Official Game Thread: SLU vs Chode Island

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Most people that have particpated in D1 college athletics understand the issues and agree with you.

Ask some ex SLU athletes that understand the dynamics... the full picture... they'll tell you.

Internet Catholic-aholics like the A-10... yes, this year A-10 is better than the MVC.

But hey, we might have won the goddam MVC and be resting for the seeding announcements.

Even if Biondi reverses his renege, and we get charters again, A-10 is not for us.

But stupid to switch now, might as well wait for conference shake ups and get in another league.

Good year anyway... NIT should be a good experience. :lol:

I dont think the Bills would of be able to stop Northern Iowa

but probably would of been playing in the finals

the billikens at this stage (youth) are not physically made to play against a rhode island style of play without zebras blowing the whistle. turnovers and rebounds all go rhodey way with that stuff being allowed. i will never understand the game of basketball changing into rugby.

good for rhodey. that probably puts them back in the tourney. they would be ahead of their twins that play in columbia mo now imo with their record and rpi.

Who's fault-this team was unprpared for this game. This game takes away from a lot of the positives of the year. Maybe they should have played on Tues. This was sad!!!

You're not gonna convince me they were unprepared or didn't try. RI played fired up and has some very good players. We're still a couple of players short. Definitely another big banger on the inside to keep the other team from getting 17 offensive rebounds. That's an insane stat. CE had troubles from the 3 on some very good looks. We need another 3 pt shooter next year. If RI plays like this tomorrow Temple's going to have their hands full.

at this point i just want our remaining three top teams and rhodey to keep winning so as to maximize the a-10 profile. we need nit help imo and the better the conference biggies finish the more it will help our rpi i would think with a split with rhodey and richmond in hand and good games with temple and xavier.

I would not say the refs screwed us in this one, we were just dominated by a team that came out and played like they wanted it more.

Rhode Island has some guys that can really get up.

63-47 final with Mitchell padding his stats with some late 3s.

The refs did not cost us this game. But they were bad, one sided, especially in the second half, and it looked like the fix was on.

The first reason we lost was URI has athletes, and they came to play today. They took it to us.

SLU's rebounding was very poor.

And playing on a de facto home court helped URI too.

the billikens at this stage (youth) are not physically made to play against a rhode island style of play without zebras blowing the whistle. turnovers and rebounds all go rhodey way with that stuff being allowed. i will never understand the game of basketball changing into rugby.

good for rhodey. that probably puts them back in the tourney. they would be ahead of their twins that play in columbia mo now imo with their record and rpi.

Yep

Time for these young Bills to hit the McDonalds and the weight room.

Good season for a young team.

Hopefully a good offseason training program can get Reed/Smith/Remukun bigger and stronger.

This game sucked but the future is looking bright.

Ill be pulling for RI the rest of the way

Yeah I wish we could trade places with the team that went 9-7 in the lesser conference.

bad bad bad bad.....Great season, just too bad we didn't have it today. The rebounding is the one thing that I can straight blame on us. Rhody hit tons of shots, we missed ours....that happens, but there is no excuse for giving up all the offensive rebounds.....An offensive rebound is all effort, and we got outplayed today.

I'm on a manhunt for Dr. Emmitt Brown right now. That jackass went back in time, grabbed the team from the beginning of the year, also grabbed Ellis pre-NCAA clearance, and threw them onto the court with Rhode Island. That son of a *****.

Most people that have particpated in D1 college athletics understand the issues and agree with you.

Ask some ex SLU athletes that understand the dynamics... the full picture... they'll tell you.

Internet Catholic-aholics like the A-10... yes, this year A-10 is better than the MVC.

But hey, we might have won the goddam MVC and be resting for the seeding announcements.

Even if Biondi reverses his renege, and we get charters again, A-10 is not for us.

But stupid to switch now, might as well wait for conference shake ups and get in another league.

Good year anyway... NIT should be a good experience. :o

Unfortunately, I'm not an insider, just an alumnis and a fan at this point.

I think SLU put itself in the A-10 to realign itself with Dayton and Xavier and in hopes that some day the Big East will divide, which means SLU could be reunited with Marquette and DePaul.

That still may happen.

But man, it gets frustrating at this time of year, having to wait. The players change, even the coach changes, but the results are the same.

SLU is really at a competitive disadvantage in this A-10 Tournament, especially given that it is Atlantic City, NJ, 950 miles away from St. Louis. That is over 300 miles farther than the next westernmost schools, Dayton and Xavier. Of course, SLU played poorly in the A-10 Tournament when it was in Cincinnati, too. But that was under Brad Soderberg, not a future Hall of Fame Coach, Rick Majerus.

SLU A-10 Tournament games in Atlantic City should go in the books as away games, not neutral sites. That was a SLU road game today, a long way from home.

Today, URI was the aggressor. URI had the revenge factor, and URI had the incentive of still making the NCAA Tournament as an at large.

As much as it is hard to admit, I was impressed with Rhode Island's performance today, even that of its Coach.

Good season for a young team.

Hopefully a good offseason training program can get Reed/Smith/Remukun bigger and stronger.

This game sucked but the future is looking bright.

Absolutely, this team definitely exceeded my expectations. I am ready for next season.