Friendly BlueCrew Advice

SLUSAE

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a suggestion for my fellow student section members--

I think the student section/Blue Crew need to just get random. The more random the better. For instance, the big heads, people in Chewbacca outfits, etc. If people are having fun in the student section, then more kids will want to come, regardless of the competition we play. The sombreros are an excellent touch and should probably be brought back and worn by a few students.

I think we could brand SLU basketball as random, much like our mascot. What's a Billiken? Ridiculousness.

+1

i usually stand closer to the top of the student section, just because i am usually a bit late to the games usually with homework and such, and my only complaint is that a lot of times it just seems separated from top to bottom with the cheers. I think a cool thing would be if we maybe had a little whiteboard like the band, and we could let the people higher up know what cheer is coming or at least like they said at least put a meeting or something together so that we can all get on the same page......but I do love the random cheering. sometimes the kids on top just start their own cheers....just make noise I think is great.....We are doing a great job here lately, and for the big games like dayton, everyone is able to catch on to the cheers eventually.....i appreciate anyone who is willing to take the role of leader, and I like that anyone can start a cheer still.........lets go all out for xavier.....signs, costumes, whatever.....just make sure everyone is wearing white......the pop-up move is always debatable on whether it truly works, but until it stops working, might as well use it........just make noise and get fired up for the game.........spread the news, maybe you'll get a first-timer who has some great cheer ideas from high school or something......the biggest thing is that we support the team, and make it a tough environment for the other team.....we want to make Chaifetz a scary place to play for opponents....

lets go slu

i was a vp last year of blue crew and we honestly tried a lot of this stuff. White board, student meetings etc. No one really looked at the white board and no one really showed up for the student meetings.

i think the fans were great at the dayton game, and i am expecting the same for xavier and temple.....like others have said, just being loud and making noise is good...obviously when we are making big defensive stops and scoring big baskets, we are just screaming and yelling, and that is something that the whole arena does. That's where the arena gets the loudest, and thats where you force the opposing team to call time-out and re gather themselves. Hopefully we can all get on the same page, but i know that it's pretty difficult. A lot of the big cheers catch on throughout eventually anyway.

Gotta keep the "free throw defense" going.

One last thing...this is more for the adults, alumni, and everyone who isn't a student who goes to the games....Please please spread the word for the "Whiteout". The "blueout" wasn't great, but the whiteout could be sweet. Xavier is a team trying to get in the top25 as well as the NCAA tournament. Hopefully we can get 90%+ of the stadium wearing white on Wednesday. Just looks much better.

Lets go SLU.

This is a little off topic, but I'll throw it out there anyway.

My favorite taunt from the SLU band (circa 1999) was directed at Denny Crum when he was the head coach at Louisville. Denny used to wear bright red blazers on game day, so the band comes out with...

"HEEEEEEYYYYYYYY, HEEEYY DENNY. I WANNA KNOW-oh-oh.....WILL YOU WASH MY CAR!" to the tune of:

"Hey, hey baby, I wanna know....will ya be my girl".

That should be on a sign!!!

Hey man, you need to calm down. You are obviously a divisive figure in the student section. If you care about the future of our student section, you should just be another face in the crowd. That is an easy solution. Your self-appointed position as 'Cheer Nazi' should end right now.

Hey man, you need to calm down. You are obviously a divisive figure in the student section. If you care about the future of our student section, you should just be another face in the crowd. That is an easy solution. Your self-appointed position as 'Cheer Nazi' should end right now.

I start cheers. I don't tell people or care what they can or can't do as long as they aren't throwing things on the court. This post is a joke right?

What a loser

Dude, what's your problem? Without 05 there wouldn't be a student section.

whoa there turbo....wouldn't consider it "self-appointed". get a life

05-

Keep doin your thing.

IAbilliken-

shut your mouth

Are you kidding me? This is a ridiculous statement. Without 05, the greeks would be much more willing to participate with the rest of the student section.

Greeks? SLU has fraternities?

Are you kidding me? This is a ridiculous statement. Without 05, the greeks would be much more willing to participate with the rest of the student section.

+938582943299882539859859820210230459239855292

Billiken05fan beating his chest like he's the christ figure = priceless.

its not a coincidence everyone throws things at you.

Not 'self-appointed'??? How can you even say that? He routinely yells commands and cheer directions to the rest of the student section. He was never elected to anything.

Cheer directions?? I start cheers, if someone starts it before me, I join in. If you have a problem with me personally, take it to Private Messages. I don't hold anyone by the hand and make them do anything. This is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard.

Is this serious? The greeks make up a larger portion of the student section than the Blue Crew does. They just don't wear matching clothing. I'm not sure if this is a serious post or not.

When you become significant you let us know...where have the 'Greeks' been the last 10 plus years?

Is this serious? The greeks make up a larger portion of the student section than the Blue Crew does. They just don't wear matching clothing. I'm not sure if this is a serious post or not.

Why aren't the fraternity members wearing blue and supporting the Billikens at the game? Save the sectarian stuff for other occasions and unite as Billikens fans. All of the students should be the Blue Crew.

There were a few games earlier in the year when 05 was one of only a handful of people in the student section. He is always among the most vocal in the section. As someone who was in a fraternity (although not as SLU), I know how greeks and non-greeks generally do not get along. But that crap has no place at the basketball games. When it comes down to it the student section is about supporting the team and cheering your nuts off for the team. Who cares about whatever petty crap happened in the past, when you are at the game everyone has the same goal, support your Billikens and distract/piss off the other team. Check whatever personal drama you have at the door and just have fun yelling and going crazy at the game.