pressure on lisch when he picked the billikens over the illini, i have no issues with weber. painter apparently likes to dance in the gray area of recruiting, but nothing has stuck and he saved the program. he would probably be the big ten guy i would least like to play.

huggins. ironically i have defended huggins in the past. footesy loves to remind the board of that.

pitino? seriously you want to give pitino a break? the guy that openly admits he did his best friends wife on a restaurant table? you can have him. i rank him right below calipari

sutton, my gosh, as dirty as there was. the money fell out of the overnight delivery envelope. the only coach so dirty that it was the one time kentucky couldnt wiggle their way out of trouble and probation.

self and calhoun both programs currently under investigation. where there is smoke there is usually fire.

while i think boeheim is overated as an actual x's and o's coach, i have no problem with his coaching and his recruiting.

nothing on phil martelli

i didnt respect brad miller as an x's and o's guy at xavier but nothing wrong with him beyond that and he is doing fine at arizona.

while i didnt appreciate some of the negative recruiting that bo ryan did with lisch, other than that, nothing against him. put him in the bruce weber category.

i can go on. all good coaches at very good programs that i respect and like and would love to play anytime anywhere. but once again your lemmingslike attitude showing in your unwarranted attack.

That list certainly pushes the envelope of tenured and hi-profile. You think more than 0.1% of Americans could name Temple's coach?

I'll give you Howland and Boeheim (even though they were on probation in the early 90s) but I don't see a Final 4 visit amongst the rest besides Stevens, who clearly is not tenured.

Regardless, lets just say that you've proven to me that there are a few coaches out there that you actually like.

Now, I'm still waiting on that explanation of why SLU should only play teams that have coaches that we like/respect.

That list certainly pushes the envelope of tenured and hi-profile. You think more than 0.1% of Americans could name Temple's coach?

I'll give you Howland and Boeheim (even though they were on probation in the early 90s) but I don't see a Final 4 visit amongst the rest besides Stevens, who clearly is not tenured.

Regardless, lets just say that you've proven to me that there are a few coaches out there that you actually like.

Now, I'm still waiting on that explanation of why SLU should only play teams that have coaches that we like/respect.

You don't think Richmond is a "top" program? ;)

in order:

nothing on phil martelli

Re: Izzo... So being a tough defensive and rebounding team is a bad thing?

And I must have missed when one of Self's programs have been under investigation.

Exactly what I was thinking. Playing tough defense doesn't equal playing thug ball.

It's tough defense combined with dribble hand-off that puts it over the top into the 'thug' category.

Re: Izzo... So being a tough defensive and rebounding team is a bad thing?

And I must have missed when one of Self's programs have been under investigation.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball/ne...kutickets052610

maybe no team in america is as physical as mich st. tough defense is the billikens. physical defense like mich st is thug ball imo.

i just dont think saint louis university should play teams with dirty coaches. nothing to do with "liking". as i said above, for example, i dont like crean and ryan. but i would be fine playing them.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball/ne...kutickets052610

maybe no team in america is as physical as mich st. tough defense is the billikens. physical defense like mich st is thug ball imo.

"People get the wrong idea," Izzo said. "They think its just a beat-'em-up philosophy. But mental toughness and physical toughness go together. If you look back, I don't know how many teams in the last five or six years have won the championship without being tough. Maryland, Duke, UConn, us. The strong survive."

Again, that's not an NCAA investigation into Self's program. An athletic department problem yes, but as of yet nothing to do with Bill Self.

"People get the wrong idea," Izzo said. "They think its just a beat-'em-up philosophy. But mental toughness and physical toughness go together. If you look back, I don't know how many teams in the last five or six years have won the championship without being tough. Maryland, Duke, UConn, us. The strong survive."

Again, that's not an NCAA investigation into Self's program. An athletic department problem yes, but as of yet nothing to do with Bill Self.

oh i am sure self doesnt even know those boosters.

i just dont think saint louis university should play teams with dirty coaches. nothing to do with "liking". as i said above, for example, i dont like crean and ryan. but i would be fine playing them.

Then we will just have to agree to disagree. Because I think it is fine for clean programs to play dirty programs and to try to beat them.

Then we will just have to agree to disagree. Because I think it is fine for clean programs to play dirty programs and to try to beat them.

lemmings

Coach K is not even good enough for you...

Coach K is not even good enough for you...

that's correct. he wouldnt be on my list of "like" coaches.

downgraded academic integrity of the program

had boosters provide parents jobs and other benefits

very good floor coach though. interviews well.

that's correct. he wouldnt be on my list of "like" coaches.

downgraded academic integrity of the program

had boosters provide parents jobs and other benefits

very good floor coach though. interviews well.

You've made some false accusations on these matters in the past... not valid.

Made up stuff you heard about sociology courses which I can prove are false. K hired a mom to work in the athletic office once... a few minor issues at most. Rather not go thru that again with you.

I completely agree with you that Calipari is a total scumbag, hurts college basketball, NCAA needs to get him OUT.

But your past posts stating absolute distain for Coach K and Duke are childish envy.

oh that's right, you showed where jason williams was a rhodes scholar nominee.

btw, you brought duke up in this conversation. i did not.