On the bubble for NIT?

stmdragons

I guess not, but I thought we were safely in the NIT.

Based on?

All this talk of NCAA births, as presumptive as it is, is based on the possibility of us winning-out in the regular season....a very unlikely event.

We are ranked 82 in the RPI and that is the reality of it.

So you give Charlotte a #1 seed when they are arguably on a down side? And a North Carolina is in this as a seven seed? A lot can change in two weeks. Use this to pass the time. At least we are getting noticed now.

I guess not, but I thought we were safely in the NIT.

do the math. the ncaa bubble will likely bust at 50 rpi or below. the nit has 32 teams. 50 + 32 = 82.

now figure in the fact that the ncaa gives an automatic bid to any conference regular season champion that does not win their conference tourney and gets stiffed as an at large bid for the ncaa, that will undoubtedly take a few of the spots for the lesser conference chokers. thus you really need to be below 70 to be an nit cinch imo.

a lot of wins needed to reach that for an end of year rpi.

2 - 2 and were in the NIT

4 - 0 and were in the NCAA

Lets just win the conf. tourney and make it easy ;)

if we go 2-2 we prob wont finish in the top 4 for the tourney bye. then if we blow the playin game here at chaifetz to a lesser team in the conference, we are probably in deep trouble for the nit.

4-0 in the conference cinch's nit. but we would need to win a couple of games in the tourney to get the final rpi low enough to be on the bubble for the ncaa. remember if we blow an early nit game it will be to one of the lesser A-10 teams and that will be a bite backwards. we need to get to the other good a-10 teams before we lose.

And I think teams like SLU have to do even more to get in.

When the NIT is picking teams they will take big name BCS teams before SLU

If a team like UNC or Michigan is a few notches below SLU in the rankings they probably would still get the nod before the Bills

And I think teams like SLU have to do even more to get in.

When the NIT is picking teams they will take big name BCS teams before SLU

If a team like UNC or Michigan is a few notches below SLU in the rankings they probably would still get the nod before the Bills

i agree, plus add the fact that slu is a horrible fan travel team. there is a lot of talk on the board about following the team, but past experience shows the typical billiken fan doesnt follow the team.

i think our ace is that chaifetz has been a decent attendance draw. and if slu can guarantee 10k, that would help. of course slu wont do that if you all didnt send in your reservations last week. if they dont have the season ticket holders getting us close to the number, then slu wont make a guarantee imo. hopefully if those of you that forgot to fill out your orders grab them asap and get them faxed or delivered to slu now.

I keep thinking that we will probably lose 1 more regular season game. If we do, and if we then win 2 in the conference tourney, I'm going to scream like hell that we should get an NCAA bid. It's not my job to care whether that's realistic. I'm biased and I intend to let my emotions block out reason. 23-10 should get it done.

Lets just win the conf. tourney and make it easy ;)

Just like Jake Taylor said in Major League:

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

I keep thinking that we will probably lose 1 more regular season game. If we do, and if we then win 2 in the conference tourney, I'm going to scream like hell that we should get an NCAA bid. It's not my job to care whether that's realistic. I'm biased and I intend to let my emotions block out reason. 23-10 should get it done.

Totally agree - that would mean 5 quality wins in the last month - I think we'd get in at 23-10

10 losses would be a lot if our strength of schedule was one or two out of conference wins better. I wouls like to see us get to NIT they have loved us in the past and given us home games when possible but it has been a long time.

10 losses would be a lot if our strength of schedule was one or two out of conference wins better. I wouls like to see us get to NIT they have loved us in the past and given us home games when possible but it has been a long time.

Let's just worry about X for the moment.