Possible Bad News...

Going overboard here... 1,000 possibilities.

Kids might have been over WAY over intoxicated, woman said "yes" or even more likely didn't say anything until too late... then someone discovers them, she cries, she denies, someone calls the police. Was it consentual? That happens a LOT these days. Sexual assault? Is it?

Will charges by gal be dropped? Will police press charges if she does not drop the charges herself?

May not be as ugly as all fear.

Or it might be worse than we fear, too.

Delay is good IMO, perhaps it is overblown situation, everyone involved attempting to get story in order to release to the public.

This was also terrible timing.

With the 2 assaults on wash U females and the assault at UMSL this will be harder to hide.

I just hope that the girl is OK and whatever happened the truth comes out.

If they did this they do not deserve to be playing basketball or even going to school at SLU and if the girl is over reacting about a poor alochohol induced choice she made she should be punished aswell.

Its tought speculating about all of this when all we have is rumors to go on becuase more than basketball peopls lives are at stake here.

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You must be the dean of the SLU Journalism School that doesn't exist. Congrats on the appointment.

So you're saying KSDK doesn't have a police scanner that alerts them to criminal activity in the metro area?

Do they just rely on the Bat Signal??

So you use a police scanner to determine what exactly happened?

We have no idea at this point what exactly happened.

Regardless, as you are all Men for Others, we should hopefully express some concern for the woman involved. No one would want this to happen to our daughter/sister/girlfriend/wife/mother, etc.

Regardless, as you are all Men for Others, we should hopefully express some concern for the woman involved. No one would want this to happen to our daughter/sister/girlfriend/wife/mother, etc.

We don't know what happened to her.

So you use a police scanner to determine what exactly happened?

Most news rooms have a police scanner to alert them so they can send a reporter/camera crew to the scene, then that reporter gets his or her information from the police.

Nobody would also want there daughter to make an accusation that was false and our son/brother/blah blah blah to be accused. It goes both was cush and we could go on forever like this.

Show me one quote on this thread that says anyone is happy about what has happened.

Nobody would also want there daughter to make an accusation that was false and our son/brother/blah blah blah to be accused. It goes both was cush and we could go on forever like this.

I agree with you. I was just shocked that no one on this board was even concerned for the young woman involved, as this has the potential of being a very traumatic experience.

I believe she was assaulted, according to KSDK.

I will wait on the details...after the Duke thing, you have to.

Look at how many lives were ruined because a crazy hooker, crazy DA, and a race-baiting media all made false statements.

Most news rooms have a police scanner to alert them so they can send a reporter/camera crew to the scene, then that reporter gets his or her information from the police.

I guess you are unable to realize that is different from determining the facts in the case. That is what you have done.

That's what I'm saying. It's the court of Law not court of public opinion. Just because the news says that Police are investigating a sexual assault it is still an alleged sexual assault. Quit reading between the lines.

Why dont you wake up and probbaly realize that something happened and that basketball players probably were somehow involved. Do you think A Strickland would just report things on the air without having a credible source? You are too busy wanting to be friends with any basketball player and for them to like you to admit that something is going on here. Weren't you the one who tried bribing them with food (Jimmy John sandwiches I believe) if they would hang out with you???

If it is true what I have heard, and that is from a different SLU athlete, then it is pretty bad but I am hoping that is not the case cause it could cause major repercussions to the program with who was involved

I will wait on the details...after the Duke thing, you have to.

Look at how many lives were ruined because a crazy hooker, crazy DA, and a race-baiting media all made false statements.

True...I will be tuning into the radio this morning to see what is developing. Either way, I wouldn't want to be in the same room with Rick Majerus today.

I guess you are unable to realize that is different from determining the facts in the case. That is what you have done.

So the police shouldn't come to SLU if there is a 911 call made just because it could be a false report?? That's brilliant.

Why dont you wake up and probbaly realize that something happened and that basketball players probably were somehow involved. Do you think A Strickland would just report things on the air without having a credible source? You are too busy wanting to be friends with any basketball player and for them to like you to admit that something is going on here. Weren't you the one who tried bribing them with food (Jimmy John sandwiches I believe) if they would hang out with you???

If it is true what I have read, and that is from a different SLU athlete, then it is pretty bad but I am hoping that is not the case cause it could cause major repercussions to the program with who was involved

This is the dumbest post I've ever heard. I am not saying I believe that players weren't involved. I just think we need to see what comes out. As for the "bribing", I have no idea what your talking about. I have no trouble admitting something went on. I just don't want anyone to be hurt by false accusations. If something happened I'll be devastated but right now I'll wait for a news release detailing charges or lack there of.

If it is true what I have heard, and that is from a different SLU athlete, then it is pretty bad but I am hoping that is not the case cause it could cause major repercussions to the program with who was involved

Great post....I think 05 has heard some of the same things as all of us and the possibility of players being involved. However, we all have to wait and see what the truth is when it comes down. Him being buddies with the players has nothing to do with it.

So the police shouldn't come to SLU if there is a 911 call made just because it could be a false report?? That's brilliant.

Are you really this dumb?

I never said that. I said there is a difference between investigating something and determining what has happened. You can't seem to understand that. The police and the prosecutor's office have not even made a determination of the facts yet, but somehow you can because you read something on ksdk.com.

Do you think A Strickland would just report things on the air without having a credible source?

he's done it before. how soon you forget about strickland assuring us that cotto would not be allowed to attend slu because cotto didnt have the academic credentials to be admitted to slu.

add to that not only was strickland wrong, he never had the guts and decency to go on the air and admit his mistake and apologize to cotto.

This is a serious matter.

Your posts are immature... you must be very inexperienced in "life", but still shoot your mouth off anyway.

Do not make statements without understanding anything about what you are talking about.

That is a losing strategy.

Wait and see what comes out, we do not know yet anything about what happened, and even when there are statements made from the press and / or the police and / or SLU, we still may not reallly know. Even if it goes to trial, we may not really know.

So grow up and in the meantime STFU.