Rush the court when we win?

I think it would be a poor reflection of the program. It would make our fans look like that guy from Duq who dunked in the final seconds the other night. It would be overkill and unecessary. Also, I don't think the administration would approve.

Do I really think they are going to rush the court after beating SEMO or Fordham? No.

Would I get bent out of shape if they did? No.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Fair point. To us alumni and older fans, it probably seems stupid. However, as a student, I had a lot of fun doing "stupid" stuff. If the students feel like it, I say go for it.

I think it's odd that students would let non-students dictate what is "special" to them.

I'm a student. It would be really stupid. Hey lets rush the court and make our team look like a joke.

Rushing would be incredibly pathetic. I think Rick Reilly is a credible source, especially the same day he writes a column about why you shouldn't rush the court.

I'm a student. It would be really stupid. Hey lets rush the court and make our team look like a joke.

Rushing would be incredibly pathetic. I think Rick Reilly is a credible source, especially the same day he writes a column about why you shouldn't rush the court.

Fair enough, then don't rush the court.

Rick Reilly is a credible source? Ummm...ok. Is there really a "credible" source on this type of stuff? It's all opinion, right?

I'm beating a dead horse at this point, so I'll move on.

I think the only viable cause to rush the court this year will be when we win the A-10 tourney.

That said, there's an easy solution for tonight: Rick should shake hands quickly, then lead the team in rushing the student section. And students: Mortal lock on getting on Sportscenter if he crowdsurfs.

I think the only viable cause to rush the court this year will be when we win the A-10 tourney.

That said, there's an easy solution for tonight: Rick should shake hands quickly, then lead the team in rushing the student section. And students: Mortal lock on getting on Sportscenter if he crowdsurfs.

I know you guys hate when I mention Mizzou, but they did just that late last year. The whole team rushed the crowd, and it was fantastic! I think more teams should do this after big victories. The moment is still special for everyone, no one runs the risk of getting trampled or arrested, and everyone remembers it afterwards.

I know you guys hate when I mention Mizzou, but they did just that late last year. The whole team rushed the crowd, and it was fantastic! I think more teams should do this after big victories. The moment is still special for everyone, no one runs the risk of getting trampled or arrested, and everyone remembers it afterwards.

I like this idea.

FETZROCK. MORTAL LOCK. COCKSTRONG.

All great slogans for our Billikens.com wristbands. hahahaha

Fair point. To us alumni and older fans, it probably seems stupid. However, as a student, I had a lot of fun doing "stupid" stuff. If the students feel like it, I say go for it.

I think it's odd that students would let non-students dictate what is "special" to them.

Fair enough.

For what it's worth, I'm only a few years removed from being a student and still love to do stupid things (within the realm of reason ;) ). I just view this as overly stupid and kind of lame.

If the studnets decide to rush the court that is their business and I will be standing and cheering in the stands.

I would actually get a kick out of seeing it. I rushed the court at the Louiville game and thought it was pretty cool.

However, I dont think this is the opponent to storm the court against.

Yes Temple is ranked in the top 20. But SLU is trying to build themselves into a yearly top 20 team.

The Bills are on the verge of getting their 20th win and beating a solid but not great temple team should not be that big of a suprise.

THis could be a big win but not rush the court big IMO.

But whatever the students decide to do Ill be cheering with you all.

Board-

We are missing a key time to rush the court...On a bad call by the ref. Anyone else in?

Next time, KM gets mauled on a fastbreak, we all rush the court after those A-10 refs

Haha....I was glad you weren't on the floor for the last game...could have been the last we had seen of the Backhand at the Fetz. Blessing in disguise. FYI...apparently you are my boyfriend (That's what Postcard said you are; hilarious joke)..haha...I deleted his PM without reading it, but I saw that in the header.

Haha....I was glad you weren't on the floor for the last game...could have been the last we had seen of the Backhand at the Fetz. Blessing in disguise. FYI...apparently you are my boyfriend (That's what Postcard said you are; hilarious joke)..haha...I deleted his PM without reading it, but I saw that in the header.

Davola-

Yes, I'm glad I missed that game where you had courtside. Although me showing up in that costume would have made ESPN Sportscenter, it wouldnt be worth Backhand being blacklisted from the Fetz.

See you at the Annex about 5:30ish.

On a side note and something that I believe will ultimately benefit the billikens, following the retardedness that Davola speaks of above, Backhand has started yoga classes to control his massive and uncontrollable mood swings. I feel that by getting in touch with my spiritual side, I will become a more complete Billiken fan. Also, I will incorporate this into the off season workouts.

Namaste,

Backhand

Fair enough.

For what it's worth, I'm only a few years removed from being a student and still love to do stupid things (within the realm of reason ;) ). I just view this as overly stupid and kind of lame.

Life would suck if we never did anything stupid.

I don't get the rushing the court thing, but in the big picture it is not that big of a deal if it happens.

Davola-

Yes, I'm glad I missed that game where you had courtside. Although me showing up in that costume would have made ESPN Sportscenter, it wouldnt be worth Backhand being blacklisted from the Fetz.

On a side note and something that I believe will ultimately benefit the billikens, following the retardedness that Davola speaks of above, Backhand has started yoga classes to control his massive and uncontrollable mood swings. I feel that by getting in touch with my spiritual side, I will become a more complete Billiken fan. Also, I will incorporate this into the off season workouts.

Namaste,

Backhand

Eastside is glad you have changed your ways Bachandtherican.

Davola-

Namaste,

Backhand

With your new found yoga, if you ever need to relocate, you would be right at home out here on the Left Coast, especially in the People's Republic of Berkeley itself, as in Telegraph Avenue, or across the Bay in the Haight.

You could join me in debating the Forces of Evil from Haas Pavilion and Sproul Hall.

With your new found yoga, if you ever need to relocate, you would be right at home out here on the Left Coast, especially in the People's Republic of Berkeley itself, as in Telegraph Avenue, or across the Bay in the Haight.

You could join me in debating the Forces of Evil from Haas Pavilion and Sproul Hall.

In the immortal words of Mario Savio: "(Eff) you!"