O.T. Nebraska and Mizzou have till 5 Friday

I don't know how reliable it is and it's just one report that supposedly came from a Northwestern contact that says the Big 10 is now going to ask ND, UT, A&M, and Mizzou with Nebraska supposedly already firm.

Hell, there are so many people saying so many things, I don't know what to believe.

Good move for the BigTen if they can pull that off. Getting ND and UT easily puts them as the top football conference in america, and doesn't sacrifice anything on the academic side. Plus adding A&M assures them of regular/basic cable exposure for the BTN in probably all of texas I would assume? Although they will have to change some bylaws of the Big10 for the Texas schools I think.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

imo, we need to hope for the big four conferences to indeed become 16 school leagues. that would all but force the dominos to fall that give us a chance to finally become a part of some sort of new midwestern conference that would be bigger and better than anything else we have ever been a part of before.

if big ten only adds nebraska and no one else does anything, that means nothing more of significance happens imo.

i will say the setting would be there for the big ten, pac 10, sec and acc to basically become their own alliance and break away from the ncaa with their own championship etc. fine. begone. not much we or any of the other lesser programs can do. it is no secret we have been at the bcs whims for years anyway so just let em go on their own.

imo, we need to hope for the big four conferences to indeed become 16 school leagues. that would all but force the dominos to fall that give us a chance to finally become a part of some sort of new midwestern conference that would be bigger and better than anything else we have ever been a part of before.

if big ten only adds nebraska and no one else does anything, that means nothing more of significance happens imo.

I agree,but I would have prefered for this to have happened next year when hopefully our stock is higher.

I don't know how reliable it is and it's just one report that supposedly came from a Northwestern contact that says the Big 10 is now going to ask ND, UT, A&M, and Mizzou with Nebraska supposedly already firm.

Hell, there are so many people saying so many things, I don't know what to believe.

I had a friend email me with a similar rumor. He said that UT was talking with Mizzou and possibly trying to get them to stay in the Big 12, but that if they do jump to the Big 10 that UT would be joining them.

I had a friend email me with a similar rumor. He said that UT was talking with Mizzou and possibly trying to get them to stay in the Big 12, but that if they do jump to the Big 10 that UT would be joining them.

I've never used one of these but.... :lol:

You must have heard that from a mizzou fan. Texas is driving this train. Mizzou is just a dead bug on the windshield towards progress.

I'd say its more like Mizzou is trying desperately for someone from Texas to call them back. Imagine a scene kind of like an NFL draft war room of a team that has no picks in the first 2 rounds. They are the brownheaded stepchild of the BigXII, with IoST the redhead.

i will say the setting would be there for the big ten, pac 10, sec and acc to basically become their own alliance and break away from the ncaa with their own championship etc. fine. begone. not much we or any of the other lesser programs can do. it is no secret we have been at the bcs whims for years anyway so just let em go on their own.

There is no, none, zero, zilch chance UT stays in the Big 12 if in fact Nebraska is gone, and I believe they are.

The question now is .... is the report I heard true about UT, A&M, and Mizzou to the Big 10 true. I'm being told this was from an inside source at Northwestern, however I don't know anything about the person who is reporting it ... so ...

Everything else out of UT says they would prefer to go to the Pac 10.

As I type this the same person that reported Nebraska to the Big 10 first, just stated Colorado to the Pac 10 is a done deal and will come out later today. This person has always had good reliable inside info.

There is no, none, zero, zilch chance UT stays in the Big 12 if in fact Nebraska is gone, and I believe they are.

The question now is .... is the report I heard true about UT, A&M, and Mizzou to the Big 10 true. I'm being told this was from an inside source at Northwestern, however I don't know anything about the person who is reporting it ... so ...

Everything else out of UT says they would prefer to go to the Pac 10.

As I type this the same person that reported Nebraska to the Big 10 first, just stated Colorado to the Pac 10 is a done deal and will come out later today. This person has always had good reliable inside info.

The rumor is that Colorado has a news conference scheduled for tomorrow morning to announce that the school will be leaving the Big 12 and joining the Pac 10.

You must have heard that from a mizzou fan. Texas is driving this train. Mizzou is just a dead bug on the windshield towards progress.

I'd say its more like Mizzou is trying desperately for someone from Texas to call them back. Imagine a scene kind of like an NFL draft war room of a team that has no picks in the first 2 rounds. They are the brownheaded stepchild of the BigXII, with IoST the redhead.

Ha, I got another email from the same person saying that there is a rumor that the Big 12 may vote to expel Mizzou.

Since this is a SLU mesage board, I thought I'd interject a SLU related aspect of State U.'s possible misfortune if they are in fact left out of the Big 10 expansion. If the Big 12 is truly falling apart as we watch, maybe State U will be looking for teams to play on the basketball court. Maybe they'll be in a position where they have to court SLU as an opponent.

When and if that happens, I know what our response should be---------------------------------------------------------------

SCREW YOU, MIZZOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Since this is a SLU mesage board, I thought I'd interject a SLU related aspect of State U.'s possible misfortune if they are in fact left out of the Big 10 expansion. If the Big 12 is truly falling apart as we watch, maybe State U will be looking for teams to play on the basketball court. Maybe they'll be in a position where they have to court SLU as an opponent.

When and if that happens, I know what our response should be---------------------------------------------------------------

SCREW YOU, MIZZOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If the Pac 10 decides to go to 16 teams and all of the power conferences (Pac 10, Big 10, SEC, and ACC) follow and get to 16 teams it is going be very interesting to see how this all plays out. If the Big 10, ACC, and SEC raid the Big East of their football schools, what would come of the Big East. Would they look to be a basketball only conference and if so, who would they be looking to add? They would be left with Georgetown, Marquette, Villanova, Seton Hall, St. John's, Providence, and DePaul. This could be a crazy couple of weeks.

I love how that ESPN article talks about how the PAC16 would push for an automatic tourney bid for each division, giving them two!

I fear that some sort of basketball BCS or some sort of play-in format for non-bcs schools will rear it's ugly head and completely destory my interest in college basaketball. I've no interest in seeing SLU being king of the dipwads while the 12th place Big16 team is taking on the 10th place PAC16 in the "real" national championship tournament.

Well, I guess CU wanted to get in front of this and just announced they are going to the Pac-10. One question I have and don't see it in the various online stories, is the move effective immediately? I would assume so, but it seems like there would be quite a few logistics to work out (e.g. scheduling).

Well, I guess CU wanted to get in front of this and just announced they are going to the Pac-10. One question I have and don't see it in the various online stories, is the move effective immediately? I would assume so, but it seems like there would be quite a few logistics to work out (e.g. scheduling).

From an article about nebraska leaving:

The Cornhuskers likely will remain in the Big 12 for the next two years. The conference requires at least two years notice of a team’s intention to leave. Even with that, the penalty for opting out is 50 percent of the revenue earned during those two lame-duck years. According to Big 12 commissioner Dan Beebe, if a school were to give less than two years’ notice, it could lose up to 90 percent of its revenue during the time it remains in the Big 12.

So... They can, but it financially it wouldn't make much sense. Schedules are already set anyway. It wouldn't take place until next year at the earliest.