Majerus on with on 101 with Bernie at 12:30

brianstl

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

With respect, there is no way we are interested in Suggs at this point.

I understand if we are lacking on shollies. But, If a 6-6 guard who is a very good shooter and is from St. Louis. Also a smart kid and a good kid, why wouldn't we want him, just because he didn''t choose us out of high school. That is stupid IMO.

Why waste a scholarship on someone who didn't want you in the first place-he made his choice so let him live with the consequences.

Jamal Johnson didn't want us in the first place, and he was a nice pickup as a transfer from Miami back in 95-96.

Playing in the 2011 - O'Reilly CBE Classic - in Kansas City, MO with Kansas and Syracuse

Trying to play Florida with Brad Beal.

Outstanding! That O'Reilly CBE Classic in itself, with Kansas and Syracuse, makes playing at home in the CBI far better than being shipped to some outpost to play in the NIT.

Let's think big picture here folks. Good move by SLU.

Now win the CBI.

One thing RM pointed out was how much did the A10 push for the Bills. I agree , in the past conferences have tried to influence selections in the NIT. If this is the case it does not speak highly of our conference.

Did the A-10 push for Rhode Island and especially Dayton over SLU? Enquiring minds would like to know.

Letting a team in that finished 3 full games behind another in the same league, and that lost to that team twice, including on its home court, is an unmitigated farce, and shows the hypocrisy of the NIT College of Retired Coaches Selection Committee.

If you add Dayton's A-10 Tournament loss to Xavier, Dayton was 8-9 in the A-10.

Even worse, there's just no way that North Carolina, NC State, and Northwestern have any business at all being in the NIT field. Wait, of course it's "business." Follow the money.

Majerus' comments re the NIT seeding the teams it wants to get to NYC is very interesting. It benefited SLU in Anthony Bonner's Senior season, when the old NIT gave SLU 3 home games. It hurt SLU in SLU's last NIT appearance when that NIT game between SLU and Notre Dame was mysteriously "transferred" at the very last possible minute to that "neutral site" in Ft. Wayne, Indiana, where the game was played before a "neutral crowd" of 11,000, many of them lubricated Domer students who were bused in for the proceedings.

Im beginning to think that the CBE classic is in 2012. Chris May said we are playing in Anaheim in 2011 and I dont think we can play in the CBE at the same time.

Anaheim? Yeah- by all means, yeah. Bring the Billikens to the Golden State.

They put on some very good tournaments down there, plus the Wooden Classic, a doubleheader involving teams expected to be good ones.

The Billikens will like the Anaheim venue a lot better than their last trip out here- to Stockton, although SLU did win at UOP under Uncle Brad.

That's what I heard Rick say on Bernie's show, 2012 CBE.

Chris May said SLU is playing next year (2010-11) in a made for TV deal, ESPN Classic, in Cancun.

Then he said SLU was looking into playing the following year (2011-12) in "the Pete Newell out in Anaheim." I'm not sure to what he is referring there. The Pete Newell Challenge is a doubleheader, not a tournament, that has been played in the Bay Area, and usually involves either Cal or Stanford as one of the teams. The Wooden Classic is a similar doubleheader that is played in Anaheim that usually involves 2 West Coast teams, often from California, and 2 teams from elsewhere, with the teams expected to be good.

In either case, those are doubleheaders, meaning 1 game for SLU, not tournaments. So it appears SLU could still play in the O'Reilly Classic in Kansas City in 2011-12.

This appears to be the modern era way to beef up the schedule. It has become exceedingly difficult to get good BCS schools to go on the road to play true road games (i.e. at SLU). Perhaps, the best SLU can do is to get them on neutral courts, in some cases not really neutral, but at least not their home courts in "buy" game situations, or 2 for 1's, etc.

What this also shows is that the basketball powers that be have begun to take notice of SLU, which is a very good thing. The SLU Program is on the right track and is growing nationally.

Im beginning to think that the CBE classic is in 2012. Chris May said we are playing in Anaheim in 2011 and I dont think we can play in the CBE at the same time.

That depends on if they're referring to the season or the date when the game is played. This is the 2009-10 season, but sometimes it might just be referred to as the 2010 season, but many of the games were played during the 2009 calendar year.

That depends on if they're referring to the season or the date when the game is played. This is the 2009-10 season, but sometimes it might just be referred to as the 2010 season, but many of the games were played during the 2009 calendar year.

See my post above, which may have gotten lost.

Cancun is in the 2010-11 season, meaning next season.

O'Reilly in KC and this trip somewhere to California would be in 2011-12, and I think the California "Pete Newell" or "Anaheim" would be a 1 game doubleheader involving SLU. The diconnect there is that unless something has changed, and I did Google it, the Pete Newell is in the Bay Area, and the Wooden is in Anaheim.

I think both would be doable in 2011-12 because whatever SLU would be coming to California to play in would not be a tournament.

if rickma wants the a-10 folks to go to bat for us behind closed doors for at large tourney spots, maybe rick needs to quit telling everyone and anyone that will listen how stupid the conference is and how we need to get the hell out of the a-10 as soon as possible.

See my post above, which may have gotten lost.

Cancun is in the 2010-11 season, meaning next season.

O'Reilly in KC and this trip somewhere to California would be in 2011-12, and I think the California "Pete Newell" or "Anaheim" would be a 1 game doubleheader involving SLU. The diconnect there is that unless something has changed, and I did Google it, the Pete Newell is in the Bay Area, and the Wooden is in Anaheim.

I think both would be doable in 2011-12 because whatever SLU would be coming to California to play in would not be a tournament.

No, I'm pretty sure that these 'Classics' still count as 'Tournaments.'