anyone else...

I have ND. Will back it up with a little wager. I think Big E is a little over rated, certainly over hyped. Cannot stand it. But ND's new slow down style has made them a lot more effective... and their star is back after missing several games.

I think they actually played better without Harangody.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you really believe these are his first posts, I have a bridge to sell you.

Haha, I was trying to smoke him out. If it's not him, someone email him and let him know his soul mate has been found.

I don't have any animosity. I don't get why we'd want to root for them. We don't root for them when they play us. You don't root for your rivals.

You've got to be under 12 years old, right? Then again you spelled animosity correct, so maybe you're just a whacko. Of course we want to cheer for X.

I thought long and hard about that one, but decided against. i do have UTEP over BUtler and SDSU over Tenn.\

I am having a lot of trouble with the south regional, who do people think can take down Duke?

I'm grappling with that UTEP-Butler matchup. UTEP seems to be the trendy upset pick. If they still had Darren "The F-er from Minnesota" Clarke, I would pick them.

I'm grappling with that UTEP-Butler matchup. UTEP seems to be the trendy upset pick. If they still had Darren "The F-er from Minnesota" Clarke, I would pick them.

Butler is solid, dependable, been there before...

I will not be rooting for Minnesota to win.

Yeah most logical billiken fans will be rooting for X. I have a few questions for you about next year though. With SLU on the rise and will be a contender for the A-10 title, who does X have to replace Love? Ive seen Kenny Frease have some decent games but he doesnt impress me too much. Also, what is the word in Cincy regarding Jordan Crawford? Is he all but gone?

Yeah most logical billiken fans will be rooting for X. I have a few questions for you about next year though. With SLU on the rise and will be a contender for the A-10 title, who does X have to replace Love? Ive seen Kenny Frease have some decent games but he doesnt impress me too much. Also, what is the word in Cincy regarding Jordan Crawford? Is he all but gone?

Agreed- we should be rooting for X- All for one in this case.

Minnesota is yet another BCS team that should not be in this year's NCAA, not with that RPI of 61. Granted, Minnesota did win a close game late in the season at Champaign, but Illinois finished ahead of Minnesota in the Big Ten standings. And I'm not saying Illinois necessarily was NCAA worthy itself, not with that RPI of 74. But Illinois did finish 10-8 in the Big Ten, which is usually good enough.

I suspect at the very least he will test the waters and see where he is projected. I'm not hopeful that he'll be back. Depending on who you ask that's a blessing or a curse.

Who do we have to replace Love? That's an excellent question. The hope is that Frease will continue to develop and that the income recruits will help a little as well. But the answer right now is "I don't know". Many question marks for X next season.

I suspect at the very least he will test the waters and see where he is projected. I'm not hopeful that he'll be back. Depending on who you ask that's a blessing or a curse.

Who do we have to replace Love? That's an excellent question. The hope is that Frease will continue to develop and that the income recruits will help a little as well. But the answer right now is "I don't know". Many question marks for X next season.

Big question mark, that one. Lots of help coming in at forward, not so much any bigger than that. Frease needs to step up. I'm actually not as down on him as so many X fans seem to be. Coming in as the highest-rated recruit in Xavier history, he needs to develop and I can understand the frustration with him.

Big question mark, that one. Lots of help coming in at forward, not so much any bigger than that. Frease needs to step up. I'm actually not as down on him as so many X fans seem to be. Coming in as the highest-rated recruit in Xavier history, he needs to develop and I can understand the frustration with him.

I'm not as down on him either. But he's frustrating. He'll have a "breakout" game and then will play the next three or four as if he's 4'11 instead of almost 7 foot.

X is going to be fine--both against the gophers and in the next couple of years.

I did some pretty hard research before our game agaisnt them this season. They have an amazing class of recruits coming in. I don't know if anyone is going to be close to Love or Crawford (tall order) but it was something like a 4-star recruit and 3 3-stars thrown in for good measure. They are all 6-5 to 6-9. They will remain tough for quite some time to come.

I think X has a shot at the elite 8 this year. Pitt is up and down--when they are on they can beat anyone and I mean anyone, but they have only been like that for a handful of games all year--enough to worry anyone. However, I think X beats them if both teams play to their "normal" level. I feel KSt is a bit overarted and they haven't exactly been stellar down the stretch. Take away their win over Baylor 2 months ago and the game they lost at home to KS and there isn't a whole lot to brag about down the stretch of their regular season. They did have 2 nice games in their tourney though. It would be a huge win for X if they could pull it off.

UW vs Marq was one of the picks I struggled with in the first round--I ultimately went with our old coach for sentimental reason. Plus, they are playing well. I honestly feel Marq wins though. I am hoping WU can keep their hot streak going. That being said--NM easily advances to the sweet 16 out of that group. They are a team that doesn't get much press, but they are very, very good. They will test WV before ulitmately falling to them in a close game.

Ironically another game I struggled with was the ND vs OD game. OD is a very good team. ND has been hot, but I took a flyer on OD--they beat VCU a few days ago so I let my billiken connection to the CBI with VCU carry my decision.

I think there are 3 games in the west that were tough picks: Vany vs Murray st, FLst vs Gonz, and butler Utep. Ultimately I think Butler prevails, as does Vandy, but I took a shot with FL st. One of the talking heads said something a few days ago about them that I can't remember now.

Richmond has a rough draw--I think they beat St Mary's through shear will of anderson and gonzalvez alone. Nova will be a real test. If Nove goes flat and they get by its Baylor. I really like Baylor despite them losing to KSt last week.

Temple has one heck of a tough 1st round games, I feel cornell is scarier than Wisc. Cornell can defend similar to Temple and keep this game in the 50's. If that happens it only takes one of their many good outside shooters to get hot from 3 land to make this very scary. Temple has the better athletes and should prevail, but this game worries me a lot. After that they will beat Wisconsin, which I just don't think it really that tough. And then they face KY and the party ends.

My final 4:

West: Syracuse-easily

Midwest: Mich St (I refuse to pick KS, TN & Gtwn are too up and down, MD is way too reliant on one player, I just don't feel Ohst has enough bigs to go deep, So Izzo is who I was left with, plus Lucas can and will take ovr games.)

South: Baylor (Nova too inconsistent down stretch, and Duke won't get it done yet again)

East: KY I really think WV is the team to beat in this region, but Wall will make sure they advance. I will be rooting for WV though--which for sure dooms them