Xavier - Wow, Double OT

Did Len Elmore do his undergrad at K-State? That was awful to listen to. He must have pointed out that non-call on K-State that led to Holloway's 3 free throws a dozen times. There were plenty of calls that went in K-State's favor, and not a mention on those. ######, he must have had a ton of money on K-State or something.

Is Len Elmore the new Billy Packer?

3 similarities:

- extreme favoritism

- over-emphasizing mistakes and looking for a goat (way too negative)

- not very personable

Thought Gus Johnson was great. He was clearly enjoying the great show put on by 2 teams giving it their all

Elmore was the one calling it a flop...he also was all over the no call at the end of regulation.

Thing is, and Mark Schaucbach (sp?) on ESPN pointed this out, the refscould have easily called an intentional foul instead of the no-call.

My lovely wife is NOT a basketball junkie. Even she noticed the announcer (Elmore) was a d-bag or at least in the bag for K-State.

I haven't watched K-State prior to tonight and I don't know every defensive scheme in basketball but I do know that we will never see a Majerus coached team give up 100 points where the other team can score at will EVERY FRICKING TIME they get the ball within 5-10 feet from the hoop. Xavier's interior defense was horrific. Not even the Crawford and Holloway circus could out score K-State.........

Really entertaining game...too bad X got off to the poor start at the beginning of the game. Crawford...WOW!!! He needs to go to the NBA. Well I had K State in the Final Four so it may turn out better for me in the long run that they won. Agree that Elmore certainly appeared to be favoring K State.. Loved seeing Butler beat Syracuse in the other game. Butler is a team that the big boys from the BCS hate to face as they are Always a tough out.

Elmore kept calling them "Ex-avier" the whole time. Is that some new form of laxative he is using?

HAHA!

-Gus Johnson

3 similarities:

- extreme favoritism

- not very personable

Thought Gus Johnson was great. He was clearly enjoying the great show put on by 2 teams giving it their all

Just be glad Wake Forest (Packman's alma mater) is out. he had such an h/o for Wake much like Vitale's h/o for Duke.

3 similarities:

- extreme favoritism

- not very personable

Agreed on all counts. Elmore sucks, Johnson's great.

Elmore was basically whining in the middle of the 2nd half that KSU was way below their usual FT attempts, implying that the refs were helping Xavier.

They showed the foul situation on the screen at one point early in the 2nd half, and it looked like this:

Xavier: 1 player, 3 fouls

KSU: 5 players, all with 3 fouls

I'm not saying that the refs weren't calling a good game because I missed a lot of the first half, but I can easily see how that would be a talking point for the brainless microphone honks.

I'd hate to see a well coached Xavier team. They would be very dangerous.

I still stand by my statement of Crawford winning several D-league MVPs. This guys ceiling is around Jannero Pargo. A 11th man off an NBA bench that can come in and score 10 points in 7 minutes, but doesn't care to fit into an offensive system and doesn't care what kind of shot he takes.

I still stand by my statement of Crawford winning several D-league MVPs. This guys ceiling is around Jannero Pargo. A 11th man off an NBA bench that can come in and score 10 points in 7 minutes, but doesn't care to fit into an offensive system and doesn't care what kind of shot he takes.

Dude the manchild dunked on LeBron! If anything, maybe a more versatile Gerald Wilkins.

The kid is a punk too.

I semi-agree....I don't think he's going to be a superstar in the NBA, far from it, BUT

1. He is only a sophmore

2. He averaged 3 Ast per game as a SG (as much as Kwa)

3. I think you underscore his ability to get to the rim...

4. He is only a sophmore (with emphasis)

The kid is a punk too.

I thought/think so too, until last night...he didn't celebrate, pose, or do anything flashy to K-State's detriment, despite hitting SICK shot after shot...he gets some props for that

though he did do some sh!t at Chaifetz when they beat us....

I thought/think so too, until last night...he didn't celebrate, pose, or do anything flashy to K-State's detriment, despite hitting SICK shot after shot...he gets some props for that

though he did do some sh!t at Chaifetz when they beat us....

No doubt he is talented. I watched his antics throughout the year and I came to the conclusion pretty easily.

I semi-agree....I don't think he's going to be a superstar in the NBA, far from it, BUT

1. He is only a sophmore

2. He averaged 3 Ast per game as a SG (as much as Kwa)

3. I think you underscore his ability to get to the rim...

4. He is only a sophmore (with emphasis)

He is a redshirt sophomore who is old enough to be a senior. His bday is in October of 88. He took an extra year of high school at Hargrave, then transferred from Indiana. And he is a bit short. 6-4 at Xavier probably translates to around 6-2 without shoes at the predraft camps. Like I said...Jannero Pargo. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jannero_Pargo

He is a redshirt sophomore who is old enough to be a senior. His bday is in October of 88. He took an extra year of high school at Hargrave, then transferred from Indiana. And he is a bit short. 6-4 at Xavier probably translates to around 6-2 without shoes at the predraft camps. Like I said...Jannero Pargo. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jannero_Pargo

Like I said, I agree with you in large part- I do not think he is going to be anywhere close to a superstar in the NBA...I just think the jury might still be out as to how good an NBA player he CAN be...My point with being a sophmore was merely that he could have 2 more college years to develop as a player and work on the weak parts of his game...