From the Temple Board

Someone asked if anyone had any info on the type of game we play and this was one of the responses.

"They play mostly zone, so we MUST shoot well from the 3 point range. It is unlikely that Lavoy will get many touches, and he will have to get his on the offensive boards. We also can't settle for all 3's like we did against Charlotte. Fernandez and Guzman must penetrate and set up easy shots for others."

I was looking at that too.....too bad Temple and their coaches don't actually think that.....I guess those fans are in for a surprise......Should be a great game....Temple isn't a great road team, so hopefully the building will be rockin' for the game, and we can send them home a loss and virtually no chance at the regular season title.

Fernandez is slightly better at all-around play then Redford at Xavier who is purely a three-point shooter. Fernandez can stroke it but he can be bullied as well. Guzman doesn't scare me much. Brooks wasn't really much of a force last year with Christmas and he maintains a role as a good, complimentary player but he is a 6'2" shooting guard. Allen will be a load and given our perchant for making big men look good, facing a great one like this scares me. Williams and Eric can overpower Ellis on the boards so match-up issues will exist. Ramone Moore was going off recently until the La Salle game. He is a 6'4" slasher and might be another match-up problem. With Brooks and Guzman and Fernandez bering streaky and given the fact they are on the road, I'd challenge them to beat us and beat our tough three-point defense. Of course, that means Willie and Cody and Brian and John need to keep Allen and Williams off the boards. I think this is winnable.

This if from the Dayton board prior to our Mardi Gras game....what is it with people thinking we play zone?

This game only has the potential to turn into a landslide for us for three reasons:

1.) They just spent 9 days in Philly

2.) They play 4 freshman and 4 sophomores 22+ minutes

3.) Dayton continues its "this is our last game ever" mentality

This game will likely be tight because:

1.) It's Mardi Gras. The crowd will be drunk and obnoxious.

2.) Majerus always slows the game down and keeps it tight.

3.) SLU will zone the crap out of us.

temple poster:

Then why does Majerus have a book called: The Complete Guide to the Triangle and Two Defense? It even has a St. Louis player on the front. Does he play several different defenses?

find it here

Posted Image

never seen it before. interesting KL is on the cover

temple poster:

Then why does Majerus have a book called: The Complete Guide to the Triangle and Two Defense? It even has a St. Louis player on the front. Does he play several different defenses?

find it here

Posted Image

never seen it before. interesting KL is on the cover

Weird, I've never seen or heard about that either.

Why would we bother researching you guys for one game?

I'm just saying that if someone asks for someone with knowledge of the team you are about to play and someone acts like they do and gives bad info it makes them look like an uneducated fan. I don't know who leads your team in scoring and I'm not going to pretend that I do.

I'm just saying that if someone asks for someone with knowledge of the team you are about to play and someone acts like they do and gives bad info it makes them look like an uneducated fan. I don't know who leads your team in scoring and I'm not going to pretend that I do.

So one or two people make all of us uneducated? Who cares if he was wrong. I dont know what defenses most teams have, and dont really care. Our leading scorer is Ryan Brooks at ~14.5 per game, although he's been down a bit lately averaging under 11 over the last three games. Ramone Moore has really picked it up averaging just under 17 points per game while starting in place of Juan Fernandez, who had a concussion and migraines.

So one or two people make all of us uneducated? Who cares if he was wrong. I dont know what defenses most teams have, and dont really care. Our leading scorer is Ryan Brooks at ~14.5 per game, although he's been down a bit lately averaging under 11 over the last three games. Ramone Moore has really picked it up averaging just under 17 points per game while starting in place of Juan Fernandez, who had a concussion and migraines.

Hey... hey... hey... Fat Albert went to Temple didn't he? Or got an honorary PHD, right?