Nike Summit 2010 U19 World Team Announced Today

With the exception of Reid, I'd be shocked if anyone was not coming back next year. Maybe Femi, if he can't recover from his injuries.

Those are the only ones that make sense on paper. I get the idea Femi is going to do everything in his power to rehab diligently and stay, but Reid is a huge question mark and my guess is he's gone.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Those are the only ones that make sense on paper. I get the idea Femi is going to do everything in his power to rehab diligently and stay, but Reid is a huge question mark and my guess is he's gone.

The thing is we need guards. We have much more depth in the front court especially if we add Loe.

The thing is we need guards. We have much more depth in the front court especially if we add Loe.

I think we'd be better balanced with Loe than another guard:

Mitchell

McCall

Jordan

Cassity

Eckerle

Salecich

John

Evans

Ellis

Smith

Conklin

Remekun

Reed

*Loe

That gives us multiple players at every position, including 4 guys who could run the point in stretches; not a huge issue, as Mitchell will do that job as many minutes as possible. I think this is more depth across the board than we've had in a long time if we can add Loe. To me, having both him and Reed would be better than adding more guards because it gives us real frontcourt size and versatility.

*pleasepleasepleaseplease

I think we'd be better balanced with Loe than another guard:

Mitchell

McCall

Jordan

Cassity

Eckerle

Salecich

John

Evans

Ellis

Smith

Conklin

Remekun

Reed

*Loe

That gives us multiple players at every position, including 4 guys who could run the point in stretches; not a huge issue, as Mitchell will do that job as many minutes as possible. I think this is more depth across the board than we've had in a long time if we can add Loe. To me, having both him and Reed would be better than adding more guards because it gives us real frontcourt size and versatility.

*pleasepleasepleaseplease

Trust me, I want Loe over another guard. I just think we might be seeing a forward leave if he signs. Minutes int the frontcourt will be tough to come by if we will Loe.

This is the article from December talking about Loe's visit to Saint Louis:

NEW ZEALANDER ROB LOE GETTING BIG EAST ATTENTION

December 1, 2009 by NBE Blogger · Leave a Comment

by RAY MERNAGH

Rob Loe is a 6-foot-11 post player from New Zealand getting heavy interest from a bevy of high-majors (and some mid-majors that have past histories with non-US bigs). It was reported in other places that Loe would be enrolling at IMG Academy in December but that doesn’t look like it will happen.

IMG’s Dan Barto compared Loe’s game to Brad Miller’s in his prime (of the NBA and Purdue), saying Loe can shoot it, has a back to the basket game with some finesse, and trails the play really well.

Loe is getting ready to take visits and according to a source close to his situation plans on looking at Pittsburgh, Colorado, St Louis and Georgia Tech.

It’s possible Loe will take/need a fifth year if he does end up coming to the US. If that ends up being the case a strong possibility as far as a landing spot for him would be Notre Dame Prep.

Loe averaged 18.8 points, 7.0 rebounds and 2.5 assists per game in four games at the 2009 FIBA U19 World Championships last summer. Pitt coach Jamie Dixonwas the head coach for the USA’s U19 team that went 9-0 in the World Championships, winning the goald medal in the event, which was played in Auckland, New Zealand.

*********Follow NBE Sports on Twitter: http://twitter.com/NBESports*****

What is the deal with him possibly going to prep school? Is that still the case?

Also, the Iowa State board seems very confident that they will get Clyburn, for whatever that is worth. That coach will probably be fired after next year, unless they have a really big year, which they probably won't.

Trust me, I want Loe over another guard. I just think we might be seeing a forward leave if he signs. Minutes int the frontcourt will be tough to come by if we will Loe.

I think there will be plenty of minutes for bigs, even if we do get Loe. Majerus has already discussed the possibility of Cory redshirting next year. That leaves Loe, Reed, Ellis and Conklin at the four and five

Im really surprised how Jason Cadee's name doesnt pop up as much on the recruiting circuit, theres a reason he's on that team.

If you dont know much about him.. he was a PG on the u19 Aussie FIBA team and lightning quick.. last summer he was selected to try out for the national team and ended up touring South America with them but lost out

to Matthew Dellevadova for the New Zealand series(the St Mary's guard with the big mouth guard from last nights Richmond game) just got in ahead of him. Don't be surprised if you see Cadee getting as much time on

the court as Corey Joseph, he's the best PG you've never heard about.

I don't think he would have ever been all-conference. But when we lost to teams like RI and Xavier it was because we needed another big down low. Thompson did just fine against Kenny Freese when they were both freshman so there is no reason to think he couldn't have held his own this year.

Brett Thompson wasn't cut but should have been, he was a bust with no future potential. As for the coaching staff loving to have him for the RI game, give me a break. He would have hurt the team more in that game than helped. BT reminds me of a center for Mizzou back at the end of the Norm Stewart days by the name of Schumacker. Both were hyped big men who never showed any real college level ability.

There's nothing to believe at this point because no one has signed. I am just asking people to hold off on judging the coaching staff until something actually happens. What's the point in running a coach's name through the mud about something that might happen? What you are doing is speculating and gossiping.

If you are going to hold Majerus to some moral standard when it comes to keeping players, you should have done the same when Sodie talked about running off John Seyfert. Until you do that, you have no credibility on this issue.

believe what you want. i will as well. have a good day.

I don't think he would have ever been all-conference. But when we lost to teams like RI and Xavier it was because we needed another big down low. Thompson did just fine against Kenny Freese when they were both freshman so there is no reason to think he couldn't have held his own this year.

Yes, we needed another big down low but that big doesn't help us if they don't have any skill or ability. He was a waste of space on the court that did more harm than good for the team.

Guest BillikenReport

Here's a link to Thompson's stats for Lindenwood:

http://www.lindenwoodlions.com/custompages...me.htm#TEAM.IND

He averaged 12.4 points per game, which ranked second on the team, but only 6.7 rebounds per game. He also made 13 percent of his 3-point attempts (three of 23).

Thompson could have developed into a nice player at SLU. All of the sophomores that returned were better than they were as freshmen.

But I can't really blame Thompson for wanting to go somewhere he could play more after Willie Reed clearly established himself as the team's best option in the post last year. Willie's sophomore stats -- 11.8 points, 7.9 rebounds and 2.2 blocked shots per game — were much more impressive than what Thompson did at a lower level school while playing against guys much smaller than him.

But what happens if every current player wants to come back, is working hard and complying with the staff's wishes, and is making the grades? Do you pull the offer?

when RM sits down and gets real with players about their projected playing time, someone will want to leave.

We will have 3 6' or smaller 1-2 combo guards. KM will get 30 or more minutes a game, one of these 3 players won't get many minutes and will probably enjoy his career more at a place where he can get 30 inutes a game.

We are going to be the fastest team is America with all these little guys.

Plus as Kwamain Mitchell becomes Andre Miller II, we will be an unstoppable force of midgets.

I don't think the coaching staff would agree with that at all. He had potential and if he had the determination Majerus could have done a lot with him.

Yes, we needed another big down low but that big doesn't help us if they don't have any skill or ability. He was a waste of space on the court that did more harm than good for the team.

You're a joke.

BT held his own against Frease and had a number of other good moments. BT could also pop from 3 point land. He had plenty of talent, but obviously didn't mesh with RM's style.

I'm not saying he would have been all conference, but BT would have helped up tremendously this year if he had a similar skill progression from Fresh to Soph year as the other guys.

You're a joke.

BT held his own against Frease and had a number of other good moments. BT could also pop from 3 point land. He had plenty of talent, but obviously didn't mesh with RM's style.

I'm not saying he would have been all conference, but BT would have helped up tremendously this year if he had a similar skill progression from Fresh to Soph year as the other guys.

Agreed. Thompson would have really helped in the nonconference schedule, before Cody showed up. He would have allowed Willie to get some time at the 4 and he also would have allowed Cory to redshirt. I think going forward, we'll be just fine without Thompson, but at least for this past year, his presence would have helped. His summer departure created a roster opening that could not be filled.

You're a joke.

BT lacked drive, and mental/physical toughness and went where he knew he could get by without those traits. He seemed to do pretty well for Lindenwood this year and I'm happy that he found a nice fit for his game. I'm also happy not to see BT in a SLU uniform anymore.

BT lacked drive, and mental/physical toughness and went where he knew he could get by without those traits. He seemed to do pretty well for Lindenwood this year and I'm happy that he found a nice fit for his game. I'm also happy not to see BT in a SLU uniform anymore.

Sure, he might have lacked toughness and RM might have applied the wrong method to fire BT up.

Contrary to your belief, he had skill and ability.

Agreed. Thompson would have really helped in the nonconference schedule, before Cody showed up. He would have allowed Willie to get some time at the 4 and he also would have allowed Cory to redshirt. I think going forward, we'll be just fine without Thompson, but at least for this past year, his presence would have helped. His summer departure created a roster opening that could not be filled.

You're right.... IF he would even have been allowed to play because of his failing grades. A motivated BT would have helped us. BT as a failing student, thin-skinned quitter on the court would not have.

Where are you Brett?

You're right.... IF he would even have been allowed to play because of his failing grades. A motivated BT would have helped us. BT as a failing student, thin-skinned quitter on the court would not have.

Where are you Brett?

Could Lindenwood kids go to Iowa without a sitting period?

Where are you Brett?

Wow, BT probably wasn't perfect, but he was also an 18-19 year old kid. Let's cut him slack. And I doubt it was all BT's fault. I have a hard time believing RM handled it as well as he could have. Of course, you won't call out the 60 year old adult getting paid $1,000,000 in this situation.

Wow, BT probably wasn't perfect, but he was also an 18-19 year old kid. Let's cut him slack. And I doubt it was all BT's fault. I have a hard time believing RM handled it as well as he could have. Of course, you won't call out the 60 year old adult getting paid $1,000,000 in this situation.

Moy.

Of course I would call out the 60 year old - but only if he were at fault. Effort in school is part of the job for a D1 athlete on full scholarship. Every other kid on SLU's team gave full effort in the classroom. They can and should deserve credit. Most were/are 18-19 year olds as well. If you want to cut BT slack, go for it. I don't . BT did not study and made failing grades such that he would not have played the first semester anyway. Are you disputing this?

The only thing I'd change in my prior post was that I really meant to say where is BT's excuse-making brother.

RM, no doubt, is a tough guy to play for. TL will attest to that. As tough as things may have been for TL, he did not quit on his teammates or himself. TL and every other kid studied. BT may have been recruited by Brad but he was also recruited by RM and he committed to SLU via RM - not Brad. BT knew, or should have known, what RM was like. If BT gave it his best try with RM and decided he wanted to go elsewhere, no problem from me. If BT did not want to play 3 more years for RM, no problem at all from me. Transfer in good academic standing and allow SLU to replace him. Instead, BT did not study. BT did not give it his best in the classroom. BT let his teammates and the entire SLU program by not making grades. He quit on his teammates and SLU twice - first in the classroom and second by leaving when he did. His quiting affected the entire team this year - all who innocent and most who never knew the guy. Had BT not quit when he did, RM could have replaced him and thereby helped out WR and the team, allowed CR to redshirt if he wanted to and would have made the NCAA delay in clearing CE easier to deal with.

I don't buy this victim thing from his brother- that BT all of a sudden decided to leave at/after the team banquet comment -all b/c of the 60 year old.

clock if you remember, thompson originally was going to quit basketball all together. while i dont agree with the thinking that meant he had given up on not just basketball but saint louis university and school all together.

had he not developed this hate for basketball and saint louis university he would likely not have given up on that math class. plus the academic assistance that was yanked from him at the point of his decision likely would have kept him from failing. at the very least he would have had the summer to retake the class and remained eligible.

clock if you remember, thompson originally was going to quit basketball all together. while i dont agree with the thinking that meant he had given up on not just basketball but saint louis university and school all together.

had he not developed this hate for basketball and saint louis university he would likely not have given up on that math class. plus the academic assistance that was yanked from him at the point of his decision likely would have kept him from failing. at the very least he would have had the summer to retake the class and remained eligible.

Boo hoo for Brett. That big meanie RM. Damn lucky we don't still have a draft where the pu$$ies get yelled at and can't just quit.